Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    You know I read the bst thread and I sympathize. While plds haven't had it as bad as a lot of other jobs because of the rng strat I wouldn't go so far as to say there is significant problems with the job.

I mean can we be honest with the situation are there only like 3 guys on the DEV team? How hard is it to fix the sorts of issues that are brought up on this forum, I'll admit im not a programmer. Why is that issues go unresolved for so long?I've heard it often said that SE doesn't care about NA comment on a JP game is this true? How many of the suggestions for the NA community do you actually accept?

I'd like more transparency or at least more updates as far as long term schedule to fixes please. Keeping ppl in the dark or just random updates is not enough to keep ppl interested. The enmity issue has been know about for a LONG time and every attempt/adjust hasn't achieved any level of what I would equate to success.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeron View Post
    Ok, so the only flaw in your example with the increased enmity cap is that NMs do significant enough dmg to drop your hate back below the limit, while the DDs keep a pretty much keep a constant cap on hate. My pdt set has 67pdt/30mdt/30bdt and 25% gear haste on it with +43 enmity on it and when im /blu I have like 1600 def and I still take dmg from delve 2 bosses so this idea that ill get to afk to keep hate is a lil silly. I think the balance is making the extended cap significant enough to where a pld would be unable to keep hate above the cap from just auto attacking and would require them to use jas/mas to maintain above the cap. I mean I understand what your saying about the afk thing I really do but something has to be done. Maybe they should separate dmg hate and ma/ja hate and have different values for each.

I definitely think they need to get rid of the lvl correct bullshit though.
    Hmmm not exactly sounds like you are mixing up what I was saying about a general increase in cap and job specific ones. The reason just raising the cap period wont work that well is because the same reason just lowering the amount of hate from dmg didn't really work. Even if you did manage to make it work on 1 mob ones with higher hp would have more hate to be able to be gotten off of them because of that. While there is some amount of compensation for that in the level correction part of the dmg enmity equation it doesn't even come close to keeping up with how fast hps have risen. So you have one mob where you literally can't cap enmity from just dmg on and others you can cap 1000 times over. And of course as mob hps go up generally speaking our ability to deal dmg does as well so that would make static corrections like just raising the cap or lowering how much you get not work over time. Hence why I purpose making hate based on mob total hp instead of level similar to how CE loss is based on your total hp. Making it so that no matter what mob or how much hp that for example for pt content at most 3 people could cap hate from just dmg. Which would mean that if you had 3 DDs and they all did even amount of dmg AND lost none from dmg/debuffs they would all barely reach the cap as the mob died. Obviously that is probably a bit too low since the whole point of the system is to give us a means to control where the mob is with effort and there will be some losses especially from normal DDs. So maybe more like enough for everyone to cap barely. Should also point out that there is a situation where it wouldn't work out that well and that would be mobs that heal themselves significant amounts since the dmg they take would be decently out of sync with how much hp they have... but seems like a minor issue to me

The reason against giving certain jobs different higher caps was that as long as that job has higher than the normal cap they will have the mobs attention. And as we have already established getting and maintaining capped hate is trivial even to melee mages. So all you would need to do to tank is turtle it up and afk. Yes you will still take dmg but you wont have to actively get hate since you can easily stay above get hate faster than you lose it just auto attacking. Now if you were solo yeah you'd need to pay attention to keep yourself alive but pt+ content you have a healer. Heck as is while just holding mobs I've definitely afkd on mobs that would kill most DDs for a bit and no one noticed. And as far as actually tanking in pt content your main role as a tank is to keep the mob on you and take as little dmg as you can both of which help the healers keep everyone alive. Sure if you were there you could heal yourself some or deal a tiny bit more dmg but neither are necessary and trivial to what you could do playing another character with your full attention. As such I could definitely see some people basically making pld characters designed to do that and then afk on that while they play another character to it's full potential. Heck people already kinda do do it with low enmity DDs or using pld as main source of dmg. Sit your pld in front a mob and go to your healer and keep alive with a whm.... you just can't currently do that when next to real DDs who are going to be capped as well. Though really you can't keep hate regardless if you are there or not lol

Not sure what you mean by separate hate... they do have different values... or do you mean a different category of enmity with it's own separate cap... that could work I suppose though you'd run into similar problems as the whole certain jobs have higher caps unless you really adjusted the DDs jas to give ridiculous amounts.

The level correct for enmity was a kinda good idea. It gave you less hate for higher level enemies which would be the ones with more hp and was easy to implement since it's effectively the same formula/equation as cure enmity... basically it was a lazy version of my idea of basing it on mob hps. It sorta worked at the time but it was designed in an era where mobs had at least somewhat similar hps at similar levels and they rose at a less steep rate and the levels only went up to around 90ish for nms. All things that have changed pretty much since level cap increase and have just increasingly gotten worse and worse
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 06-08-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2