Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    The "strong Store TP" seems kinda pointless, since we can only steal it's TP once every 90 secs. With all those other buffs it's bound to get more than 100% in that time anyway. DA would be a nice addition though. But, what are we saying, SE has had no love for DRG since they gimped Penta Thrust all those years ago.
    (0)

Player
    I actually played DRG during the penta spam era and it was highly exaggerated. Sure DRG could get back 60 or so TP with a 492 lance back then( I think they adjusted the Delay:TP ratio a few patches later, but DRG/SAM got back ~60TP from Penta Thrust so assuming it was ~12TP/hit with STP2. Penta Thrust did on average 450-650 damage which wasn't that much, on Decorative Weapons(with /WAR maybe 700-900, higher if DA proc).
    But, what are we saying, SE has had no love for DRG since they gimped Penta Thrust all those years ago.
    DRG was a lot like RUN when it was released. It was a very incomplete job. In fact, it was so incomplete that in all of the trailers for Rise of Zilart, whenever they showed SAM/NIN/DRG, the former were in full AF but DRG was in Bastokan Scale armor. Everyone thought DRG's AF was the scale armor cuz they didnt show the AF(cuz it wasn't done yet).

Since then DRG has gotten a lot, so there is love for DRG, just not as much love as SAM. If you want a list of things DRG got from 2002-2014 here's what I can remember off the top of my head:

Spirit Link was added(used to only be able to heal wyvern by resting; losing TP and DPS...)
    Wyvern was given Super Climb during DRG's Super Jump
    Super Jump recast shortened from 5 to 3 minutes
    Call Wyvern was reduced from two hours to 20 minutes
    Spirit Surge was added
    Ancient Circle duration increased from 60 seconds to 3 minutes.
    Ancient Circle was given a +DMG% dealt and -DT% received.
    Accuracy Bonus II given at lv 50
    Jump timer shortened from 90 seconds to 60
    High Jump timer shortened from 180 seconds to 120 seconds
    Parrying/Evasion changed from C/C- to B+/B-
    DRG's HP was increase from a C to B
    Wyvern given Subtle Blow
    Wyvern given -40% DT
    Wyvern given Healing Breath IV, Remove Curse
    Spirit Link was changed to be able to transfer half of its TP to the Dragoon
    Spirit Link timer was halved
    Spirit Link potency was doubled
    Spirit Link was enhanced to remove status ailments
    Penta Thrust changed from "Damage varies with TP" to "Accuracy varies with TP"
    Wheeling Thrust changed from a 1.0fTP to 1.75fTP
    Skewer changed from "Accuracy varies with TP" to "Critical hit chance varies with TP"
    Dragoon was added to throwing ammo
    Wyvern could be dismissed if at 100% and Call Wyvern timer would be reset to 0:00
    Wyvern Emotes!

Probably a bunch more but can't remember them. Also I'm leaving out all of the updates after 2011 since you're probably aware of them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 05-26-2014 at 07:50 PM.

I've been playing since 2004, and DRG was the first unlockable job that I unlocked... though I only took it to ~25 initially then stopped playing it for about 6 years.

I'm aware of most of what you've listed, though some of the higher level stuff is new to me (wheeling Thrust and Penta Thrust were as they are now when I finally got there), however, it doesn't prove your point entirely.

Yes, while DRG has had some updates, it's still not on par with most of it's rivals, unless you own Ryunohige, and that's not right. Unfortunately, it's never going to get the fixes to bring it up to speed, due to the fact that DRG is one of the most versatile jobs in the game(due to different wyverns as /mage etc.), and never going to be all-out DD.

So the 'DRG love' has actually made it go from sub-par to mostly mediocre.

Also, listing the effects of Ancient Circle is hardly 'DRG love' since all of the circle JAs got the same update.
    (0)

Greetings,

Thank you for all the feedback.

There is a concern that if we were to make the enhancements for each job point spent more powerful, maxing out all of your job points would become a requirement and necessity to participate in content.

The job point system was created with the concept that you can gradually enhance your jobs as you participate in content and when finished you would feel a definite effect, as opposed to maxing out all of your job points and then participating in content.

With that said, we plan on expanding the job point system in a variety of ways as we move forward, but at the moment we do not have any plans to make large adjustments to the categories.

We’ll also be making adjustments to the amount of capacity points you can earn in the future making it easier to attain points bit by bit. In the next version update we’ll also be adding an enchantment item that has a capacity point version of the “Devotion” effect.
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

The only thing I can say about Job points is that while I understand why the system was implemented that way I don't see why there is a restriction on what gives Capacity points and what doesn't.

Since Capacity points are meant to be acquired over longer periods of time and not meant to become a grind you have to do before the content (the way merits are) they should be able to be acquired from any mob that gives XP regardless of level or area.

Instead what should change is the CP rate you get.

Say I kill a bunch of EP mobs and get 100xp per kill, then maybe I'll only get 1 CP per mob killed. If they are EM maybe I'll get 5 CP per kill, Etc. This will not be much by itself but will add up as I play more, while the zones that have bonuses can remain unchanged.

If I go to Abyssea and get 200000 xp to farm a ki for a fight getting 5000-10000 CP in the process would be a nice bonus, which will add up as a I play. I still wouldn't farm CP in Abyssea, but it would be nice to get a bit of CP just for playing other content.

Or something like that.
    (18)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree with Raydeus. There is nothing wrong with a gradual reward system but it is too limited. Everything capable of experience should also give capacity points in some regard, even at lower amounts. That is the whole point of creating a gradual reward system, especially since everything players do right now is not in Adoulin. If the focus is to draw players into doing Adoulin events just continue to make the CP amount and chain escalate with the level of the monsters. But it should certainly start at the lowest level of EXP related content at 99.

Also secondly, if the whole point is to make this a gradual reward system. Do not put things in Job Points that dramatically affect the job's performance and job fixes, such as Blue Magic points. It completely contradicts what is being described as a casual reward system. Blue Magic Max Set Points (and really needing to set more than 20 spells) is a job fix and should just be natively added to Blue Mage or /cringe... via item level of the main hand. Instead of currently forcing the job to constantly max these out as a requirement for preformance. If you don't think it is a requirement for Blue Mage. Ask yourselves, How dramatically different is a Blue Mage with no Points in Assimilation or Blue Magic Point bonus versus a Blue Mage with +35 spell points (when Job Points are expanded)?
    (11)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Thank you for all the feedback.

There is a concern that if we were to make the enhancements for each job point spent more powerful, maxing out all of your job points would become a requirement and necessity to participate in content.

The job point system was created with the concept that you can gradually enhance your jobs as you participate in content and when finished you would feel a definite effect, as opposed to maxing out all of your job points and then participating in content.

With that said, we plan on expanding the job point system in a variety of ways as we move forward, but at the moment we do not have any plans to make large adjustments to the categories.

We’ll also be making adjustments to the amount of capacity points you can earn in the future making it easier to attain points bit by bit. In the next version update we’ll also be adding an enchantment item that has a capacity point version of the “Devotion” effect.
    expanding doesn't really help anything just because it already takes so long that few people will ever max them. I understand that you'll make it a bit easier to gain capacity points. But part of the difficulty here is some jobs have an easier time getting them than others.

@ OP list of things "we" want and dont want: be careful what you list here because or change "we" to "I." You don't necessarily represent the community with all of your opinions (Though your list is pretty decent).
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-29-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Player
    As an aside I wonder what happened to the test server? They stopped adding new content there about a year ago. :/
    (1)

Player
    In the next version update we’ll also be adding an enchantment item that has a capacity point version of the “Devotion” effect.
    I assume you mean "Dedication" here, because I don't know that everyone wants to be able to give up a quarter of their HP for the equivalent in capacity points. :-D
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The job point system was created with the concept that you can gradually enhance your jobs as you participate in content and finished you would feel a definite effect, as opposed to maxing out all of your job points and then participating in content.
    If that is the case then how come we don't get job points from participating in content with the only real way to get them is to go out and just kill regular xp mobs for literally hundreds of hours during which you will not be participating in content?
    (4)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast