World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 97

Mythic Weapon Quest Glitch, "Coming Full Circle" - Seeking Assistance

Platform: Windows
    ISP: Comcast/Xfinity
    Type of Internet Connection: Cable
    Internet Connection Speed: Unknown (irrelevant)
    Date & Time: 5/20/2014 1:05 EST
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: Wardeniii
    Race: Hume M
    World: Sylph
    Main Job: MNK99
    Support Job: WAR49
    Area and Coordinates: Aht Urghan Whitegate, I-10
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: Abquhbah
    Monster Name: None

Ohayō gozaimasu and hello all, and thank you in advance for scanning through my issue.

I am currently experiencing a glitch with the Mythic Weapon quest "Coming Full Circle". My problem breaks down into two primary issues: (1) My account was compromised in December 2013, which lead to my mythic weapon Ryunohige being dropped; and (2) I never completed the quest "Coming Full Circle" for my Ryunohige, and I am now barred from starting new mythic weapon quests.

I. Regarding compromised account.

I started up school again in August 2013, and accordingly cancelled my account. When I reactivated my account in December 2013, I logged in and quickly noticed that all of my gil was gone, all rare/ex items in my main inventory were gone (I was fully geared on DRG when I logged off in August), and all items that could be NPC'd or sold were gone from all storage units I had.

It was pretty clear that my account had been hacked, and whomever did so simply dropped everything in my main inventory to make space. My main inventory included a completed Ryunohige (mythic polearm).

I contacted Square-Enix and initiated an account rollback. After I provided them with the affidavit and forms they required, I waited five (5) months to no avail. I contacted customer support on six (6) separate occasions, and every time they responded that the rollback had not yet taken place.

Fast-forward to the present. I finished school for the year and decided to cut my losses on the mythic and cancel the rollback. I understand that Square-Enix may not be able to actively devote that much time to FFXI character rollbacks, and I respect that. Thus, I reactivated and started playing again at the beginning of May 2014.

II. Regarding in-game glitch with the mythic quest "Coming Full Circle"

After reactivating, I decided it would be fun to make another mythic. Pursuant to the well-understood procedures for obtaining a mythic, I obtained a Brave Blade and attempted to trade it to Abquhbah. When I tried to trade the weapon, I was met with the message that the trade cannot be completed while in possession of a Serpentking Zahak Relief Shard (temporary key item).

I then realized that I never fully completed the quest "Coming Full Circle" for my Ryunohige. I also no longer possess a Ryunohige since it was dropped when my account was compromised. Nevertheless, I changed to dragoon and proceeded to interact with all potential NPC's and objects for the end of the mythic quest line (Tombstone in Mire, Imperial Whitegate at least 25 times, repeated attempts to trade the Brave Blade to Abqubah, etc.). I did not have a weapon or ammo equipped while attempting to interact with the Imperial Whitegate.

III. Suggested Remedies

I have little to no programming experience; however, the following two solutions seem like relatively simple ways to fix this glitch:

(1) Allow players to dispose of the temporary key item "Serpentking Zahak Relief Shard" when they trade a new mythic weapon to Abqubah; or
    (2) Allow the "Coming Full Circle" quest interactions to activate without the mythic weapon equipped.

IV. Conclusion

It appears that my character cannot create another mythic because: (1) I never completed the quest "Coming Full Circle", and (2) I no longer possess my mythic Ryunohige due to my account being compromised.

This issue could be resolved by allowing players to dispose of the "Serpentking Zahak Relief Shard."

Thank you again for reading through my issue, and I would sincerely appreciate any potential assistance regarding this matter.

Sincerely,
    Warden
    (0)
    Last edited by Warden; 05-25-2014 at 04:20 AM.

Character
    Wardeniii
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 97
    **Update 5/24/14 - It seems quite likely that the reason I cannot finish "Coming Full Circle" is because the final cutscene at the Imperial Whitegate is where the NPC's try to take the mythic weapon away from you; thus, it seems safe to assume that you need the mythic on your character for that to trigger.
    (0)

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The text for the cutscene you need is a bit unfortunate.

The name of the quest at the past event viewer is Coming Full Circle(pt.1)
    (1)
    Last edited by Reain; 05-27-2014 at 03:53 AM.