Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Deciding factor BRD or COR.

So, I have both leveled and they need some work, but I have every song except Paeon V, but every dice for COR. BRD is mostly asked for Double March, but my question lies in that is Then Blitz Roll Really that different that a March? Is reduced Delay inferior to March? Someone said that the Blitz roll also merits less of a TP return. Can COR do an equal job that BRD can?
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    No, it cannot. Blitz roll is a separate term from Haste, so it does not cause the same inverse growth that we know and love when stacked with Haste. The facts that it is still subject to the delay cap and also reduces TP are just the icing on the crapcake.

Bard or bust.
    (4)

Player
    Honestly they just need to make Blitzer's Roll the same as Haste, possibly 25% Haste on an XI & 20% on a Lucky would be enough to make it at least somewhat viable.
    (2)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Cor was never meant to take the place of a Brd, Brd is the best enhancer in the game bar none
    (0)

Player
    While it's true BRD is best, it'd be nice if another job could at least be a viable replacement at times rather than it always being either a BRD or a bust. A 25% Haste roll would be powerful enough to give COR a shot and it would be one of only 2 rolls, at best you're getting 1 other buff and that's it. BRD would still be far superior due to it's ability to provide 3~4 songs rather than 1~2, the fact it buffs more quickly, and the fact it's buffs are in many ways more powerful. COR wouldn't be a great replacement, but it'd at least make it a more viable alternative in some cases, and honestly I think we need an alternative because these days I see tons of shouts for BRDs but there are hardly any BRDs joining them.
    (2)

I agree. I never even bothered to buy Blizter's anyway. I only get to go as COR for linkshell events; haven't seen a shout for that job in a long time.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    While it's true BRD is best, it'd be nice if another job could at least be a viable replacement at times rather than it always being either a BRD or a bust. A 25% Haste roll would be powerful enough to give COR a shot and it would be one of only 2 rolls, at best you're getting 1 other buff and that's it. BRD would still be far superior due to it's ability to provide 3~4 songs rather than 1~2, the fact it buffs more quickly, and the fact it's buffs are in many ways more powerful. COR wouldn't be a great replacement, but it'd at least make it a more viable alternative in some cases, and honestly I think we need an alternative because these days I see tons of shouts for BRDs but there are hardly any BRDs joining them.
    Even if COR gets haste roll it'd never replace a BRD, because the value is random so why settle with less haste when you can get more haste? 25% on No.11 isn't enough at all, and if you roll a bad number it'd be beyond terrible. Ppl still gonna /shout for a BRD instead. Even 2 songs BRD gets more haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    So, I have both leveled and they need some work, but I have every song except Paeon V, but every dice for COR. BRD is mostly asked for Double March, but my question lies in that is Then Blitz Roll Really that different that a March? Is reduced Delay inferior to March? Someone said that the Blitz roll also merits less of a TP return. Can COR do an equal job that BRD can?
    COR can't do equal job that a BRD can, but it can work well in pretty much all situations that you're buffing 2~3 other DDs.

I've been recording my chaos roll numbers and avg, last 14 chaos roll I did the number was 4 4 4 4 9 4 4 4 10 4 4 4 9 7, that makes the avg chaos roll over 25% with hat proc. Light shot+ Dia also make it 20% def down instead of 10%~15%. In melee pt situations COR itself usually do around 50%~75% of MNK or SAM in delve1 depending on situation. With additional 13% def down from steps and samba, having a COR in pt already ended up having higher pt output than no COR in pt.

In RNG only pt COR gets snapshot roll which is equal to haste for ranged jobs, that makes COR still a better choice to have in the pt. Against better RNGs COR usually parse 40%~50% of their dmg, against gimp RNG(which is like 80% of relic RNG on my server) COR can do 60%~80% of theirs. Snapshot roll/chaos/dia+ can easily make up the gap.

It can't replace a BRD, and it's not a game changing job that you must have in pt. But it doesn't need to do the same job as BRD cuz it functions differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    I agree. I never even bothered to buy Blizter's anyway. I only get to go as COR for linkshell events; haven't seen a shout for that job in a long time.
    Ppl still /shout for a COR for certain battlefield, just not delve. There aren't as many /shout as BRD but /shout still exist.

The reason why there are less /shout for a COR is the same reason why there are less /shout for a WAR DRG SAM PUP RDM...you can complete the content without those jobs so why bother to /shout for them. However if you have it then why don't you use it? /shout isn't the only deciding factor whether a job is useful or not, current content can be completed with variety of jobs. In the case of the BRD I think it's too extreme and too game changing, that doesn't mean other none BRD job is bad. I usually have an issue joining shout pt even when they aren't /shouting for a COR.

Also, the fact that most CORs

1) /WHM

2) don't light shot dia: this job is in major disadvantage without 20% def down dia. But most mages don't dia unless you yell at them so oh well.

3) don't do steps:in delve you can start working on steps when pt killing adds, since it can take a while to reach lv5

4) parse less than 5%: The right range for 2 melee/RNG pt is usually around 15%~25%. Just like a MNK parsing 5% doesn't worth a pt spot, a COR parsing 5% is not worth bringing.

5) don't double up on 6 and 7 and just let the bad number stay and rot for next 7 min.

6) Not getting right support.

.....makes things worse.

Also, a lot of ppl has wrong mentality about this job. It's supposed to be buff/DD hybrid, a COR doing only buffing is like a MNK only punching and not using WS, basically only doing half the job. Some ppl tend to view it as buff only job and not giving the right support it needs, that make the job not worth bringing too. According to my experience it's pretty powerful if doing proper buff/debuff and dmg.
    (4)
    Last edited by Afania; 06-06-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Even if COR gets haste roll it'd never replace a BRD, because the value is random so why settle with less haste when you can get more haste? 25% on No.11 isn't enough at all, and if you roll a bad number it'd be beyond terrible. Ppl still gonna /shout for a BRD instead. Even 2 songs BRD gets more haste.
    A BRD with only 2 songs and only March+4(standard non-R/E BRD) would hit 28% Haste with double marches. With Marcato it would hit 36% roughly with double marches. While it's not a full replacement it's not meant to be, but excluding Marcato you're looking at 3% less Haste but a second roll with Double Attack, Attack, or Accuracy. It wouldn't be as powerful as BRD no and it also wouldn't be as much a guarantee, but it's much better than what COR has right now and it'd have at least some potential for closing the gap a bit.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    A BRD with only 2 songs and only March+4(standard non-R/E BRD) would hit 28% Haste with double marches. With Marcato it would hit 36% roughly with double marches. While it's not a full replacement it's not meant to be, but excluding Marcato you're looking at 3% less Haste but a second roll with Double Attack, Attack, or Accuracy. It wouldn't be as powerful as BRD no and it also wouldn't be as much a guarantee, but it's much better than what COR has right now and it'd have at least some potential for closing the gap a bit.
    25% haste with No.11 is terrible, the time you actually hit No.11 is a lot less often than you think. COR is actually fine as it is, you can't expect a buff/DD hybrid job with every AF/REM weapons being DD gear to provide same lv of buff as a buff job that's designed to be a mage job.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 06-06-2014 at 09:41 AM.

Good points, Afania. I am still trying to learn the job so I'm not brave enough to look for parties who aren't shouting for it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast