Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kit Recipes

Crafting is still profitable
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Just An interesting Thought with Kit Recipes!!

So I got into thinking mode the other day about all the potentials of kit Recipes could hold. I came to the conclusion if newer recipes where created for it to happen then we could combine more then one kit recipe boxes into one syntheses crystal or even many kit recipe boxes along with some other crafting materials in to a new synthesized item or items.

I think it be pretty cool & interesting to see the combination of kit boxes which all ready hold more then one or many ingredients into a box for that particular crafted item in how it could be fun to have them turn out new synth items using more ingredients in less required space placed inside one syntheses crystal.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 07-20-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Player
    any chance well see a 55-80 skill kits?? those for me seem to be hardest to get by.
    (0)

Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Krysten View Post
    any chance well see a 55-80 skill kits?? those for me seem to be hardest to get by.
    Just saying i am agreeing with you on this idea for the kit boxes 55+ Krysten. :P
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Just being curious of whats in store!

Any new news on what are to look forward to for synthesis kits or newer synthesis kits?
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Instead of them adding kits 50-80, I'd rather they simply make the crafts more balanced.

Goldsmithing 51-71: A pure nightmare.

Woodworking 51-71: Easy, peasy.

Bonecraft 51-71: Lots and lots and lots of synthing with no skillups, especially those stupid scorpion rings. Very few alternatives, way too many recipes needing coral fragments. Coral fragments are nearly impossible to get ahold of in any quantity whatsoever.

Alchemy 51-71: Easy easy easy.

Cooking 51-71: Easy.

Clothcraft 51-71: Expensive and/or Lots of Repetitive Grinding to get the materials yourself.

Leatherworking 51-71: Not as hard as Goldsmithing or Clothcraft, but it is up there, as Tiger Hides are difficult to come by these days.

Haven't tried Smithing past 60 yet, but it doesn't look all that much easier than Goldsmithing, with all of the Iron, Steel, and such being required. One Iron Ingot costs ~3600 gil from the guild, buying the ore. Gathering your own ore is a nightmare, you just end up breaking millions of pickaxes and getting lots of copper and pebbles.

I'd rather they give some of the crafts that need alternatives (Goldsmithing, Smithing, Bonecrafting) a boost, add in recipes that aren't so ridiculous. Bonecrafting needs a serious tweak. Once you get into the 70s, the one-and-only sensible recipe is Tigerfangs but you can synth 10, 15, 20+ between 0.1 increases.

Goldsmithing, trying to get to 70-71 to do Garudites is a pain in the butt. I've done 120+ Platinum Ingots and I'm still only 60.6. That's ~1.2 million gil spent on Platinum Ore, as there's only two places to get it from Mining, and the only two enemies in the game that drop it have horrible drop rates (Abyssea and Gustav Worms) at ~2% drop rate.

Everything else in that leveling range takes ridiculous amounts of Mythril (2 ingots per ring, some of that phase requires +1 rings) and nearly everything else requires gems which can ONLY be obtained by getting a High-Quality Synthesis on rare gems (Colored Rocks or Geodes). Geodes are 51, good luck actually HQing one of those.

The crafts should be better balanced than this. Goldsmithing should not be a nightmare to level compared to, say, Alchemy or Cooking. Geodes should give the HQ rocks by default (why do they give the same result as the Colored Rocks when they are much higher synthesis skill level?).
    (1)

Player
    @Aysha:

Leathercraft:
    up to 58 do raptor skin recipes. massive amounts of these skins drop from the velkk coffers from incursion.
    can do tiger leather (guild sells hides or can farm tigers in abyssea) for a bit depending on your +skill gear. if you have hands and torque can skip this step.
    do white mouton to 67. if lazy can buy all the ram skins you want from infinite vendor in leather guild.... or if you don't want to spend all that gil, go spend a few minutes in abyssea - la theine.
    behemoth leather to 70 (i recommend if going to take to expert level) or can do coeurl leather

bonecraft:
    to 53 can do shell hairpin since get these in mog garden mining.
    to 60 do scorpion ring. you may not be getting skillups (are you using kitron macaron and ionis?), but they are common from mog garden mining.
    coral horn to 62. 3x oxblood guaranteed from Up In Arms BCNM.
    scorpion mask to 64.
    beast horn to 69 (abyssea - la theine).
    oxblood orb to 74.

clothcraft:
    silk cloth to 53.
    can do karakul thread/cloth (guild sells wool or can farm the hides to make wool in caedarva mire) for a bit depending on your +skill gear. if you have spectacles and torque can skip this step.
    green ribbon to 62. NPCing these you come out about even.
    apkallu fletchings to 67. feathers are very common drop from apkallu in marjami ravine or time/kill even more so abyssea - misareaux.
    black chocobo fletchings to 72.

goldsmithing: you are already over 60 so i'll start there
    up to 66 do girandola. this is 2x gold ingots and 2x beeswax. beeswax is almost free with how much beehive chips drop from velkk coffers from incursion. Ingots on my server are 4k. NPC value for this item is about 7k. so not much loss there.
    can do oberon's gold ingot/sheet to 69/70. or use those platinum ingots you made to make platinum arrowheads to 70.

Smithing: you are already 60 so i'll start there
    nodowa to 66. NPCing these you will come out about even.
    hien to 70. darksteel ores are common from mog garden mining and lizard skins are very very common from the lizards in the northern part of crawlers nest.

Iron Ingots are 2700 gil btw both for the ingot itself or for the ores (+cost of fire crystal).
    (0)

Though a specific release date has not been decided at this time, the development team is planning to release synthesis kits up to skill level 70. Once an implementation time has been set, we will let you know!
    (6)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Though a specific release date has not been decided at this time, the development team is planning to release synthesis kits up to skill level 70. Once an implementation time has been set, we will let you know!
    Cool, thanks for the reply back Grekumah.

I just hope they wont be to expensive since I seem to be stuck between just above 0 to 60k gil and maybe finally reach 100k gil after several months if i'm lucky with all the spending going on for the HP Warps and keeping assistance hired in the mog gardens, among other things. Gil has been a very daunting task for me thus I hope the higher newer synthesis kits will be on the low gil range side to purchase multiple stacks of them at once per time its done. Just a note that I know quite a few that have there problems making gil in game in which had me thinking about this ahead of time.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 11-07-2014 at 09:04 PM.

A little off subject, but a player posed a question to the devs. regarding using a stack of crystals to create a cluster and we’d like to share that answer with you.

Due to the nature of crystal synthesis, you won’t be able to use 12 crystals to create one cluster. However, we’re currently looking into a system where you’ll be able to trade 12 crystals to an NPC to receive one cluster. We understand that everyone has been waiting for this since we previously received this request, but currently we have other tasks with higher priority, so it’ll take some more time for this feature.

We’ll also look into see at what timing we can introduce this.
    (8)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast