Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    i seen charged whisker burns going and make me cry i wish i could figure out what atmas and set ups it is exactly.

I stacked MAB gear what i had at least / rdm put all mab spells and enhancing spells in and cant do 5-6k /mob kills which i have seen done on many times on multiple mobs ... crabs in misereaux, fish in vunkrel, chigoes in attowha all grabbing groups of 10-20 mobs a shot and one shotting the whole lot... its mainly a solo upto maybe a trio farm but i still havent been able to perfect it i know to use tonic burst affinity etc... but i seem to be missing something any of these killer blu's wish to share in forums or PM i would appreciate it
    (0)

Character
    Yawaru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuro View Post
    The reason why nobody talks about /WHM or /SCH anymore though is because there is no longer a reason to sub it. The reason why people did /WHM was because it was a great mage job, and you didn't g et any good benefits from /RDM, then /SCH hit, and it was teh only way to get MP returns, also you had a wider list of spells. Now that /RDM can Convert and Refresh, as well as do much of what /SCH can, there really just isn't a point in subbing it anymore. I was a big advocate for BLU/SCH back when the cap was 75. I even wrote the guide for BLU/SCH in a Divine Manafest fight, but ya with the emergence of /RDM, not a point anymore. I still say /NIN is extremely viable since idk about others but I'm always getting hate on my BLU, so damage mitigation is always a positive, and while Occultation is a good way to tank as well, its still not 100% (Waita Fail SE!). If BLU had better DEF, like on par with a WAR or something, I would totally get behind BLU and a Genbu Shield. Yet I haven't been able to play with Phalanx much so I'll have to check that out sometime.

On a final note, the reason why I say reverse Flourish matters, even if it gives back 60 TP and consumes 50TP; its worth if to the reason people use Chain Affinity. When you use CA, consumes all your TP, and as a DNC if your fighting an NM that hits you hard as hell, your low on MP and you just used CA; Reverse Flourish is going to save your ass. Really its just a saftey button move to help keep us alive. Thats why I fully support Reverse Flourish, and of course, why not use it if you are (or that you should be) accumulating finishing moves by using Box step
    Yeah I meant to remove SCH since there's no reason to use it anymore, but WHM is still very viable. If they remove the restriction of party only for Magic Fruit/P Embrace and make Winds of Promy remove Para/Blind/Poison/etc then there would be no reason to sub WHM anymore. And as far as BLU not having the same DEF as WAR, you get more DEF on BLU dude. Cocoon is 50% DEF boost, Defender is only 25%. Armor wise Ravager +1 set is 208 total def Mavi +1 is 178 total def so it's not like armor makes that much difference, plus cocoon has no negative effects. And the fact you can use a shield on BLU without much detriment and WAR is screwed out of its main weapon, plus being able to cure itself, BLU is a bit better off than most DDs.
    (0)

Wait.... seriously? Dude I don't care what JA delay there is since steps are on their seperate recast, it takes down defense, and if your not using this.... your a f*ckin idiot. How the hell else are you going to reverse flourish if your don't have finishing moves from steps? (And no, you don't need Reverse Flourish Merts to use the ability well. getting back roughly 75% TP with a JA is great no matter what) I mean really? Why would you even sub DNC if your not going to Reverse Flourish or use Steps.... Hell the two are synonymous with each other anymore. Please, if your playing BLU/DNC.... Don't do it anymore, for all of us BLUs out there.
    By "Job Ability Delay" he means that, After initiating a Job ability, any ability, there is a 2 Second Delay between when that JA, or WS goes off, before you can attack again. He's saying that it takes away from your DPS.

When you're a DNC and attacking every ~1.9 seconds, using a Step can take away up to ~800 Damage away from your Melee phase (assuming 4~6 hits being lucky with DA/TA). He's not saying that you should never Use them. His argument is valid though. You should not result to name calling.

Final Thought. I won't deny Reverse Flourish is a neat Ability, 60tp for 5 Steps (though in reality that's more than 10 seconds of Attacks your missing, on a quick DD like THF or DNC, thats probably more than 60tp).

that and Box Step is -5%DEF!, and 2% more with each level, for a total of 13% Defense Down. It can be useful for NMs I would imagine because you can keep the -13% on over time, but on mobs that die in ~10 Seconds it might not do as much as you hope, especially if you only get 1 Step off, 5% Defense down will make a difference, but it might not make up for the Attack rounds you lose due to the universal Ability Delay.(2 seconds).

I don't deny the usefulness, I'm just saying you shouldn't be so quick to insult someone based on their opinion, when their Opinion does hold merit, at least for some jobs. You might be right for BLU, but it still no reason to insult so heavily.
    (4)

Player
    /rdm- mage-like spells, tanking something where shadows kinda suck, tanking something that attacks soft/fast, good for if MP is a problem and you want convert ready- o............ FAST CAST IS AMAZING

/nin- Utsusemi... thats about all. Dual wield from blu alone is easy to reach, but if you're meleeing for damage /nin helps a little. Eva set + /nin can just completely make some NMs not hit you at all, certainly as we get higher and higher level.
    (0)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    lol I can be an ass in what I say, but I suppose I could of phrased my words nicer. Yet still why would you even sub DNC if your not even going to use steps or reverse flourish? Thats just straight up pointless. I can understand your reasoning for perhaps not doing it, but even so, that would matter more if BLU's main source of DPS was sword (Much as DNC main DPS is dagger).... its not. Sword supplements your magic casting more so then the other way around, your primary damage is going to come from your magic. Thats why really sword DPS isn't a great deal because really..... what damage are you really contributing with your sword? I mean no doubt you shouldn't shun the weapon and neglect getting up to date weapons and such. Yet really any BLU knows that your magic comes first, then sword. And getting them to work together is what makes you golden. Also if your really worried about that 1-2 swings, you can head butt the thing and get in your step.
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Character
    Leairc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well, generally speaking:

/WAR is best for aby-xping because nothing lives long enough to really worry about your MP pool or tank. MM (sub-out SS if you'd just pot your MP back or have a RDM refresh2 you), VV, RR, Berserk, Aggressor, Warcry, SB->GR->Light->TP -> dead..... most doesn't usually live after Light though. However, if you spam CDC + Physical spell, pretty much nothing is going to live either, so your shadows are kinda pointless.

If something does live long enough, Proc5 + Defender + tank food + Cocoon + an atma = 999 defense. If you get the mob debuffed correctly, you're looking at damage from its in the 30-70's, unless its a critical.... and you're still DW'ing.... Poor PLD's..

/NIN perfect, situationally, for something that likes to use MightStrikes as its 2hour or has it on indefinitely during a battle. However, our evasion is lackluster and blink tanking really is not our forte versus anything a NIN, THF, or DNC can tank with ease. With the advent of DW2 available to us by spellset, /NIN has kind of lost it's usefulness; unless you're more on the Haste set-up spam WS+PhysBluMg, but I'd rather have Berserk over that though.

/DNC is PERFECT for soloing outside Aby and looking for spells. .... and that's about it. Unless you're in a linkshell and just there to proc BLU magic on NMs. Then you can Plenilune + Healing Waltz..... and erases your bordemn.

/SAM ...... backwards skill chaining. I haven't tried this and it seems kinda pointless to do so.

/RDM is about as good as it gets if all you want to do is spam Blu physical magic. Otherwise, the WAR or NIN trumps this one for self-skill chaining or busting out CDC's.
    (0)
    I KAST THA SPELZ THAT MAYK THE BAD MANZ FALL DOWN.

The reason why nobody talks about /WHM or /SCH anymore though is because there is no longer a reason to sub it.
    /whm and /sch both add status removal spells which no other job can do. /sch also adds a ton of healing skill which (no clue why square-enix did it that way) enhances the potency of magic fruit, and whm is currently the only sub that allows you to haste party members.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kageshinhiryu View Post
    Well, generally speaking:

/WAR is best for aby-xping because nothing lives long enough to really worry about your MP pool or tank. MM (sub-out SS if you'd just pot your MP back or have a RDM refresh2 you), VV, RR, Berserk, Aggressor, Warcry, SB->GR->Light->TP -> dead..... most doesn't usually live after Light though. However, if you spam CDC + Physical spell, pretty much nothing is going to live either, so your shadows are kinda pointless.

If something does live long enough, Proc5 + Defender + tank food + Cocoon + an atma = 999 defense. If you get the mob debuffed correctly, you're looking at damage from its in the 30-70's, unless its a critical.... and you're still DW'ing.... Poor PLD's..

/NIN perfect, situationally, for something that likes to use MightStrikes as its 2hour or has it on indefinitely during a battle. However, our evasion is lackluster and blink tanking really is not our forte versus anything a NIN, THF, or DNC can tank with ease. With the advent of DW2 available to us by spellset, /NIN has kind of lost it's usefulness; unless you're more on the Haste set-up spam WS+PhysBluMg, but I'd rather have Berserk over that though.

/DNC is PERFECT for soloing outside Aby and looking for spells. .... and that's about it. Unless you're in a linkshell and just there to proc BLU magic on NMs. Then you can Plenilune + Healing Waltz..... and erases your bordemn.

/SAM ...... backwards skill chaining. I haven't tried this and it seems kinda pointless to do so.

/RDM is about as good as it gets if all you want to do is spam Blu physical magic. Otherwise, the WAR or NIN trumps this one for self-skill chaining or busting out CDC's.
    you know i never really thought about subbing war on blu because i have double attack and attack bonus set in my spells consuming little to no extra blue magic points. i totally forgot about berserk, agressor, and warcry. i just use dnc and nin so much because dual wield II is so expensive to set.
    (0)

Character
    Defiledsickness
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I sub dnc all the time. Solo'd my feet seals and it's great for LS farming because you have an easy erase and can heal other parties. /dnc gives you evasion bonus and gnarled horn atma is enough to eva-tank low acc nms. I never sub it outside abyssea with blu because outside you need Nin. Inside abyssea tho, most nm's will tear away your shadows (although when shadow tanking is viable, you can really do great pairing it with Occultation)

I never /rdm unless im doing trials outside of abyssea. Spam whirl of rage, benthic typhoon and blood drain. then convert every 50mobs or so.

I do like the Magical spells (whisker is really nice), but until i get another atma to pair with Beyond i wont be subbing rdm for much. If you're only triggering then /dnc and use a regain atma. Otherwise Nin is still the main deal. And sch is still good isnt it? Im pretty sure healing magic skill effects blu healing spells. And dark magic skill effects drains. Could be wrong but /sch always seemed to work a ton better then /blm.
    (0)

Character
    Minela
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Here's why steps are useful for dancer and not so much for anyone else: DNC main gets 2 moves per step, 3 with presto. Thus, with merits, they put in 20 tp and get out 75. As a subjob, you get 1 step, so you have to put in 50 to get 60, not worth it.
    (0)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast