Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Birrdman
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 65

Blu or dnc subjob

I party with my 2 bros we are low level nothing serious. What's a better sub for rune for tanking? Dnc or blu and why? I would prefer dance for evasion bonus. Thoughts?
    (0)

Dancer so you can dual weild swords with rune enchantments, however...... Fun fact- monster intimidate traits are VERY dependant on CHR, I recently set lizard killer on my blu main for delve morimar (because all delve areas are 1 type of enemy, morimar being lizards) and with 80+ 115 CHR (blu/war) I successfully froze the first 3 attacks directed at me from matamata NM... You get this job trait at level 20 or somthing and it comes in very handy as blu main or sub
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by evanwimbish View Post
    Dancer so you can dual weild swords with rune enchantments, however...... Fun fact- monster intimidate traits are VERY dependant on CHR, I recently set lizard killer on my blu main for delve morimar (because all delve areas are 1 type of enemy, morimar being lizards) and with 80+ 115 CHR (blu/war) I successfully froze the first 3 attacks directed at me from matamata NM... You get this job trait at level 20 or somthing and it comes in very handy as blu main or sub
    No Killer effects are an unchanging static effect level. No stat effects them other than more "____ Killer+"
    (0)

Character
    Birrdman
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 65
    Thanks for the replies. So Rune with a GS and /dnc sub is a no no? I know sambas don't stack but I thought you could just switch them when you need them.
    (0)

Job Trait Overview
    Game Description: Gives an edge against lizard enemies.
    Job Traits are always active.
    Further Notes:
    Occasionally causes lizard type enemies to be intimidated.
    How often a mob is intimidated is based on Charisma.
    One has to have hate for this trait to proc (be it beast or player)
    Ffxiclopedia.org
    (1)

Personally, I go /BLU on RUN for anything that doesn't want pure DD (and tbh if that's required I'd just go DRG instead). /BLU offers cocoon which is the best thing in the world ever, along with head butt which is also incredibly handy. Couple this with some high enmity spells like jetattura and you're laughing. I never /DNC. Quite frankly, the only thing that /DNC is good for is dynamis, but since we have no reason to RUN in dyna, then it never happens.

Speaking of job traits that you get from each sub, /BLU gets att/def bonus from setting the right BLU spells (though you didn't say what level you are). Either way, cocoon offers more than anything offered by DNC.
    (0)

Character
    Birrdman
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 65
    I'm level 36 lol and I just take on tough and very tough mobs. Like I said, just mess around and play lightly with my brothers. I have noticed that I survive easier with dancer. I through on drain samba and heal with waltzes, which heal for around 70. Pollen only heals 28 hp and cocoon I have to keep adding it. I just saw a level 99 run/whm. He said he can tank with that setup?
    (0)

Character
    Birrdman
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 65
    Also I don't really know how to use runes lol I know they add additional damage but that's about it. Also my damage is fairly weak for a 2 handed sword. So basically,

1. Blu is better for tanking?
    2. Can you have whm subbed for tanking? All this is low level stuff mobs outside abyssa lol. level 30-60 3 man party.
    3. How to effectively use runes?
    4. I am stacked with 20 evasion and I still get hit a lot. I think my parrying is leveled too but doesnt parry much
    (0)

Character
    Dragomair
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Galka4life View Post
    Also I don't really know how to use runes lol I know they add additional damage but that's about it. Also my damage is fairly weak for a 2 handed sword. So basically,

1. Blu is better for tanking?
    2. Can you have whm subbed for tanking? All this is low level stuff mobs outside abyssa lol. level 30-60 3 man party.
    3. How to effectively use runes?
    4. I am stacked with 20 evasion and I still get hit a lot. I think my parrying is leveled too but doesnt parry much
    Parry is basically useless. Even with capped parry skill, you'll still rarely parry an attack.
    (0)

Character
    Birrdman
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 65
    Oh boo that stinks So what spells at 36 for rune generate hate? With either /blu sub or /dnc or/whm lol.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast