Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Character
    Kenshyn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryozen View Post
    So your rationale is, "BLU/THF is better than everything, and no evidence you can present can convince me otherwise."?

Also, a parser has no interaction with the FFXI itself. FFXI generates logs which are saved in the /TEMP/ folder. A parser simply reads these logs and interprets the data. The logs are simple text files. If you're curious, you can open them and read them for yourself.

Oh, but would Notepad be a third party program and forbidden by the ToS then? Oh shit!
    Never said blu/thf is better than everything man reading comprehension must be impossible for people these days I said its better than other subs for blu for DD period when this started lol and any decent parser reads memory locations which is against the TOS.

If I post my logs you say I faked them or the other players are gimped pretty much see its no win......

It won't ever matter what I post or say aren't you the guy that says a blu couldn't do more than 500 damage >.> lmao....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryozen View Post
    BLU has always excelled at killing stuff that doesn't matter.

BLU struggles to keep up when DDing anything that requires anything more than basic attack values.

The Azure Lore change is pretty awesome, but when those same spells are doing 500 damage, it's not really going to matter.
    Man what a quote so far I posted on almost every mob that ppl care about today but it doesn't matter at all after reading rani and raja have zero defense is just beyond me lol....

Lastly prove my screen shots didn't come from a sweet digital camera or weren't mailed to me from a friend lol.

Yeah attempting to get someone to OUT themselves on a OFFICIAL forum is awesome lol
    heck I play on a ps2 or xbox lmao....
    Again.
    /thread
    (0)
    Last edited by kenshyn; 07-16-2011 at 10:58 PM.
    ....::: 90 Blue Mage :::.... (14) Level 90 Jobs Fully Capped Merits maybe another job to 90 lol
    90Sam/ 90War/ 90Dnc / 90DRK/ 90SMN/ 90PUP/ 90SCH/ 90BLM/ 90Thf/ 90Nin/ 90Rng/ 90drg/ 90Bst

Memory lane HOCD first Kirin kill took 4 Hours with spirits within spam lmao...
    Genbu [O] Suzaku [O] Seiryu [O] Byakko [O] Kirin [O] In Loving Memory of Kirin RIP 3/6/05

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    By "better than everything" I meant "better than any other sub." Sorry, I could've been much more clear on that.

And no, I said BLU physical spell damage has trouble keeping up on anything that requires decent attack values. Perhaps you should take another look at your 'reading comprehension' comment as well.

Blue Magic 'attack' is very difficult to boost. Anything with moderate DEF (read: anything that isn't a trash mob) will make the vast majority of BLU physical damage spells pretty fail due to this. Using CA/Efflux and/or forcing crit with Sneak Attack is a way to partially bypass this, but doing decent damage on one spell once a minute or every few minutes is hardly anything to brag about.

Melee attacks and WS will do much more damage on these, since normal attack values can be boosted with food/JAs/traits/rolls. As an Almace-holder, you really should learn when you need to be relying on CDC and riding the aftermath rather than spamming JAs and spells.

If you're only killing one mob and spending a good portion of the minute with your hands in your pockets, then /THF makes pretty numbers. In any other situation, /THF will fall behind.

Edit: I have no interest in exposing you as a ToS-ignorer on the Official Forum. You post in other places as well, and seem to have no interest in hiding the truth there when it comes to asking for help with third-party programs. It's pretty silly to play such games.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ryozen; 07-17-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Character
    Kenshyn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    /facepalm Why would anyone on blu/thf not be using other spells or not engage the mob at all that's just silly to not engage and fight again it wouldn't prove anything to the closed minded they come up with more out they ass reasons to try to disprove anything I could provide.

Its pointless and simple math really if I hit for 6k on average once a minute or two ask yourself a simple question are you? You state blue attack well point me to a mob I can't hit hard with blu magic that any other physical damage job can.

lol again...
    /thread
    (0)
    Last edited by kenshyn; 07-17-2011 at 01:11 AM.
    ....::: 90 Blue Mage :::.... (14) Level 90 Jobs Fully Capped Merits maybe another job to 90 lol
    90Sam/ 90War/ 90Dnc / 90DRK/ 90SMN/ 90PUP/ 90SCH/ 90BLM/ 90Thf/ 90Nin/ 90Rng/ 90drg/ 90Bst

Memory lane HOCD first Kirin kill took 4 Hours with spirits within spam lmao...
    Genbu [O] Suzaku [O] Seiryu [O] Byakko [O] Kirin [O] In Loving Memory of Kirin RIP 3/6/05

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    You're fucking kidding me, right? I'm not saying you're standing disengaged while everyone else is attacking, I'm saying the mob is dead.

Every time you cast a spell or use a job ability, there's a minimum one second delay before any other job ability/WS/spell, and a two second delay before auto-attack resumes. Every time you use a spell or JA, you're losing melee swings, the potential ODD procs from aftermath, and the TP you would have gained toward your next CDC.

On a higher-defense mob (Orthrus for example), BLU physical spells suffer from a lack of blue magic 'attack', causing low spell damage. Physical melee and WS, however, can be boosted significantly with physical attack and critical hit rate/damage bonuses from various sources, e.g., Berserk, Last Resort, Impetus, Blood Rage, COR rolls, and food. Red Curry Buns give ATT+150, which is a significant boost, and it's one of the few ways (along with Stalwart's Tonic) that a BLU can boost its own physical attack without wasting time casting.

If you are /THF, you're losing at least 10% Dual Wield, which equates to fewer melee swings, and fewer ODD procs. If you are trying to compensate with spamming even more spells apart from your SA+BT, you're losing even more damage due to the low return on physical spells against high-def targets and the pause afterward.

If you are getting no outside buffs, or are too cheap to use food, or if your NIN is less than lv45, then use /THF by all means. If you've got dual marches, RCBs, Stalwart's active, there's no way that /THF will come even close to /NIN. Casting physical spells will limit you even more.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    /THF was useful on Kirin and kited fights. It no longer has a place in the game with the advent of current spells and CDC.

/thread
    (0)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshyn View Post
    /facepalm it wont matter basically no matter what I write post if rani and raja are jokes with paper defenses (maybe on brew) no matter what I parse would be said to be a joke any idiot with half a brain can win a parse if he knows what the hell he is doing with most any job.

If your blu is that weak I am sorry to hear that sub whm and be a healer cause if you play with blus capped skill and top gear you realize what the job can do and its pretty clear you have no idea the potential of this wonderful job. Once your blu skill can hit 421 and you have 5/5 af3+2 a emp weapon and carry more gear than you can shake a stick at you will know the truth lol. Wait I need to parse or it didn't happen to funny guess I fixed screen shots of other people posted on the net as well >.> god this class has one problem for sure the idiots that have no idea how to play it....

My wars 90 pretty damn pimp and working toward my emp weapon funny it was pimp before SE decided to gift us with drops like candy I compare my war with any on the net non emp users. Cause simply I had the job as main since 2003 >.> and know exactly how hard it hits and what it can do no question top tier DD but a great blu aint bad aint bad at all.....

I Pretty much enjoy pushing any job to its limit its what's really fun to me except thf its for my farming lol....

I really love the changes in the game except one so many race to 90 in abyssea and just are clueless about the job and many just will never learn what the job can do. Blu by far is more than just a pretty procing yellow job.

Can't wait for the update HNM spells and new job traits all I can say is sweeeeeeeet.....

/thread
    The war is trash if you blu is out doing it. Hell even alla shot you down go post it on BG sure they need a laugh. Fraps is a third party tool as well but geuss what its not breaking. Nothing in abyssa and I mean nothing is hard for blu to do damage to but other jobs will do more.
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    NOT to add fuel to the fire...but, many of a blue Mage "elemental" spells(and physical ones for that matter) offer amazingly potent, multi-debuffs(though slow and mp expensive). I think, most debuff rely on a high mind, while damage relies on high INT.

Not being an expert Bluemage, I think I have a general understanding(at least in my mind) that in order to get the most out of physical spells you need to pick a melee sub job and to get the most out of blue elemental you need to equip a Mage sub job.
    That being said, a straight melee attack(/nin) is probably best for physical spells. While magic casting(/RDM) is best for elemental ones. However, no sub job offers a balance of strength to both sides of casting. Why not /THF? Every 1 min you could SA and TA one of the crazy physical spells such as goblin rush or death strike(two strongest I have so far). This would increase you damage over a ninja dual wield trait...I THINK. Does SATA work with AOE physical spells?
    Interestingly enough, while staves offer increased MACC and MaB, is a 2handed stave better than 2 clubs say mythic for a total of +16 int AND MND? With dual wield trait(spell set) a RDM spamming "nukes" or debuffs or even /sch with use of /JA...parsimony?(whichever is decrease casting and recasting).
    Not to mention that clubs give use access to (1) of 2, lvl 3 solo skill chains...namely, Light. With the other, Dark needed acces to mythic weapon.

As far as /dancer this one weird to me. Steps for defense down? Why can't you use corrosive ooze, enervation or other spells just once to get effect? As far as TP concerns... There various traits and gear that can quickly fill TP bar. Without the need to be constantly "stepp'n". Heck, even /dark with Absorb TP seems like a better option and having Souleater would be the clincher.
    Though, I'm not knocking you...I'm all for versatility and enjoying oneself.
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I use various SJ for fun as /nin can be boring sometimes (but still my main SJ of course). /THF is fun as hell for seal NM's or other situations where you don't want a bunch of melee feeding the mobs TP. I personally use SACA + VD since I already have DEX builds for CDC and CW. I was popping 6-7.5k on glav, but /thf is situational at best but very fun.

I /mnk as well and it's a damn good tank with CS up and occult, you'll be surprised at how well this combo works. While Dodge is welcome, it's not ground breaking, boost + CDC is pretty cool as well.

I /dnc when solo'ing various NM's (very solid), only prob is limited red procs and no TH, so you'll be doing rinse and repeat fights if your item is a low drop rate.

I tend to use /rdm alot, even for lowmanned events like limbus, outside of CW farming, /rdm offers a lot of stability and complimentary spells, traits, abilities, etc. for blu.

Bottom line is we have various SJ, while /nin is the most solid choice, it's great to take advantage of some other choices, rather it's for a change of pace or just for fun.
    (0)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    I take /THF to seal runs now. Anything else I'm practically /WAR or /NIN depending on what we're fighting. /DNC solo.
    (0)

Player
    You have a lot of faith in PUG. If I don't know you, I'm subbing Nin. Sure, Seal Nms should die quickly - key operative being should - but with some PUG I've seen I don't take chances anymore. Thankfully, I'm nearly done seals for jobs I leveled so I don't even bother and just wait until I can ask friends to lowman it.
    (0)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12