Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Future Weapon Skill Adjustments

Hello, everyone!

It’s been quite a while since Matsui mentioned about revamps to elemental weapon skills and I just wanted to make a follow-up post and mention that the development team is looking into adjustments not only for elemental weapon skills, but weapon skills as a whole.

With a few exceptions, we have been seeing that in high-level battles that there is a trend of only using powerful weapon skills such as those learned through merit points. Due to this we would like to increase the power and stat modifiers for all weapon skills, including relic, mythic, and empyrean, in order to expand the number of choices during battle.

We will be performing the adjustments to elemental weapon skills at the same time as the aforementioned adjustment, and once I have further details to share I will make another follow-up.
    (Please also note that these adjustments will not be nerfing any existing weapon skills, so please don’t worry )
    (26)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Hi Again Camate!!!

I have a brilliant suggestion for modifying the elemental weaponskills. I have one specific weaponskill in mind, actually; Cloudspillter. :-D
    It would be nice if Cloudsplitter were made strong enough to split things other than clouds. How about adding magic damage to the 119 Farsha, and to give Beastmaster a nudge towards participating in end-game activity, give beastmaster more magic damage gear.

Thanks so much Camate! You're swell.

Sincerely,

A humble Beastmaster
    (1)

Well, if we are talking about real, meaningful changes to weapon skills then the obvious 1st item on the list should be renaming "Chant du Cygne" to "Chant du Zorro".

Everything else is secondary.
    (0)

Player
    Blade: Hi is already nice; gonna be even sweeter now I suppose^^ Good news.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    With a few exceptions, we have been seeing that in high-level battles that there is a trend of only using powerful weapon skills
    Am I understanding this correctly?

The development team is shocked that people don't use weaker weaponskils?

Why would I choose to do a WS that does 500 damage when I have one that does 5000?
    (8)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I want to see scourge actually make it to the show please and hook coronach up on damage side while we at it as well. Thanks!!!!!
    (1)
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.playonline.com/ff11/11th/banner.js?size=s&l=us"></script>

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Genoxd View Post
    Am I understanding this correctly?

The development team is shocked that people don't use weaker weaponskils?

Why would I choose to do a WS that does 500 damage when I have one that does 5000?
    I caught this also, made me LOL.
    (2)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Also can melees get a apology for having mods like Modifiers: MND:40% ; CHR:40% really come on now your just trolling us..........
    (6)
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.playonline.com/ff11/11th/banner.js?size=s&l=us"></script>

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As was already expressed in the "Broken/useless BLU Magic" thread, every WS should have a point. How can the devs be so surprised that our battles turn out really shallow and we only use whatever WS does the most damage when they purposely make only 1 or 2 even remotely worth using in the first place?

Again, the solution is to adjust WS and give them different effects so that there's situations where I'd say, for example, "Oh, I'm fighting undead with a sword. I'll go with Seraph Blade. It does the most damage to undead. Hmm, but Shining Blade, while not QUITE as powerful, gives me a short Holy Circle effect after using it so I may want to use that to play more defensibly." etc, etc. As it stands now, TP (Tactical Points) is just a misnomer because there's nothing tactical about spamming the same thing over and over regardless of what happens throughout the flow of battle or what opponent you're facing. The devs should know there's something wrong with WS when they see us use nothing but Fast Blade until we learn Vorpal Blade.
    (5)
    Last edited by Mefuki; 05-13-2014 at 12:27 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    (Please also note that these adjustments will not be nerfing any existing weapon skills, so please don’t worry )
    Yowza! I love the disclosure. If the developers start assuring us that certain things won't be nerfed, you'll save us a lot of stress (for example, instead of saying something will be / has been "adjusted," let us know whether it's been improved or nerfed; this update is a step in the right direction).

Could you give extra-special attention to some severely underpowered weapon skills such as Camlann's Torment?
    (5)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast