Character
    Leylong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Why No Title Screen Music Selection...?

Okay, I finally have to post this and ask since they keep adding ways to customize the title screen (such as turning down the music, turning it off and now adjusting the background ratio).

Square Enix, you are forgetting something quite major...

Why are you not giving people a simple option to change the title screen opening music? Specifically, the version of the "Vana'Diel March." There have been a good many Vana'Diel marches made which change depending on the latest expansion you have, can we please have an option to choose which one we want to hear? I absolutely love and miss the Chains of Promethia version of the Vana'Diel March. Some might want the original Vana'Diel march to always play.

For those of you that don't know, the Vana'Diel March is the song on the title screen that people are now able to turn off in the new "title screen config". I'm just not sure why something so simple as changing the tune has not been implemented...
    (3)

Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think we may need a little clarification here.

When the game starts to display the Title Page (and probably also the character selection screen after the change made on this update), the ONLY time you initially start to hear the music titled "Vana'diel March" is if you have NOT installed or NOT registered ANY expansion later than "The Rise of the Zilart". If you have installed and registered the account you have logged in for any later expansion, the initial music is a piece of music associated with the latest expansion you have installed and registered. Those pieces of music have their own titles. For example, for Chains of Promathia, a piece called "Unity" will play.

If one of those other pieces of music starts to play, it goes for a little over 2 minutes and about one scene panning around a supposedly randomly selected area, although there's problem with that too. More about that below. It plays that initial piece of music once or twice in that time depending on the length of that music.

Once that time is up, that initial piece of music fades out, and the original "Vana'diel March" starts and keeps going indefinitely until you either get a character selected, or you back out of the title page.

So the clarification is whether you really mean the piece called "Vana'diel March", or do you perhaps mean the other pieces that play first on the Title page? Some may have a variation on the name "Vana'diel March", but others (such as the one for CoP) have a completely different name.

There is a problem when initially loading FFXI to the title page after selecting the "Play" button in the POL Viewer. It is my guess that on PC and Xbox 360 versions, a random number generation routine is started as it starts up to display the title page. But the start up of that routine is not so random. It starts in such a way that when it is used to select a scene to display, it ALWAYS ends up selecting North Gustaberg as the first scene when coming to the Title page from the POL Viewer on PC and Xbox 360. This does not happen when coming to the Title page using the "Logout" command while in control of your character on the game, or when you go back to the Title page from the character selection screen.

There are 7 other scenes of base areas that could be selected to be shown first on the title screen. There are also 11 other scenes that can be seen randomly after you have seen the first one. (3 for RotZ, 4 for CoP, and 4 for ToAU).
    (1)
    Last edited by Dsherman; 05-16-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Adventurer,

It would be nice indeed, and you're definitely not the first one to speak up about it (nor the last, probably). I have suggested the same myself once upon a time, but I believe it yielded no answers. I didn't even bother creating a topic about it (I believe I mentioned it within a related thread) as I didn't believe it would fly, and sure enough, I was right (for the time being, that is).

Perhaps now is the time fer this.

Dsherman,

Thanks for the clarification!

I was about to write something similar when I got back here from an earlier point in time. ^^
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Leylong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Yes, I'm sorry for any confusion.

I am indeed talking about the different pieces of Title Sceen Music, such as the Vana'Diel march and other's like "Unity". It all was dependent on which latest expansion you had installed. It would simply be nice to choose which track plays at the title screen.

I agree it would also be neat to be able to choose the scenes that play as well.
    (1)

Character
    Leylong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Wish I could have gotten an official response on this, seems like something terribly easy to implement that would be a very nice addition

Edit: Just saw this in another thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Wishing you could play the classic themes from Chains of Promathia or Aht Urhgan once again while on the title screen? We asked the development team if they could add an option to the configuration to change the BGM and they said they will be looking into it.
    Why didn't he say something here? ;_______;

I'm very happy about this though! YAY!
    (0)
    Last edited by Adventurer; 06-06-2014 at 12:39 AM.