Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Trextal
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Suggestion for a new ability

Seeing as casting has gone to the wayside since meleeing and WSing is better dps, I propose a new ability that will at least give some incentive to casting as well:

Morphic Surge(1 min recast): The next physical spell you cast will grant TP based on the MP spent and number of successful hits.

Not sure if 1 min is too much or too little, but it seems like a way to reintroduce at least occasional casting back to the class.
    (8)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I like this idea. I would probably change number of successful hits to damage dealt to keep single hit spells a thing and to improve this ability with CA and Efflux.
    (1)

I like this idea. I like the idea of using MP used in the calculation as well as damage dealt.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 06-03-2014 at 02:42 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    You said "physical spell" So is this just for BLU? Also wanted to note "Occult Acumen: Converts a percentage of MP spent on a direct-damage Elemental Magic or Dark Magic spell to TP." However I do like the sound of "Morphic Surge" and it would be cool to see it make Occult Acumen proc at 100% with added DMG/TP Bonuses.
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm not an expert on DRK - but I believe that Occult Acumen V was given to DRK with the idea that they could use their spells without sacrificing too much TP & DPS from swings.

But seeing that Occult Acumen V only converts 100 MP to 12.5 TP - do DRKs use their magic spells more? Or is this job trait too weak to compensate for the loss of DPS?

If this trait/compensation is too weak for DRK - is will certainly be too weak for BLU.

At any rate - I think BLU (or any nuker for that matter) should have "Occult Acumen V" at a minimum - when at level 99. Occult Acumen should not be a job trait - it should be built into every nuke for every job, the same way every melee swing for every job gets TP.
    (0)

I think that for Occult Accumen to be a viable option, DRKs have to have a set of gear enhancing it as well. It has a niche of uses on certain types of mobs (during invincible for example), or just when pulling, but certainly in high haste situations, melee is always better.
    (0)

Character
    Trextal
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    My idea was to give us something that was our own, especially since occult acumen is limited to elemental spells only. And it plays into the CA/Efflux play style to try to bring that casting that has been left behind back into our rotation.
    (0)

Character
    Encore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I support your idea!

I also genuinely like the way BLU is balanced between spells & sword DPS. If nothing else they could introduce a few more potent spells along the lines of Paralyzing Triad.
    (0)

Character
    Sabishii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I was just thinking of this today, and lo and behold, I see this thread. Give BLU occult accumen and make it apply to BLU magic, so we get TP back for the spells we cast. Right now we either not cast much of anything, maximizing our melee DPS, but not being much of a mage, or cast stuff, and do less damage than if we just used melee and didn't cast anything against stronger targets. Maybe make it only apply to physical BLU spells, I dunno. But it's really a good idea.
    (0)

Character
    Gekuz
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    as I've wrote in another post, here you have a couple of ideas:
    Beastly Eye (Recast 1min): Grant to your next Physical Spell a 50% Accuracy Bonus

Inner Beast (Recast 1min) Allow you to store your currently TPs

Outer Beast (Recast 1min) Unleash those TPs stored under Inner Beast with the next physical spell

Bloody Sapience (Recast 5min)
    Your next spell will receive a boost depending on your current life (Doesn't stack with any other ability)

White Life: 25% (1/4 plus of damage)
    Yellow Life: 50% (1/2 plus of damage)
    Orange Life: 75% (3/4 plus of damage)
    Red Life: 100% (Double the damage)

Judgment of animals (recast 10 min, duration 5 min)
    allows, while under the effect, to choose another party member as target of your buffs spells

Animal ConcentrationDuration (1m or till next buff spell / Recast 7s) Double the cost of your next buff spell to grant a bonus on duration effect / Impossible to stack with Diffusion and Unbridled Wisdom/Learning
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast