Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Can We Get A Few Non-job Specific Item Level 119 Weapons Added To The Game?

Here's a list of jobs with decent skills in a weapon type (skill level 368 unmerited), but there is no weapon they can use, it would be nice if tags for these jobs would be added to these type of weapons or weapons added they could use.

Warrior- Scythe, Polearm, Club, Staff, marksmanship (crossbow)
    Monk- Club, Staff, (seriously no high level staff for mnks?)
    Thief- Archery, Marksmanship, (crossbow used to be a thf staple)
    Paladin- Club, Staff
    Dark Knight- Great Axe, Club, Marksmanship (crossbow)
    Ranger- Axe, Throwing
    Samurai- Sword, Polearm, Throwing
    Ninja- Great Katana, Marksmanship, Throwing, (really?)
    Dragoon- Staff
    Corsair- Sword, Throwing
    Puppet Master- Throwing
    Dancer- Throwing
    Beastmaster- Scythe

Axes that are both good for pet jobs and non pet jobs, IE add pet stats to an axe that has good player stats as well so bst doesn't take a hit by having a good axe equipped

And I don't know what Geomancer and Rune Fencer are skilled in, but I'm sure you left weapons out for them as well. These are all jobs that have C- or better skills in the weapon type listed, but there is no item level 119 weapon of that type they can use

Someone asked me to add Crossbows for drk and war I think to the list, it's not a B- or better skill, but, wth if you guys want weapons added to the list that your job has skills to use I'll make sure and update the list appropriately.
    (5)
    Last edited by predatory; 05-23-2014 at 06:04 AM.

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've been skilling staff skill on Monk with Eminent Staff, so I know for sure they get a high level weapon. If you missed that one, you might want to go back and check the Eminent set to see if you missed any others. FYI WAR can use it too.

EDIT: I know you said ilevel 119 but 117 is pretty close - certainly still worth considering.
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    I've been skilling staff skill on Monk with Eminent Staff, so I know for sure they get a high level weapon. If you missed that one, you might want to go back and check the Eminent set to see if you missed any others. FYI WAR can use it too.

EDIT: I know you said ilevel 119 but 117 is pretty close - certainly still worth considering.
    All they'd have to do is add a job tag to those 119s that jobs can use, I'm not really asking them to add anything new, (I know that's what the title says but bleh there's enough weapons out there already), I just would like a few of the 119s usuable by the jobs that can use them is all.

Let me give you one example, there are 9 item level 119 polearms, and they are all usuable by drg only. It would be nice if they took one of them and made it War/Sam/Drg, the way it stands if I want a polearm on my war the highest I can get is 109, sam goes 117, and drg goes 119 so that's 3 polearms for jobs with b- and above skills. I don't really want to have to carry 3 polearms when one would do nicely. I could see having a couple at most if one was a relic, but these weapons are all pretty generic
    (0)
    Last edited by predatory; 05-15-2014 at 04:34 AM.

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Ah ok I see what you're saying. I do agree with that- especially in the case of Polearm/Bow for SAM.
    And I made a mistake- WAR cannot use Eminent Staff. Only MNK and mages (except RDM)
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Why would you list PUP in there lol... SMN will melee with a staff more than a PUP will ever even equip a throwing weapon. Hell, even BLM would probably do it more.

You don't ever use throwing weapons on PUP because even if there were any good ones, there is no circumstance where it would be worth giving up your pet commands (Must have animator equipped, can't equip a throwing weapon with it). The automaton's performance (not to mention yours) will be hurt far more than you gain by throwing anything.
    (1)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Why would you list PUP in there lol... SMN will melee with a staff more than a PUP will ever even equip a throwing weapon. Hell, even BLM would probably do it more.

You don't ever use throwing weapons on PUP because even if there were any good ones, there is no circumstance where it would be worth giving up your pet commands (Must have animator equipped, can't equip a throwing weapon with it). The automaton's performance (not to mention yours) will be hurt far more than you gain by throwing anything.
    I wasn't picking and choosing which jobs should get weapons, if a person never uses a weapon then that's their choice, if they have the skill the option to use or not use should be totally up to the player. SE is the one that provided skills for jobs, I'm just saying add that job tag to a 119 weapon. It's not game breaking, it wouldn't take alot of time or effort to implement, if the skill is there a person should have the right to choose or not to choose a weapon that's all, but there are a few cases in the OP that are absolutely viable, war, and sam for instance, I just didn't want to seem all picky and choosy, especially with the balance problems SE already has in place.
    (0)
    Last edited by predatory; 05-15-2014 at 05:10 PM.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Has there ever been a throwing weapon though with pup on it? Can't think of one. I think SE just got lazy and maybe had a doh moment when they gave throwing skill to pup.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Has there ever been a throwing weapon though with pup on it? Can't think of one. I think SE just got lazy and maybe had a doh moment when they gave throwing skill to pup.
    There are, I made the comment just because there is no conceivable reason why you would unequip your animator to use one, because it would drastically lower your performance, whether you actually threw any or not.

Predatory, I know you werent picking and choosing, I'm just pointing out that most jobs can equip a throwing weapon with little or no detriment to their performance. PUP can not because of the animator (which people have complained about this fact in the past- the only "ammo" that works with the animator is automaton oil). So just pretend PUP has no throwing skill, because they can't equip one.

Also, as I mentioned before, Staff on SMN needs to be up there as well (though now that I look back again, I think you were only discussing alternative weapon types and not what they are already best with)
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-16-2014 at 12:51 AM.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    No there isn't any throwing weapon that has pup in it's tags. Only thing that has pup in its tags are non throwable ammo slots. All of the other ranged throwing a pup could use are things with all which don't really count.
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    There are, I made the comment just because there is no conceivable reason why you would unequip your animator to use one, because it would drastically lower your performance, whether you actually threw any or not.

Predatory, I know you werent picking and choosing, I'm just pointing out that most jobs can equip a throwing weapon with little or no detriment to their performance. PUP can not because of the animator (which people have complained about this fact in the past- the only "ammo" that works with the animator is automaton oil). So just pretend PUP has no throwing skill, because they can't equip one.

Also, as I mentioned before, Staff on SMN needs to be up there as well (though now that I look back again, I think you were only discussing alternative weapon types and not what they are already best with)
    Smn does have staves though, unless it was a mt and you meant sam.

I left anything with a D or below skill off, because well the list would be way too long for weapons that would be barely functional at best, I mean sure some of us do like to war/mnk sometimes with h2h weapons on to pound the living crap out of something, but with a D skill it's mostly for shits and giggles not as something to do everyday, that's what mnk and pup are for
    (0)
    Last edited by predatory; 05-16-2014 at 04:21 AM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast