Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Yer. It's not that fellows are much more... er, not-empty, but they certainly are more fun all in all.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    If you use NPCs such as Prishe, Lion, Ulmia, Tenzen, or so on then you can say you've a closer bond with them actually than you do your AF in a way.
    One of the reasons I dislike faith trust is that I actually don't want those characters to be out there with me.

That may seem weird to many, and I understand others are exhilarated about it, that's fine, but I don't feel a mighty warrior such as Tenzen would not have something better to do than go level up with me. Her highness Nashmeira (or Aphmau) probably wouldn't frolic around with me even if she much desired for it.

Not to mention spoilers when it comes to Lion, but at least I can go for that boat-ride we spoke of (or at least her alter ego can).

Anyblue, I guess the short of it is: they seem out-of-place to me, be they doppelgängern or not. ^^;
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Well they did clerify it's only a clone of them if you read the cutscene dialogs. So they're not necessarily out there with you in person, just a substitute I guess you could say. Shouldn't really be anything weird about it in my honest opinion. At any rate though, you're not forced to use the Alter Egos if you don't want to use them because they make you feel uncomfortable. Just remember not to spoil the fun for the crowd that enjoys them.^^
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raka View Post
    Well they did clerify it's only a clone of them if you read the cutscene dialogs. So they're not necessarily out there with you in person, just a substitute I guess you could say.
    Yeah, I read, so I am aware of this. It doesn't change it that they seem out-of-place to me.

Shouldn't really be anything weird about it in my honest opinion.
    I have my own opinion. You can't have it, it's mine.

At any rate though, you're not forced to use the Alter Egos if you don't want to use them because they make you feel uncomfortable.
    You're correct again! I indeed do not make use of them.

Just remember not to spoil the fun for the crowd that enjoys them.^^
    I will try to remember that, thanks!

At no point was I aware of trying to spoil the fun for those who do enjoy them. I think I actually said it's fine, even understandable to some extent... ^^;

Sorry about that!
    (0)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    At no point was I aware of trying to spoil the fun for those who do enjoy them. I think I actually said it's fine, even understandable to some extent... ^^;

Sorry about that!
    Sorry if my response came off as rude, and I haven't completely skimmed through the posts in this thread just yet so I may not have seen earlier things that were already pointed out/said.

---
    Curious as to when and if Square Enix will finally add a mechanic to Adventuring Fellows that allows them to learn from us. I saw some stuff mentioned in here I was just thinking about the other day! It would be awesome if they would automatically /heal when 25% and lower MP or 50% and lower HP! Maybe, just maybe they will make Fellows AI function much like Avatars one day, heck that'd even be a useful mechanic for Alter Egos too! Sometimes we play on jobs that we rather not be up and close with monsters with!

So to simplify things.
    Give us the toggle command to make our Fellows act like Summoner Avatars with the auto-assist function.
    Give us a BLM, RNG, and BRD class Fellow finally!
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raka View Post
    Sorry if my response came off as rude, and I haven't completely skimmed through the posts in this thread just yet so I may not have seen earlier things that were already pointed out/said.
    No worries. I didn't take it rude-like at all, and I'm sorry if I made it seem like that!

Curious as to when and if Square Enix will finally add a mechanic to Adventuring Fellows that allows them to learn from us. I saw some stuff mentioned in here I was just thinking about the other day! It would be awesome if they would automatically /heal when 25% and lower MP or 50% and lower HP! Maybe, just maybe they will make Fellows AI function much like Avatars one day, heck that'd even be a useful mechanic for Alter Egos too! Sometimes we play on jobs that we rather not be up and close with monsters with!

So to simplify things.
    Give us the toggle command to make our Fellows act like Summoner Avatars with the auto-assist function.
    Give us a BLM, RNG, and BRD class Fellow finally!
    It is somewhat odd that they didn't add commands for fellows to begin with. They seem to make use of the pet features quite a bit (for one, the game itself calls them pets). Perhaps a lot of those features could simply not be implemented with the time, money, and motivation they had. It would certainly make sense to have battle commands and such since mages might want to rest while their fellow is attacking (and vice versa).

I wouldn't be surprised if they felt it being 'too much automation', much like faithy trusts can't fight without you fighting (though that might just be the only way they could make them attack right now).
    (1)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Well one can only hope that maybe they will rework both Fellows and Alter Egos to work more efficiently. Because the way I see it, no way can we utilize Cherukiki properly in drawn out solo fighting when she hits rock bottom on MP and you just didn't feel like stopping to recast her, cause well...she just wastes a chunk of MP rebuffing again anyways. I don't know, lol. I would imagine the characters who do not fight should atleast have some sort of Auto Refresh III trait at the very least.

Along with that, the Healer class Alter Egos should definitely have the ability to heal without needing to engage in battle. I can't say I'm 100% pleased with Alter Egos, but they do make it easier to exp, merit, and point farm. DD Alter Egos are just about next to useless on 119~ content though, pretty horrble damage output, even the whole Aldo, Lion, and Zeid combo. Oh well, let's hope we get some insight on this topic though. I still want to see Fellows get some reworking.
    (1)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I wonder when Camate will get to us on this idea/request. Would be nice to see some overhauls to the Adventuring Fellows/addition of new fighting styles.

Would be great to see Ninja Fellow too, haha. Dual wield any of the One-Handed weapons, how great would it be?!^^
    (1)

Player
    I for one would like a quest to unlock jobs for your follower and have them use the job abilities
    (2)
    A time enjoyed is a time not wasted

Quote Originally Posted by Zerowin View Post
    I for one would like a quest to unlock jobs for your follower and have them use the job abilities
    I'd be happy even if they didn't feel like putting out the effort to think up a quest and just add the use of more jobs.

I mostly want:
    Ranged Attacker (stands 15' away from the mob unless she has hate)
    Magical Attacker (stands 15' away from the mob unless she has hate)
    Storyteller (Casts level dependent bard songs and melee attacks; songs: Elegy, Requiem, Finale, Nocturne, Ballad, Scherzo, March, Minne, Minuet, Madrigal)
    Soothing Healer (stands 15' away from the mob unless she has hate)

All forms have auto-regen+((Lv./10)+1), auto-refresh+((Lv./20)+1), Haste+(Lv./4; CAP:25)
    Attacker forms have more Double attack/counter/Store TP as Lv. increases ...not sure how much is appropriate.
    Shield forms have Damage taken -(Lv./2, CAP:50)
    Magical attacker has Magic Damage +(Lv. x2) and Magic Attack Bonus +Lv.

Many mage/ranger mobs already function similarly to this when HP > 50% they engage but do not approach beyond a certain point. Just remove the HP dependence from that code when copying it over to Adventuring Fellows.

Fellows don't have gear to increase their stats like players do. They can't be used in battlefields, so giving them stronger stats to approach what players reach at those levels should not be an issue.

Fun thought for another class:
    Pirate (Treasure Hunter equal to the Trait of a THF, uses dice roll with addition of Random Dice (Same as Goblin Dice from NM goblins in Dynamis, but with a 0.5% chance to bust/Perfect, causes Death to herself/Target))
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    So you just want our existing soothing healer stand away from the mob then?
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast