Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Gob smacking Adventurer's Appreciation event, how to crack 3000 points?

There must be something about this that I don't understand, because so far the best I can come up with is:

Go BLM/SMN.
    Summon Fenrir.
    Melee with dagger while Fenrir melees.
    Eat Apple Pie +1
    Spam Stone and Water.

Yet I can barely crack 2000 total points. A guy next to me was doing 150 damage per casting of Water.

Anyone else had any success with this? My completionist tendencies really want Aldo and Goblin trusts.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Blm/Whm

Depending on your stats, you'll need to adjust your strategy, I can only list what worked for me.

Round 1: Melee, cure the NPC 4 times, cast water twice. This resulted in (barring resists and terrible luck with missing) nearly equal points across the 3 groups, and nuking and curing being even. This gave close enough and twins bonus for +300%.

Round 2: Repeat as above, adding in an extra cure and/or replacing a water with a stone, to adjust for the scaling. This typically resulted in close enough +100%.

Round 3-5: Run outside of range (or just use a poison pot) of AoES to avoid losing time to sleep and chain cast water. Depending on when your MP runs out, you can either switch up to casting stone (which with 5 MP a tic, you will never have to wait) while alternating water in once your MP has gotten a bit of a buffer, or pop Manafont and just continue nuking water.

This strat netted me upwards of 7k points. The real kicker is just paying attention in round one to your nukes and cures. The round two bit is just for extra really, I wanted to cement my rank 1 incase there's anything extra after the event is over. :P
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Thanks Malithar, I'll try that. I actually got really close... 2986 points as SMN/BLM spamming Stone and using Fenrir's low level attack bloodpact whenever I could.
    (0)

Thanks for the tips on this. Got really frustrated with this event and logged off for 3 days... lol
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I went as RDM/SMN. Had Fenrir melee for me while I stood back away from AoE and cast Stone twice, then a Cure. However, this did take a few tries and seemed to barely break the 3k mark. On that not, I haven't a clue how someone would event think ever breaking that cap if they didn't have a mage job leveled. I know its just lv.5 but I wish SE would have implemented a grand total alternate for expert mode as well.
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thanks Malithar - that combination of heals, stones and melee worked for me (slightly adjusted to add in an extra heal in round 2) :-)

Art.
    (0)