Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Combination of Items

Sense we are in the age of inventory crisis & saving space, plus the combination of items (elemental staffs) I would like to propose that we can please please please use synergy to combine items as follows:

Light-Dark-Fire-Ice-Wind-Earth-Thunder-Water Grips combine to make - Iridal Grip level 99 Coverts 40 HP to 40 MP Magic Accuracy +2 Magic Potency +1

Flame-Snow-Breeze-Soil-Thunder-Aqua-Light-Shadow Belts combine to make - Iridal Belt level 99 Defense 14 Conserve TP+15 Increases Weapon Skill Accuracy & Damage (just for all weponskills)

Karin-Hyorin-Furin-Dorin-Rairin-Suirin-Korin-Anrin Obis combine to make - Iridal Obi Level 99 Defense 14 - Gain full benefits of Weather/Day Bonus

Please please please !
    (21)

Player
    Due to similar topics, I feel it's important to throw this in here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Chatoyant Gorget & Obi

So in recent months many things have been done for inventory, great things that have helped everyone get their inventories sorted better and cut down to size. While this is the case, we still have certain things we have to carry in excessive amounts. The primary things I am referring to are, you guessed it, the Elemental Gorgets & Obis. Since so many quality of life changes are taking place is there a way you could please add a new Gorget and Obi with the bonus' of all of the normal ones fused together?

You could leave them just as they are, I don't care if you add anything extra, I'm only asking that rather than it being "Gain full benefit of X-day/X weather bonuses", it be "Gain full benefit of day/weather bonuses" so that we may have only 1 Obi rather than need 8 to cover all elements. If you add extra stats like Magic Attack, Damage, or Accuracy I'd be more than happy, but this alone would be awesome too.
    (3)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    doh! Totally forgot to mention the Gorgets! D:
    (2)

Greetings,

While keeping game balance in mind, we do not have any plans to introduce items that combine elemental gorgets, belts, grips, etc. By separating them by element, we were able to give them very powerful effects, and the team would like you to switch out your equipment if you wish to receive effects from different elements.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Camate, allow me to be frank. That's really stupid to say, it's not a balance issue in any way shape or form. There are 8 elements and we can have all 8 belts, macroing in each and every one for certain spells is something we've done for years and quite frankly it's annoying as ****. The only point to this is quality of life, convenience, if you do it I get 7 extra inventory space and if you don't I'll be just as strong I'll just be a bit more annoyed and have 7 less inventory. Unless you can give me even 1 single reason why this would create some magical balancing issue I'm simply not buying it. Sadly this response is something I thought we put behind us over the last few months as things have moved forward, I thought requests were listened to and given proper responses when replied to now days, but this response only serves to prove me wrong I suppose.
    (26)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    That response just boggles my mind. I would love an explanation of how a combined elemental gorget, belt or obi would be overpowered in today's FFXI. Is the development team seriously trying to say that the ability to only carry so much inventory is an attribute of game balance? Because when you add item level gear that is both great for WS and TP phases for some instances, Geomancy +, Phantom Roll+, Iridal/Chatoyant Staff, Universal Ninja Tools, Universal Quick Draw cards, the recent stacking of a ton of crafting materials, etc. It is hard to take the concept of "inventory = game balance" even remotely seriously.

Wasn't it not just recently after Mog Wardrobe was implemented that the development team or Matsui stated they will continue to take steps to alleviate player inventory? So, for some odd reason this suggestion is not applicable? Besides inventory saving, I see no unique extra effect to consolidating these. If they are talking about "Iridescence" that they added onto the combined elemental staves, just don't add anything new. Players would be happy for just saving all the inventory.

FYI: About the elemental grips, pretty much already exists. Mephitis Grip (Magic Accuracy+5 Enfeebling Magic Skill +5) says hello.
    (8)

Character
    Dammit
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

While keeping game balance in mind, we do not have any plans to introduce items that combine elemental gorgets, belts, grips, etc. By separating them by element, we were able to give them very powerful effects, and the team would like you to switch out your equipment if you wish to receive effects from different elements.
    So, please use this logic to explain why elemental staves were allowed to be combined into Iridal/Chatoyant Staves...
    (17)
    Fail Tizona

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Greetings,

I know it's not your fault and you're just a messenger, but what they told you to write makes little sense:

1) You already did it for other items (Chatoyant/Iridal staff combines the power of the lv51 elemental staves)
    2) It's absolutely not a matter of "power" because of the "very powerful effects". Having a single gorget that has the characteristics of all 8 gorgets doesn't make it more "powerful". It will be exactely the same but will make you save 7 inventory spaces. Same thing for Elemental Obis.
    (15)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Plus, we switch our equipment anyway. We go from a TP neck to a WS neck and back again either way. Keeping gorgets separate is just an annoyance.
    (9)

Character
    Afin
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Greetings,

Balance of the game? please..... after Abyssea and seekers of adoulin equipment, please don't give us balancing issue statements =/
    (3)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast