Thread: New to PLD

Player

New to PLD

Is it at all possible that the PLD can be a DD with a GS. I see most GS's have the PLD label on them along with others. So is this viable? please no trolling me, im new
    (0)

It really depends on the level Range. PLD Greatsword skill is pretty solid, Unfortunately there aren't any really good GS Skills before Spinning Slash. But its a good weapon.

However, 75+ Inside Abyssea, a PLD is better off using Sword/Sword Dual wielding if you're looking for Damage, as Vorpal Blade (With Razed Ruins) is going to give you better, more solid numbers over a Great Sword. However, Spinning Slash/Ground Strike are consistent even in Abyssea, moreso i should say, So keeping GS skilled isn't a bad idea.

So, for low levels, Its good but not great, And you're likely expected to tank, a GS PLD Can tank but it'll be more difficult, and likely face criticism, something a new player should avoid. But outside of that, at low levels it is pretty decent. even more-so when you get Spinning Slash. Its been too long so I Can't be sure how Spinning Slash holds up to Vorpal Blade at level 60~. but i think Slash is more consistent and Vorpal higher peaks.

For high levels (Namely Abyssea) It falls behind to Sword/Sword in terms of DD.

I keep mine capped, But I don't think its entirely needed or necessary, However, I would await other opinions on the subject as well
    (0)