Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Allow relic weaponskills and additional effects with relic weapon in the offhand

The title says it all. With more and more powerful weapons being released it's seems silly to keep the relic in the main hand and a god-like weapon in the offhand.

Isn't it time to unleash our relics?
    (5)

Player
    Can't unlock ws's from the offhand just how the code works. There however is no excuse for the stats on the weapon, the additional effects on the weapon, and the double damage procs to just freaking disappear when offhanded. Relic weapons are terrible weapons only made good by those things.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The code works however it is programmed. They made weapons that unlock the relic weaponskill and don't give aftermath only after using 13 other weaponskills. If SE wants to unlock WSs from the offhand, they can do it.

The offhand limitations are dumb and should be totally eliminated.

To that end, I'd also recommend a few more adjustments:
    1) Allow us to carry multiple types of Aftermath simultaneously. - Mythic and Empyrean, Mythic and Relic, Relic and Empyrean, etc.
    2) Allow us to get aftermath on the RME whenever we use the WS, even if it's in the offhand
    3) Don't nerf the Relic/Mythic bonuses at all when they're offhanded. Make them all still apply.
    4) Let AM2 and AM3 overwrite themselves.

Logic:
    Dual wield jobs are not currently in any danger of overtaking 2H Heavy DDs. The minor DPS boost that these changes would afford to the small fraction of the community that could take advantage of them is not going to break the game. It's just going to make me coming Dancer to events instead of Warrior when someone asks for a DD slightly more palatable. Can all the gil and effort that I've dumped into the job at least buy me that?

Currently I use Terpsichore/Izhiikoh. If I used Izhiikoh/Terpsichore after the above adjustments, I'd get all the same stats and my main hand weapon during WS would get 6 more base damage. That's literally the only change. Not exactly game breaking.

If I switched to using Terpsichore/Twashtar and was in Voidwatch starting with 300 TP, I could use Pyrrhic Kleos -> Dusty Wng -> Rudra's Storm and activate both AM3s, giving me a minor DPS boost for a 1.5 minutes. That probably works out to being stronger than I currently can be, but a Warrior with Conqueror could use King's Justice and get OA2-3 on all his swings. Me getting OA2-3 on half my swings and double damage on the other half is a worse deal, costs me two activation WSs instead of one, and Empyrean AM3 lasts half as long as Mythic AM3.

I suspect that SE keeps the offhand limitations either because they haven't bothered thinking about them lately or because they feel that the benefits that would be gained by eliminating them are so minor and apply to such a small portion of the playerbase that they aren't worth doing.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    The code works however it is programmed. They made weapons that unlock the relic weaponskill and don't give aftermath only after using 13 other weaponskills. If SE wants to unlock WSs from the offhand, they can do it.
    [/I]
    They literally can't unlock ws's from offhand. The WS's you have are assigned based on what's in your main hand. (Or ranged weapon slot) It literally can't be changed unless they go back and change code from 2011, which they already admitted they cannot do because it was terribly written and held together by paper clips and gum. That's why we have item levels instead of higher actual levels. They literally didn't leave room in the code for a third digit on your level. (They should have leveled us up through an expanded merit system, or a higher sub job level, atma like buffs for new content, or basically anything else instead of item level, but what's done is done.)

It'd also require an entire overhaul of every piece of equipment, WS, job ability and job in the game, and they're just too lazy or cheap. Right now all the (good) WS's do roughly the same damage, with a bit of variation base don the abilities you apply to them. Ruinator, Exenterator, realmrazer, Blade Hi, all do about the same before outside buffs, even though the base damage of these weapons are massively different. If I could offhand a dagger and do Exenterator or eviseration with a hammer or axe, or something, it'd end up doing massively increased damage because my axe or hammer has 50-80 more base damage than the weapon the WS was designed for. When they didn't give the answer from my previous paragraph, they've given this one.
    (0)
    Last edited by Louispv; 05-20-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    The title says it all. With more and more powerful weapons being released it's seems silly to keep the relic in the main hand and a god-like weapon in the offhand.

Isn't it time to unleash our relics?
    Hate your name. D:

Other than that, 110% agree.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    They literally can't unlock ws's from offhand. The WS's you have are assigned based on what's in your main hand. (Or ranged weapon slot) It literally can't be changed unless they go back and change code from 2011, which they already admitted they cannot do because it was terribly written and held together by paper clips and gum. That's why we have item levels instead of higher actual levels. They literally didn't leave room in the code for a third digit on your level. (They should have leveled us up through an expanded merit system, or a higher sub job level, atma like buffs for new content, or basically anything else instead of item level, but what's done is done.)

It'd also require an entire overhaul of every piece of equipment, WS, job ability and job in the game, and they're just too lazy or cheap. Right now all the (good) WS's do roughly the same damage, with a bit of variation base don the abilities you apply to them. Ruinator, Exenterator, realmrazer, Blade Hi, all do about the same before outside buffs, even though the base damage of these weapons are massively different. If I could offhand a dagger and do Exenterator or eviseration with a hammer or axe, or something, it'd end up doing massively increased damage because my axe or hammer has 50-80 more base damage than the weapon the WS was designed for. When they didn't give the answer from my previous paragraph, they've given this one.
    Admittedly, this is a company too incompetent to fix a null pointer error for pets and a divide-by-zero error for fishing, but come on. It isn't impossible to make the relic/mythic/empyrean weaponskills (specifically) unlock from the offhand, so it's merely a matter of whether or not the juice is worth the squeeze.
    (0)