Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PvP Chocobo Racing

PvP Chocobo Racing:

Why not start by organizing PvP Races across open areas in Vana for everyone to see.

For example:

Basic Race : Touch a series of checkpoints in order and in the shortest time possible to finish before your opponents.
    Number of players : 8-ish (Spots not filled by players will be filled with AI)
    Bonus Rewards : The more players participating in the race the better the rewards overall.

Note: In all races your next Checkpoint is tracked automatically on your compass in addition to having a very tall beam of light so it's easily visible by you. Also, going in a straight line to the next checkpoint may not be the best course of action, that is where knowledge of the area will come into play to choose the best route.

Enhanced Race : Coffers spawn randomly across the circuit that provide Sprint for a short time when touched, with a low chance of receiving Gravity instead.

Time Trial : Solo race against the clock on a randomized course that changes every RL day, better reward with lower time. Overall lowest time at the end of the day (JP midnight) wins a bonus reward sent to their Mog House by the MHMU.

Zone : Survival race, you constantly lose life and the loss rate increases as time passes. Touch checkpoints to regain life. Touch coffers that spawn and despawn randomly around the circuit to regain life. Blue coffers give the least life, Gold coffers give the most. After a player touches a coffer it opens up and disappears.

Last player standing wins.

Starter circuits
    (C class)

Konschtat Highlands
    Buburimu Peninsula
    La Theine Plateau

Intermediate Circuits (B Class)

Pashhow Marshlands
    Meriphataud Mountains
    Jugner Forest

Advanced Circuits
    (A Class)

Western Altepa Desert
    Yuhtunga Jungle
    Cape Teriggan

Special Circuits (S Class)

Purgonorgo Isle
    Uleguerand Range

PS > I know it's very unlikely to happen, but one can dream. d(^^d)
    PPS > If it sounds too WipeOut-ish is because I love that series. =P Specially the lastest 2048 on the Vita.
    (4)

Character
    Wolfeater
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Can I get off Chocobo and attack my opponents?
    (2)
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    United States Postal Service Postmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Sayomi View Post
    Can I get off Chocobo and attack my opponents?
    Probably not, but maybe you could attack while still mounted in some modes like Zone. Not to do damage but to stun/push your opponent and prevent them from taking a healing chest.

I was also thinking about a Battle Race mode where touching a coffer would give you a random weapon/spell that you could use against others while on your Choco. But not sure if latency would allow it to work well.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    This would make getting the racing silks more wanted as long as they made it easier to get them too. I have always thought Zi'Tah would make a good place to race chocobos.
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Yeah, Just Commenting over thread!

Well I like what I see in this thread thus far..

How about racing in the sky area's such as ru'aun gardens and giving the chocobo's jumping abilities to leap across broken area's or spaced out sections as part of the racing challenges? Ro'Maeve is another place that comes to mind as a good round circuit area you could race in with your chocobo.

I know at one point SE/FFXI events team used to have a system in place where you could create your own personal events with other member's or was it only with other ls members but I do not know if that still system still exists or not?
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 05-17-2014 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Just thought of another area close by to include.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Yet Another idea that I wanted separated from my previous post!

Well I can totally bet SE would make a whole new game on FFXI chocobo racing alone along with the very few titles out on the past to do with the final fantasy story line of chocobo's. LOL
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 05-17-2014 at 08:58 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    Well I like what I see in this thread thus far..

How about racing in the sky area's such as ru'aun gardens and giving the chocobo's jumping abilities to leap across broken area's or spaced out sections as part of the racing challenges? Ro'Maeve is another place that comes to mind as a good round circuit area you could race in with your chocobo.

I know at one point SE/FFXI events team used to have a system in place where you could create your own personal events with other member's or was it only with other ls members but I do not know if that still system still exists or not?
    It would be great if you could race in Sky and have launch pads that you'd need to hit at the right angle to jump to the other side or something similar. Lots of fun seeing people miss the jump or getting hit before jumping and falling off the map. d(^^d)

About the story you could probably have a pretty good story the unfolds as you beat races and complete racing objectives. There could even be hidden events that you could unlock if you discovered hidden things in races.

Possibilities are endless, and since I'm thinking about pretty much reusing assets already in the game it shouldn't be too difficult to implement compared to other content.
    (1)

Character
    Aarahs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It'll never be SE sanctioned because people use speed hacks, just like the existing chocobo races can't be player controlled.
    (0)
    Salaheem's Sentinels routinely monitors the content of messages sent and received via its linkshell for the purposes of ensuring compliance with its policies and procedures. Employees must never send or store messages or attachments that acknowledge the return of the Black Coffin, or defame the name of Naja Salaheem or the Empress. Messages of this nature sent in or out of the Aht Urhgan linkshell may be intercepted and stopped by highly trained Immortals. If you have received this message by mistake, please advise the sender immediately and destroy this message.

Hello, everyone.

Thanks so much for the really fun sounding mini-game suggestion!
    Unfortunately at the moment the development team does not have any plans to implement something like this.

It would be great if we could utilize the current chocobo circuit data for this, but it would be difficult since it was not created with the idea that players would control the chocobos. Due to this we would have to create a new chocobo racing system from the ground up, and this would require quite a bit of time to accomplish.

As the development team is still prioritizing work for the addition of Adoulin content and job adjustments, they’d like to focus on these things first.
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Thanks for the reply.

Hopefully someday in the future after Adoulin is done they'll consider something like this.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast