Character
    Marysville
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 97

Reinstalling POL, How do I do it?

I have it all installed, but I've forgotten my Member Password.. I've been reading about it and it sounds like reinstalling is my only option. Do I have to reinstall the whole game? Or is there a way to just remove that member or reinstall just the POL Viewer?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You can just reinstall POL, but you may have to dig through the folders to remove whatever file(s) that information may be stored in. The Member password (the optional one) is a local password you can set just to prevent people from accessing your account on just that computer,

I think you can also just delete the member profile and/or make a new one with the same account information.
    (0)

Character
    Marysville
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 97
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You can just reinstall POL, but you may have to dig through the folders to remove whatever file(s) that information may be stored in. The Member password (the optional one) is a local password you can set just to prevent people from accessing your account on just that computer,

I think you can also just delete the member profile and/or make a new one with the same account information.
    ya i just reinstalled and put my account info into a new member profile but apparently but my square enix password or ID is not correct somehow lol.. Even though I just logged into my account management so i know the PW is correct, and copy and pasted the ID from inside the account management :/

It's never easy for me *cry* xD
    (0)

Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Don't forget you have TWO passwords that need to be sent correctly. The POL password is stored in the member profile of the Viewer, and the SE password has to be typed in at log in time (along with the one time password from a security token or software token if you have one of those in use).

If you do not remember the POL password, you can change it from the SE account management system, and from there, it does not require you to know the old POL password. The button to change it is down at the bottom of the Options page for the POL account you are working with.

The SE password is the only one you need to get on here and post to the forums, or to get on the SE account management system to do things for the account. But to log in to the POL Viewer, you do need both passwords correctly entered in the right place.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dsherman; 06-10-2014 at 12:01 PM.