Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jar View Post
    /dnc box step does alot more than you think ..................
    Not sure if serious.

It does less than you think because of JA delay. Steps are almost not worth using by dnc mains, much less /dnc who doesn't benefit from reverse flourish merits.
    (0)

Character
    Aphugel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    For soloing on Blu to get lights and fast kills in Aby, Blu/rdm is unbeatable. If you know what you are doing, u can take down 30 mob in 30-40 sec, max AoE damage 50k/spell. Beat that, blm....
    (0)

Character
    Ackman
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    can you be more specific aphugel ? i am a little surprise about what you are saying

which atma are you using ? and which spell ?
    (0)

i like to sub dnc if i don't need utsusemi, ninja if i do, and whm for backline healing (which doesn't happen a lot). i almost never attempt to DD with magical dmg.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackman View Post
    can you be more specific aphugel ? i am a little surprise about what you are saying

He's being economical with the truth. BLU/RDM using a specialized atma setup, self buffs and poping JA's can do a 2~6K Charged Whisker aoe attack. Its cool to look at and useful for solo work but ultimately limited in group settings. I find WoR to be more useful when aoe spamming mobs as I'm usually with a WAR or two and I can keep my DD atmas on and I won't lose TP between casts.
    (0)

Character
    Aphugel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackman View Post

Atmas: MM, Stronghold, Apoc (the last two are for staying alive and RR,, just in case)

Load all physical AoE spells, 2 AoE sleep, Frightful roar.

SS, Phalanx, Ice spikes, Haste, Refresh, Cocoon.

Pull about 20 mandies in Altepa (flux6)

run to safe place, frypan, AoE sleep, SS and cocoon again.

Frightful roar, Charged Whisker, 2 hr, Efflux, Whirl of rage.... by now they should be at below 50%.

Spam all AoE spells until dead, frypan and sleep again if needed.

Whirl of rage can do 2000-2500 each.

I keep TP for Sanguine Blade, as uninteruptable cure. Life-saver!

Don't try this unless u got proper gear, got gear properly macroed, and are prepared to die a few times til u got it.

Have fun!
    (1)
    Last edited by Aphugel; 04-15-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Character
    Aphugel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    He's being economical with the truth. BLU/RDM using a specialized atma setup, self buffs and poping JA's can do a 2~6K Charged Whisker aoe attack. Its cool to look at and useful for solo work but ultimately limited in group settings. I find WoR to be more useful when aoe spamming mobs as I'm usually with a WAR or two and I can keep my DD atmas on and I won't lose TP between casts.
    Ideal group for this: Rdm with Phalanx II, Blm, Blu. They won't know what hit them.

Same can be done with a few other mob around aby, though mandies work best.
    (0)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Not sure if serious.

It does less than you think because of JA delay. Steps are almost not worth using by dnc mains, much less /dnc who doesn't benefit from reverse flourish merits.
    Wait.... seriously? Dude I don't care what JA delay there is since steps are on their seperate recast, it takes down defense, and if your not using this.... your a f*ckin idiot. How the hell else are you going to reverse flourish if your don't have finishing moves from steps? (And no, you don't need Reverse Flourish Merts to use the ability well. getting back roughly 75% TP with a JA is great no matter what) I mean really? Why would you even sub DNC if your not going to Reverse Flourish or use Steps.... Hell the two are synonymous with each other anymore. Please, if your playing BLU/DNC.... Don't do it anymore, for all of us BLUs out there.

Yes I would have to agree with the previous post, Box Step does more then one thinks, even at sub level. Steps, Reverse Flourish and Waltz are a saving grace for BLU, and I've even been able to go back and solo Lance Lord Gaheel Ja on BLU/DNC with no items or food. Its been fantastic. BLU/DNC I would say is competitive in utility when it comes to soloing next to /NIN. Depending really on the mob respectively.
    (2)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Character
    Yawaru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Getting a bit militant with the step talk lol. But yeah you can reverse flourish on /DNC, it would take 5 steps to get 5 Finishing Moves since you only get 1 per step for sub, which will in turn give you 60 TP back. So yeah, you spend 50 TP to get 60 TP, IF you don't miss, so it really isn't that great. On the other hand if you're dumping spare TP on a step, like you get 110 TP and use a step before a WS, then yeah you're conserving TP more efficiently, but it's pointless, and possibly counterproductive, to use steps to gain TP faster /DNC. But like Scuro said, - DEF is - DEF. If you think Steps are pointless on DNC main though you're not a good DNC, but that's for another forum.

As far as subs go, it's situational, no need to beat a dead horse, but I'm surprised no one said much about SCH and WHM subs. In general I prefer RDM for Fast Cast and such, but being able to Cure IV and cast NA spells is good for alliance support, not to mention healing magic skill does effect Fruit and Embrace. Also good for soloing when you know you're gonna fight something that can paralyze you. I don't think /NIN is that great anymore unless it'll keep you from getting 1-shotted, for tanking I'd rather rely on PDT Sword/Genbu's and Phalanx with RDM sub. I mean if you're in a situation where you'd want /NIN to tank on BLU, you probably don't want a BLU to tank
    (0)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yawaru View Post
    As far as subs go, it's situational, no need to beat a dead horse, but I'm surprised no one said much about SCH and WHM subs. In general I prefer RDM for Fast Cast and such, but being able to Cure IV and cast NA spells is good for alliance support, not to mention healing magic skill does effect Fruit and Embrace. Also good for soloing when you know you're gonna fight something that can paralyze you. I don't think /NIN is that great anymore unless it'll keep you from getting 1-shotted, for tanking I'd rather rely on PDT Sword/Genbu's and Phalanx with RDM sub. I mean if you're in a situation where you'd want /NIN to tank on BLU, you probably don't want a BLU to tank
    The reason why nobody talks about /WHM or /SCH anymore though is because there is no longer a reason to sub it. The reason why people did /WHM was because it was a great mage job, and you didn't g et any good benefits from /RDM, then /SCH hit, and it was teh only way to get MP returns, also you had a wider list of spells. Now that /RDM can Convert and Refresh, as well as do much of what /SCH can, there really just isn't a point in subbing it anymore. I was a big advocate for BLU/SCH back when the cap was 75. I even wrote the guide for BLU/SCH in a Divine Manafest fight, but ya with the emergence of /RDM, not a point anymore. I still say /NIN is extremely viable since idk about others but I'm always getting hate on my BLU, so damage mitigation is always a positive, and while Occultation is a good way to tank as well, its still not 100% (Waita Fail SE!). If BLU had better DEF, like on par with a WAR or something, I would totally get behind BLU and a Genbu Shield. Yet I haven't been able to play with Phalanx much so I'll have to check that out sometime.

On a final note, the reason why I say reverse Flourish matters, even if it gives back 60 TP and consumes 50TP; its worth if to the reason people use Chain Affinity. When you use CA, consumes all your TP, and as a DNC if your fighting an NM that hits you hard as hell, your low on MP and you just used CA; Reverse Flourish is going to save your ass. Really its just a saftey button move to help keep us alive. Thats why I fully support Reverse Flourish, and of course, why not use it if you are (or that you should be) accumulating finishing moves by using Box step
    (2)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast