Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Think Mario Cart... Sabotenders to super flee and 10,000 needle the player in 1st, Goblin Mines for the players behind you and so on.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Excited on your response received to your lucky Duck of a PVP Chocobo Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Hopefully someday in the future after Adoulin is done they'll consider something like this.
    Cool that he replied to your thread and some of us aren't so lucky. Any more ideas for my chocobo thread? since I'm kinda stumped at the moment what else we can do with it until someone comes up with more idea's I can tune into to where I'm stumped :-P

I wish I knew how you could modify or change the name of your threads subject title, does anyone know if you could do this???
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 05-21-2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Just adding an additional question to end of post!
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Noxzema
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    A thought that I had when trust first came out, is they could combine chocobo raising and trust. So you get the trust for your chocobo instead of the whistle, and be able to call it whenever you need it like in 14. Would bring chocobo raising back to life, especially if we could use them in all outside zones.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Noxzema View Post
    A thought that I had when trust first came out, is they could combine chocobo raising and trust. So you get the trust for your chocobo instead of the whistle, and be able to call it whenever you need it like in 14. Would bring chocobo raising back to life, especially if we could use them in all outside zones.
    That's a good idea. Even if your Choco was bound to the same 5 minute recast timer as other Trusts it would be a huge step forward from the limitations of the current Chocobo whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Redryno View Post
    Think Mario Cart... Sabotenders to super flee and 10,000 needle the player in 1st, Goblin Mines for the players behind you and so on.
    Goblin bombs and mines where the first weapons I thought about too.

Also Mog attacks like the traditional washtub to the head or the Bill Toss attack from Kupenreich to stun and terrorize other players.

It would be fun.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 05-22-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Only problem with a FFXI mario kart, we all know people cheat. That would kill the event right there unfortunately. I'm sure that is why SE didn't make the original Chocobo Racing like that, even though it would be amazing if it were.
    (0)

Then again you can't design things around the few players that cheat. Yes it will happen, but a vast majority of the population will play normally, and those are the players that count.

Just make the activity fun and don't bring crazy rewards into the system and it will be fine.
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    PvP Chocobo Racing:

Why not start by organizing PvP Races across open areas in Vana for everyone to see.

For example:

Basic Race : Touch a series of checkpoints in order and in the shortest time possible to finish before your opponents.
    Number of players : 8-ish (Spots not filled by players will be filled with AI)
    Bonus Rewards : The more players participating in the race the better the rewards overall.

Note: In all races your next Checkpoint is tracked automatically on your compass in addition to having a very tall beam of light so it's easily visible by you. Also, going in a straight line to the next checkpoint may not be the best course of action, that is where knowledge of the area will come into play to choose the best route.

Enhanced Race : Coffers spawn randomly across the circuit that provide Sprint for a short time when touched, with a low chance of receiving Gravity instead.

Time Trial : Solo race against the clock on a randomized course that changes every RL day, better reward with lower time. Overall lowest time at the end of the day (JP midnight) wins a bonus reward sent to their Mog House by the MHMU.

Zone : Survival race, you constantly lose life and the loss rate increases as time passes. Touch checkpoints to regain life. Touch coffers that spawn and despawn randomly around the circuit to regain life. Blue coffers give the least life, Gold coffers give the most. After a player touches a coffer it opens up and disappears.

Last player standing wins.

Starter circuits
    (C class)

Konschtat Highlands
    Buburimu Peninsula
    La Theine Plateau

Intermediate Circuits (B Class)

Pashhow Marshlands
    Meriphataud Mountains
    Jugner Forest

Advanced Circuits
    (A Class)

Western Altepa Desert
    Yuhtunga Jungle
    Cape Teriggan

Special Circuits (S Class)

Purgonorgo Isle
    Uleguerand Range

PS > I know it's very unlikely to happen, but one can dream. d(^^d)
    PPS > If it sounds too WipeOut-ish is because I love that series. =P Specially the latest 2048 on the Vita.
    This right here is what Chocobo racing should have been from the beginning, not just some stupid cutscene that you had no control over.
    (2)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Calatilla View Post
    This right here is what Chocobo racing should have been from the beginning, not just some stupid cutscene that you had no control over.
    Just A heads up on how I have made more chocobo racing comments under my own thread and says the same thing or along the lines of what you have said Calatilla. Well there is a whole lot more I have said to it then what you have said Calatilla. Just stop by and let me know?

The name of the thread is under the section of my signature too if you do a search for it since I haven't figured out how you do a link to it like Raydeus did under my thread to get me here to see his subject thread of PVP Chocobo racing.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Just gonna drop my Chocobo Racing game thread link here... from 2011...

I like some of the suggestions in this thread too.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2