Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Agreed. It makes sense for different WS to have different effects associated to them and not being restricted to just stronger basic physical stats and the oftentimes very puzzling TP modifiers. As long as they scale well as players increase in levels we should be finally able to viably use a more varied repertoire of tools.

One of the things I'd like the most is if actually Weapon Skill affected weapon skills in a much more meaningful than just the att and acc stats.

Edit >
    As a RDM one of the things I'd always wished existed is having elemental weapon skills that lowered elemental resistance to the opposite element the way ninjutsu and Ancient magic do. Say I use Burning Blade on a mob, and it lowered their resistance to water depending on Sword skill level.

So maybe at the highest level it would double my Enwater damage for a short time (10 seconds maybe?)

And things like that.
    (1)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 05-13-2014 at 07:07 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    There is great potential in adjusting weaponskills, but people will still only use the strongest or most useful one in any given situation. You need to just make it so those WSs change. For instance, give viable WSs with attack multipliers to each weapon. Status effect WSs should actually land on relevant content. Make a non-crit WS that is good with high buffs. Make a crit WS that is good in situations where you can get a good crit rate. Make a good elemental WS. Make a high FTP first hit ws for sneak attack. Etc etc.
    (8)

Player
    Changing Geirskogul from AGI to STR would make it as good as Tachi Fudo is for Gungnir DRG. Make it happen please!
    (1)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Will the adjustments apply to fellows and alter egos?
    (0)

Player
    Making each WS relevant is a tall order but I think it would be amazing. Rather than every WS be more or less an upgrade of its predecessor(upgrades can still exist i.e Sturmwind ->Upheaval or Thunder Thrust->Raiden Thrust) however. But making Shield Break give a potent 50-60 eva down for 60 seconds, buffing Flat Blade to be as potent of a stun as Leg Sweep, Weapon Skills that ignore defense like Camlann's Torment ought to have a huge attack bonus as well(as weapon skills with large attack bonuses simply 'pierce defense' more than weapon skills that use TP to pierce defense. Eliminate attack and accuracy penalties on weapon skills unless the weapon skill is extremely potent.

Adjust the DMG rating of elemental WS and have their DMG based on a function of Skill Level. So say a Cloudsplitter's damage instead of being based on only DEX/MAB, adds a large amount of MDMG from Axe Skill. That way instead of Cloudsplitter dealing 400-500 damage, it can deal comparable Thunder damage to a Thunder V spell.
    (2)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 05-13-2014 at 11:57 AM.

Character
    Komby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    players already can use empyrean weapon skill via WoE quest, they can use mythic weapon skill too, may you guys let us use Relic weapons skill with diferent weapons please, they are oldest REM weapons and at this point i think we should be able to use thier weapons skill.

Thanks
    (0)

If all relic/emp/mythic WS gave a decent aftermath but did less damage then people would vary their WS choices to get the aftermath initially, then go for a damage WS until aftermath wears. Unfortunately, in most cases, either the WS with a decent aftermath is the best, so it just gets spammed repeatedly, or the WS is weak and so is the aftermath, so it's not even worth using, ever.

The only real way to get a good balance is by adding unique buffs and de-buffs to each weaponskill, and allowing these buffs to stack with other similar ones. EG. allowing slow from Ukko's Fury to stack with both elegy and enfeebling magic slow, would make it worthwhile using Ukko's over Upheaval occasionally. Making them stack with other buffs is essential to prevent enfeeblers from being removed from the game entirely.

Allowing DA/TA/QA procs to use the same Ftp as the original hit could offer more WS choices for using with Warrior's Charge and Assassin's charge, causing them to be a better option than just a low FTP muliti-hit WS when the timer is up.

I'm sure that there are other ways to make varying your WS worthwhile, but it has to be done right, otherwise, as Byrth said, people will just find the best WS for the gear available, and stick with it, just like they do now.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Changing Geirskogul from AGI to STR would make it as good as Tachi Fudo is for Gungnir DRG. Make it happen please!
    Ha ha I just saw this - first reply on JP thread same topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Draupnir View Post
    最近では使われなくなったWSに再び使う機会が訪れそうで嬉しいお知らせ。
    メリポWSにメリポを振っていなくてもジョブが出せるようになる日も近いですね。

ただ、一つ、とてもとても個人的なお願いが。。
    ステータス補正を引き上げるのもいいのですが、ステータス補正そのものを見直しはないでしょうか?
    特に、ゲイルスコグルのAGIが気になります。
    おそらくグングニルの設定上そうなったのだろうと思いますが、投げるのにも力を使うのでSTRに・・・
    Google Translate says:

However, one can ask a very, very personal. .
    You raise the status correction also is good, but I think the review status correction itself?
    In particular, AGI of Geirusukoguru will care.
    I think it would have become so set on Gungnir probably, in STR since they use force, even to throw ...
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Sakima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Empyrean Weapon discrepancy

I think it would be reasonable to point out a discrepancy i feel their is with r/m/e.
    Gonna try to make this short as possible so forgive me ahead of time. All three weapons have some sort of aftermath/weaponskill. There is a third trait they share but only two of the three share it and that is that their respective weaponskill performs best on said legandary weapon. Glad to see this thread and look foward to the changes you will be making.

p.s. imo the hieracy of weapons should be Mythic > Empyrean > Relic. I know the amount of effort has changed in the ilvl increase they received but i think that order has been the most consistent not baring the evil empire dynamis days.
    (0)

I always found it strange that no elemental WSes grew in strenght as you leveled up. It would at least have made a bit of sense to give the WSes 1 MAB per skill level above the level you learned it at, or something like that,
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast