I posted this other places, but I just like to get my idea's out there.

Anyone ever wish we could go back to the old days where people worked together more and communities were created on both a social and endgame level? Back when the level cap was still 75 and it took skill to play the game instead of just "Hey let's get 3 bards so we can have twelve songs and rape this boss like it's nothing!"

I remember being an Elvaan PLD when I first started the game. I remember rocking my server and for some reason was known as one of the few that would actually hold hate by curing myself in parties. WHM's and RDM's loved me.

But now I don't see that happening in this game. I try to get the same social pieces, but no one really wants to do older content or even just mess around like the old days. Hell, can't even get people together to just an old six man pt just for laughs.

There are some ways to kind of fix this and I will list them, but SE won't do that because it would really make players angry.

#1 fix: Make entry to abyssea level 75. No one needs to be able to enter an area where they can't even hit the damn mob at all, let alone get 1shotted by anything in the zone. Plus that's where a lot of the problems started. People didn't play their jobs, they just leeched them to 99 like it was nothing. I'll admit I'm guilty of this one a job or two, but I was being stupid with the hype that it had at the time and regret it all.

#2 fix: Really put a benefit on partying with other people for non-battlefield/endgame content. The sense of community is really starting to take a hit in the game since everyone really just wants to see who can get the shiniest pair of pants in the game making it no better than a Zero Punctuation version of a dungeon crawler. It's sad because out of all my original shells from the game, I'm the only one that still plays.

#3 fix: And no body is going to like this one. Another set over Server collapsing. There aren't enough people on each server to do anything needed for content, let alone the idea's I'm trying to get across here. It's sad when I can enter in five different zones at each time and in the end, I'm the only person in those five zones.

These aren't all the fixes I would actually go with, but I'm sure there's someone out there that might agree with at least one of them.

I love FFXI, it was my first MMO and really the only one I can really get into with it's story and gameplay. But if the game continues on it's path right now, I see it being no better than FFXIV where you play throughout the whole game solo unless you do endgame content and after that you go about solo again. To me I don't play an MMO to just enter a dungeon with people to clear a boss, I play to do many other things with them. More event based, more story based, just more in general that needs more than a single person.

But I guess none of that would happen until the future comes with a complete VRMMO that is doomed to not exist because that technology won't be around for another 50 to 100 years.

I promise my ranting might be over for now.