Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Carcer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Please Explain Merit Point Adjustments for June

So, as I'm reading it, does this mean that we would need to spend 15 category points in the HP/MP submenu by, say 8 for HP and 7 for MP for totals of 23 and 22 (respectively) in order to reach 45 (if you wanted both HP and MP), or does this mean that the caps for HP/MP are still 15 and we could hold 45 merits in queue?

Thank you!
    (1)

Character
    Zacas
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah... not the only one curious and mildly confused by this... but by what info was revealed (as in not specifically mentioning that the cap that can be used on HP/MP was raised... just that the category group max was raised... while other specific types were mentioned, like attributes are going from 12 to 15 and the defensive combats from 4 to 8), unless there's a mistranslation involved, again... it seems more like they're adding a third choice in the "HP/MP" category that sounds like we'll spend merits in order to increase our total storable merits from 30 to 45... even though SE already raised the cap of storable merits from 20 to 30... for free, if I remember right... So interested in having this clarified...
    (1)
    Last edited by Zacas1; 05-30-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Character
    Herby
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It means we can spend 45 merit points in the category hp/mp while a new category is added in there "Maximum Merit points"

so hp/mp's max will be

15/15 hp
    15/15 mp
    15/15 max merit points

so we can get 150 more hp, 150 more mp and up to 15 more merits we can hold at a time.
    (1)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    and up to 15 more merits we can hold at a time.
    That is how I read it myself, but I too would like a little clarification. LoL
    (0)

Character
    Herby
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    what else can be a category "Maximum merit points" affect?!
    (1)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    the ability to put more merits in some categories. . . *shrugs* this is SE we are talking about. . . they are tricky like that.
    (1)

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The Japanese post is very specific. Post update, you'll be able to put 15 into HP and MP as well as the new category (Which will up your ability to hold merits by 15) for a total of 45.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    It means we can spend 45 merit points in the category hp/mp while a new category is added in there "Maximum Merit points"

so hp/mp's max will be

15/15 hp
    15/15 mp
    15/15 max merit points

so we can get 150 more hp, 150 more mp and up to 15 more merits we can hold at a time.
    Basically just more grinding that we must do before doing the content, lol. SE can't create enough new content in June to keep ppl busy so they have to use this method to keep everyone occupied.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Unless you need to do this because new things will cost 31-40 merit points, why would i spend merits to increase my maximum merits when I could just spend them on something that actually does something?
    (1)

Because, instead of getting 30 merits and spending 20 on a KI for a new fight and having 10 merits leftover that you can't do anything with, you can get 40+ merits so that you can: get KI, build up 40 merits, do BC, get KI, do BC, get KI, do BC, for 3 runs in a row, and not feel like you're wasting half your merit-building time.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast