Player

Stun / Terror mechanics and in-game dependencies

I've noticed a lot of potentially useful effects that we can inflict on bosses never really work.

Is there ever going to be a viable alternative to a SCH with 9-second Stuns?

How about Beastmaster with fully merited Feral Howl and reduced recast timer?
    How about Dancer Stun Flourishes?
    How about Blue Mage terror spells?

Is there a way we can reliabily stun a delve boss without the need for a specific type of SCH?

Edit: I've kept my post brief so that as a community we can discuss possible variety in Stun mechanics.

Thank you.
    (6)

Player
    I think variety should be second fiddle to flat out removal of stun dependencies. The fact we've gotten to the point that restrictive time limits that make everything a rush(Delve) and overpowered attacks that require stun to survive(Weakness, Zombie, Instant Death), only shows SE has failed to give us properly difficult content. So while yes, if this is how things must be I agree we need variety like you suggest, I'd much rather get away from this stupid restrictive mechanic and just make things difficult through other means.
    (15)

Character
    Dragmagi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Blue terror spells are all in ul list so only 1 can be used every 5 min without uw in effect
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMBie343 View Post
    I've noticed a lot of potentially useful effects that we can inflict on bosses never really work.

Is there ever going to be a viable alternative to a SCH with 9-second Stuns?

How about Beastmaster with fully merited Feral Howl and reduced recast timer?
    How about Dancer Stun Flourishes?
    How about Blue Mage terror spells?

Is there a way we can reliabily stun a delve boss without the need for a specific type of SCH?

Edit: I've kept my post brief so that as a community we can discuss possible variety in Stun mechanics.

Thank you.
    you actually dont need to stun delve bosses, they are doable without stun just a bit harder (as in really everyone needs to know wtf they are doing melees mages support). And Terror works on most delve pre NMs.
    Besides stun and terror are almost useless in delve 2.0
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    you actually dont need to stun delve bosses, they are doable without stun just a bit harder (as in really everyone needs to know wtf they are doing melees mages support). And Terror works on most delve pre NMs.
    Besides stun and terror are almost useless in delve 2.0
    Honestly I think stun should be useless like delve 2.0, but terror should work on NMs. You can only terror every 5 min, or if you pop 1hr. But you can't spam terror on all 5 NM+ MB like stun due to cool down, so it's not game changing or anything. That makes BLU a viable DD in delve. You can bring 3 real DDs to delve and have higher output if you don't need terror, or bring BLU with lower output to terror some more annoying NMs.

Again, it's not really game changing or anything. Personally I don't use BLU in Ceizak, since BLU's output is usually lower and terror is not needed to win. But if I want to bring BLU it's completely viable with terror too. Now if I say I want to bring BLU to delve 2 it'd be a hard sell ._.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Honestly I think stun should be useless like delve 2.0, but terror should work on NMs. You can only terror every 5 min, or if you pop 1hr. But you can't spam terror on all 5 NM+ MB like stun due to cool down, so it's not game changing or anything. That makes BLU a viable DD in delve. You can bring 3 real DDs to delve and have higher output if you don't need terror, or bring BLU with lower output to terror some more annoying NMs.

Again, it's not really game changing or anything. Personally I don't use BLU in Ceizak, since BLU's output is usually lower and terror is not needed to win. But if I want to bring BLU it's completely viable with terror too. Now if I say I want to bring BLU to delve 2 it'd be a hard sell ._.
    terror was very usefull on the scorp in a 18 ally setup in delve 1.0 (before it got piss easy much later on), since it tended to use alot of ready moves, in a 6 man setup it barely gets 2-3 moves off below 50% HP. So yeah selling blu is hard. BLU still does decent on the Bee due to requiescat, but good SAMs with bow will destroy the bee that much faster.

i think they should make debuffs in general more useful not only terror (which is not a debuff, but you know what I mean).

i dont think and want stun to not to work, it should be a viable option, it just shouldnt work on all NMs/bosses. Delve 2 went a bit overboard with makeing stun redundent. Kamihr delve is a bitch to farm and Marjami Delve is ranger heaven (unless the harpy likes to fuck your tank for some random reason), talking from a 1-5 NM + Boss run view in a 6 man pt. the only viable easy option is Yorcia.
    (1)
    Last edited by Damane; 05-14-2014 at 06:50 AM.

Player
    Bump.

Come on, SE! Add some depth to how we immobilize mobs!
    (0)

Character
    Encore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    As Dancer you expose yourself to all of the challenges that comes with being in the front-line... Violent Flourish should work for you not fail as often as it does between resists or absolute immunity from the enemy.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...olent-Flourish
    (1)