is IT STIll NINJA or RDM?
    (0)

Character
    Aphugel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    U know the standard answer to nearly every question regarding FFXI? DEPENDS!
    Are u going to tank bc u are doing damage? Are u getting cured? Inside aby? If yes, how much refresh do u have? What def gear do you have and how much of it can u swap fast? AAAAAnd soooo on.....
    For pure DD, nin is and always has been pretty useless. For shadows to work, u need a very good eva setup that can be swapped in fast, and u need to keep ur fingers on the button, together with spamming spells non-stop this is hard to do for several hours.
    If you have at least 15 atma refresh, that gives u 19 of your own refresh, which is nearly enough to keep spamming spells non-stop. Do u really need convert? Or would you like to use 10 atma refresh and 2 damage atma and top those off by convert? Do you have the skill and the gear for good SS and Phalanx?
    Hope this gives u an idea of some of the questions that u need to ask urself to answer ur question for ur current situation.
    Cheers
    (0)

Character
    Matador
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    so the best SUB is RDM?
    (0)

IT IS /COR.
    (1)

Character
    Vivik
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I started going /rdm once I hit 90. I have not really needed to /nin for anything lately. Just really depends on what you're doing.
    (0)
    Vivik- Asura
    Do you know who you really are? Are you sure it’s really you?

I find /nin to be the best overall sub in Abyssea. Subtle blow, extra tier of dual wield, shadows for survivability. I tank a lot on my BLU and found the shadows to be extremely beneficial vs what I did on /rdm. Normally /rdm I would use occulation, start fight with SS and just try to keep occulation/cocoon up. This becomes prolbematic when facing mobs that like to spam aoes or one shots/crazy moves absorbed by shadows (dumb cruor reset by Bukhis).

If the mob doesn't do that, then /rdm is fine but occulation can become mp taxing if you aren't using a refresh atma. I rarely ever use MM anymore due to getting Almace and using CDC as my main source of dmg. If you are spell spamming then I would most likely lean towards /rdm than /nin. The survivability isn't extremely divided between the two unless specific situations so it comes down to less time buffing/casting and more DDing. /RDM also has added benefit of faster TE farming on BLU. Outside of Abyssea I am normally /rdm for fodder mobs and /nin for solo's/lowman such as limbus.
    (8)
    Last edited by Draylo; 03-30-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I like /DNC.

but only reason is I want to self na myself, extra cures when i need them and cure out of party.

gives acc trait, sc bonus that you do not have to set and hasta simba.

I did not know people used /rdm as DD for 90, what is the reason for that exactly? I can get MAB I with little points and convert is useless with milkin.

what do you like to sub knowing you have to AOE large group of mobs and will get hit by lots of mobs? I do not have atma yet to oneshot crap with charged wisker -.-
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I swap between /nin and /rdm as it really depends on what I'm doing. Even though it is not 100% reliable, Occulation is a wonderful spell and as /rdm with haste, and couple other choice pieces the recast is around 45 seconds. Additionally, /rdm makes setting up for Charged Whisker time farming easy to adjust spells for since you don't need to set any for mab/fast cast traits, and you won't have to set battery charge either since you'll have refresh. That right there frees up at least 12 blu set points for other spells to increase stats or set other traits.

With even decent gear choices you can easily reach the SS cap in Abyssea (seeing as /rdm gives 132 skill you will need a total of 136mnd), and with a little effort you can get the pieces that increase SS beyond cap also which puts diamonhide to shame by being cheaper mp cost and mitigating more damage. Aquaviel allows sleeping by use of Dream flower that much easier as well.

I find the lose of DW3 from /nin isn't that big considering we can get DW2 from traits. More inventory space since no tools to carry. Still have sneak/invis for when it is needed also. The other difference is slightly lower str/dex/vit/agi but it is only a 1~3 point difference. In most cases this is not enough of a difference to affect spell damage over all.

Standard DD via melee you'll see that you will require 1~2 strikes less to reach 100% as /rdm compared to /nin but at a 5% delay reduction loss. This is about the only point you will see any noticeable DD differences between the 2 subs. So for utility reasons /rdm wins over /nin, but if you aren't sporting some "mage gear" for nukes and such you probably won't get full benefit out of the sub.

While there are noticeable benifits to using /rdm over /nin it really just falls back on the playstyle of the player and if they have the various sets of gears that makes the utility of blu so versatile. Hope that answers your question a little.
    (2)

Character
    Aeonknight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    For mage based DD, /RDM.
    for melee based DD, /NIN.
    (1)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    /dnc box step does alot more than you think ..................
    (0)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast