Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Falkirk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    It's very easy to prove to yourself that HeraldHenry isn't level 128 regardless of your main hand axe. Summon him with no axe equipped (or with a level 99 axe) and compare his stats to these.

Code:
    Level  Accuracy  Attack  Evasion  Defense
      99      463     405      404      606 
     113      681     595      603      868
     115      731     623      632      906
     117      745     653      661      944
     119      777     681      690      983
    The level 128 cap w/BA 5 and augmented gloves is a theoretical maximum that has no meaning until we get iLvl Axes higher than 119.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkirk View Post
    It's very easy to prove to yourself that HeraldHenry isn't level 128 regardless of your main hand axe. Summon him with no axe equipped (or with a level 99 axe) and compare his stats to these.

Code:
    Level  Accuracy  Attack  Evasion  Defense
      99      463     405      404      606 
     113      681     595      603      868
     115      731     623      632      906
     117      745     653      661      944
     119      777     681      690      983
    The level 128 cap w/BA 5 and augmented gloves is a theoretical maximum that has no meaning until we get iLvl Axes higher than 119.
    Take that up with SE; as I stated, according to SE these pets can scale higher. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...081#post470081

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/17910/trans-broth

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...162868956&p=10

Ask them is/why it is theoretical; herald is our highest capping jug.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardus View Post
    Jugpets don't go over your main weapon's item level, regardless of Beast Affinity/Gloves.
    Thanks, this is what I thought but then someone in my LS was like "I have level 125 pets" (or some such) and I was like, um, how? I just wanted to make sure I wasn't confused. Honestly if they made BST affinity add on levels over your mainhand weapon and uncapped all the jugs, that actually might help BST cause as it is our pets cannot keep up with content at all.

Basically BST affinity at this point is a broken mechanic that justifies them artificially lowering the max level of our pets so that it has a function. Given that we are so underpowered currently the entire mechanic needs to be fixed.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Thanks, this is what I thought but then someone in my LS was like "I have level 125 pets" (or some such) and I was like, um, how? I just wanted to make sure I wasn't confused. Honestly if they made BST affinity add on levels over your mainhand weapon and uncapped all the jugs, that actually might help BST cause as it is our pets cannot keep up with content at all.

Basically BST affinity at this point is a broken mechanic that justifies them artificially lowering the max level of our pets so that it has a function. Given that we are so underpowered currently the entire mechanic needs to be fixed.
    Basically; this. There are admitting this by releasing jugs that work around it, hmmmmm.

I was of the mindset that the crab does indeed scale to 128 due to SE's explanation and comments from others.
    (0)

Character
    Falkirk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    It's understandable why most BSTs are confused about what level their pet actually is. Even looking at their version update notes from the introduction of item Levels...

"Reference attributes when calling pets over level 99 have been changed.
    If at or below level 99: PC’s Level + the pet’s maximum level
    If over level 99: Main weapon item level + the pet’s maximum level

* The internal level will still be level 99, but the pet's stats will be raised.
    * If the main weapon is switched out when a pet is active, the increased stats will change based on the new main weapon.
    * Should the pet called be level 99 or below, its level will not rise above 99 even after equipping items that have their level displayed. (Added on July 19th, 2013)"

This is telling you that your main hand axe sets a hard limit on what level your pet is.

With /checkparam it's 'easy' to verify the level, but we shouldn't have to play detective to know basic info about the pet we summon.

But yeah, the highest level pet we can have at the moment is 119, until they release higher iLvl axes. And actually, the following pets have the highest theoretical level cap (w/BA 5+augmented gloves):

BraveHeroGlenn
    SharpwitHermes
    VivaciousVickie
    BouncingBertha
    AgedAngus
    PonderingPeter
    SwoopingZhivago

These all cap at level 134 or higher.
    (0)

Player
    Good info; I just take SE's word for it, if they say it caps at 128, ill accept it, but it is good to know that players are willing to test this. I am not; unless they display it on checkparam that is, but nonetheless, good to have that cleared up.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3