Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Record of Eminence quest problem

Blood Pact bugs and macro targetting bugs

Console: XBOX
    Problem: Deal 500+ Damage RoE quest not getting completed

Steps:
    As I've been leveling other jobs to 99, I occasionally change to a job I already I get to about 190/200 I change back to the job I was grinding and get a 'free' 5000 xp for it. It helps break up the monotony of level grinding using grounds tome.
    I've been doing this for several weeks now with different jobs, like DRG and NIN, which are level 99 now.
    Currently I am working on leveling SAM to 99. Earlier today I completed the Deal 500+ Damage quest on SAM by doing it on that job alone.
    After I completed it I decided to stop level grinding and went out and completed some quests, then went back to Adoulin and killed some Twytherym Infestations with my 99 DRG, so I could get up to 190/200 doing 500+ damage.
    I ended up leaving at 194/200 and eventually made my way to Quicksand Caves to do another grounds tome grind, and get my 'free' 5k xp.
    Three 500+ damage weapon skills later and I expected to see 197/200, but the number was still at 194, so I assumed I misread the number before and did some more kills with no extra thought. Minutes later, and several 500+ damage attacks later, I am still at 194/200. I am currently a SAM/DRG lvl 73.
    So the issue is the 500+ damage quest will no longer increase in completion stuck at 194/200) after changing from a lvl 99 job that started it to a lvl 73 job that wishes to finish it, even though a week ago I was able to do just that.

By the way, the other RoE quests are working, like Spoils (Earth Crystal) and Conflict: Quicksand Caves.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Was the WS you were doing a two attack WS? Only thing that comes to mind, even though I remember them saying that was fixed to work on a total damage done basis.
    (0)

Character
    Rigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It is a two hit ws, Tachi: Jinpu. But when I was leveling DRG in this similar, I was using Penta Thrust to finish off my 500+ damage quest.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Maybe it's another issue with elemental WSs. IIRC Jinpu is a hybrid WS, physical + a wind magical hit. Maybe the fix they implemented missed those? Could try using Tachi: Enpi to see if it begins counting or not to verify.
    (0)

Character
    Rigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'll try other weaponskills later today and see what happens.
    (0)

Character
    Rigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I decided to go back out and change to DRG and see if I was able to get credit for any more 500+ attacks. I did.

Now I am at 199/200 and will play around again to see if I can get my SAM to finish it off
    (0)

Character
    Rigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Well, I decided to try it as SAM/WAR and used Enpi to finish it off. Then I used Jinpu and now I'm at 1/200. Also, I went to Boustanieux Oubliette to do it. Maybe it was just the SAM/DRG combo that made it not work, I dunno.
    (0)

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Even though your weaponskill was doing over 500 damage, one hit of the weaponskill still has to do over 500 damage for you to get credit for that RoE (if I'm remembering correctly). Your DRG, being 99 with some amount of ilvl gear I assume, is going to have a much easier time doing 500 damage in one hit of a weaponskill than your 73 SAM. If Jinpu does 700 damage, but one hit did 400 and the other did 300, it won't recognize the full weaponskill as 500+ damage.
    (1)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

Character
    Rigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Hmm, ok, I'll take that into consideration.

However, when I was lvlin my DRG last week and it was in the 60s, 70s, the multi hit weapon skills were barely going over 500 and I was still getting credit for them. I think I had to use Double Thrust for a while before Penta became available.

Anyways, earlier today the first Jinpu didn't count, but the rest have. I was at 198/200 and decided to go with Enpi, which got me to 199, then I did Jinpu and it got me to 200. The rest of the Jinpu's after that have worked.

If you're right about how the WS damage has to be done, Quedari, then I won't have a problem anymore with SAM.

But I'm curious now. Maybe in a couple weeks if I'm up for it and level WAR I can run into this problem again and test it out.
    (0)