Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Ziyuta
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

ive lost all respect for SE

ive lost all respect for SE they have ignored monstrosity for 2 updates now both updates are of decent size so dont try to be a smart ass saying they are small updates ive only came back to final fantasy 11 for monstrosity but last two updates they have ignored it they have had a monthly update of 1 family per update untill recently really se get in the game and if theres any smart ass comments i will be deleting them from this thread
    (1)

Character
    Mugly
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    The biggest problem with monstrosity, and really every PVP mode they've added, is that there is pretty much no point in doing them. They're simply fun little mini games, and as much as I love monstrosity, the fact that there is no reason for most people to sink time into it means that 99% of the time there is literally no one doing it. Ballista has been dead for years-- But Monstrosity came out not long ago and it's already in it's death thralls.

Some suggestions that might increase Monstrosity potential:
    -Making certain monster types drop certain items once defeated. The Rarer the monster, the rarer the item (and hopefully most useful). The reason this should be done is twofold: Players will spend time leveling to get the high tier monsters so that people can kill them to get the special items from them, and it will become a useful way to fill up monstrosity. For this to work, however, you'd need to ensure that the monster is actually attacking and trying to defeat the people trying to beat it-- Maybe you could just put a timer on attack delays so that you can't turn away for too long before it stops the fight. Likewise, you'd have to ensure they use the skills available; Maybe the more 'direct control' you have over the monster correlates to how active you are in the fight, and the less active you become the more the monster begins to take actions of it's own.
    -If the above is implemented, actually put in useful items! Primarily, upgrade and augmenting items for ilvl gear. If this isn't done, no one will ever touch it. There is very little in the game that isn't ilvl or obtained from delves/skirmish that is worth having at max level. At the same time, everyone wants to upgrade their gear, and this would be a very fun way to organize your own battlefields to obtain them, instead of grinding AA2 and Delves into oblivion.
    -Player vs Monipulator balance needs to be considered. I fought a friend who was a raptor in Buburimu and got completely decimated. It seems like I'd need an alliance in order to fight him, and that's only at level 30. While this can make sense for rarer or more unique monsters, it might be a bit much for a normal raptor type monster.
    -More monsters, of course.
    -A 99+ level zone would be pretty amazing, especially considering that most jobs miss out on useful stuff (including ilvl gear) being capped to 90

Currently there's a lot of issues with the system, even if I do find it very enjoyable. Maybe this is why SE has stopped updating the races, in an effort to correct it and get it up to par? I really hope so, because monstrosity is something I've wanted since 2005.
    (1)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I believe they said they're working on the campaign-like content for monstrosity but its going to take awhile because of the UI part of it.
    (0)

Character
    Mugly
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    I believe they said they're working on the campaign-like content for monstrosity but its going to take awhile because of the UI part of it.
    Ah, that would also help Monstrosity. The new UI does look interesting, and we all know FFXI needs it.
    (0)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadix View Post
    ive lost all respect for SE they have ignored monstrosity for 2 updates now both updates are of decent size so dont try to be a smart ass saying they are small updates ive only came back to final fantasy 11 for monstrosity but last two updates they have ignored it they have had a monthly update of 1 family per update untill recently really se get in the game and if theres any smart ass comments i will be deleting them from this thread
    You're not the only one who is disappointed, but throwing a fit isn't going to help. Others have asked them about content updates for Monstrosity and the devs basically said "It's coming, be patient." and that's just what you gotta do. If the wait's too long, then just find something else to do.

On the flip side though, I liked how the response to the survey for Monstrosity was "I am completely surprised that barely anyone cares about this event." I'd like to try to shed a little light on what that reason may be:

Player A: "Hey, I see you're really into that monster event, is it fun?"
    Player B: "Yeah, it's awesome! You should try it too!"
    Player A: "Maybe I will, what stuff can you do as a monster?"
    Player B: "You level up all of your monsters you like old school style."
    Player A: "Ooh, can we team up and go depopulate the dunes?"
    Player B: "Nah, they haven't added that yet."
    Player A: "So is there like a BCNM or something you can fight bosses when you're done leveling?"
    Player B: "Nope, they haven't added that yet either."
    Player A: "Do you get special gear or something for your moghouse at least?"
    Player B: "No they haven't done anything like that."
    Player A: "Well, sorry Player B, I don't really see a reason to try it right now, maybe when they add more stuff."

Then there's a part of that hypothetical conversation where Player B convinces Player A to try belligerency, and Player A ends up taking time out of their day to donate some delicious free infamy to Player B. I'm sure everyone knows that part of it by now, though.
    (4)

I too am disappointed in the lack of a Monstrosity update for May.
    I was hoping for new monsters/families, and more areas we can access.
    Edited to add: I forgot to say it would be nice to party with others also to ease the grind.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mitruya; 05-10-2014 at 03:34 AM.

The PVP needs to be balanced for solo vs solo - no one is gonna party up for that noise, and uncapped. No one is going to want to keep a level 90 gear set just for monstrosity.

Either that or just make the PVP MON vs MON.

I'd also like to note they need to do something so I don't have to remove my belligerence flag in order to enter dynamis. I'm not putting it back on until they fix it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 05-10-2014 at 03:07 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    The PVP needs to be balanced for solo vs solo - no one is gonna party up for that noise, and uncapped. No one is going to want to keep a level 90 gear set just for monstrosity.

Either that or just make the PVP MON vs MON.

I'd also like to note they need to do something so I don't have to remove my belligerence flag in order to enter dynamis. I'm not putting it back on until they fix it.
    They can't make it uncapped. There is no way for a level 99 monster to ever even touch a 119 player, and the solo 119 player will bring the 99 monster down in less than a minute. Yet again, the item level system has screwed us over. They'd have to make the level cap for monstrosity 140 and let us grind it out in Ulbuka to even have a chance, but then you would get absolutely nothing but slightly higher stats for 41 damned levels, because none of the real jobs go beyond level 99.

The only way you're ever going to see PVP in Monstrosity is Monster VS Monster, which makes it insane that this hasn't been added yet. A giant battlefield thing might be cool, but for 1 vs 1 fights in belligerency, all they have to do is make it so monipulators in belligerence are the same as gladiators, and bam awesome cerberus vs adamantoise duels all over the place! You could have someone do that right now, this afternoon, and stick it into this month's update.
    (1)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As far as keeping up with ilvl players goes, I don't see why they couldn't just add an instinct set that functions like ilvl gear. Something like when you hit 99 you talk to one of the skull NPCs and unlock an instinct set that says something along the lines of "If level 99: [Holy mackerel! Look at those stats!]" and then just add a system where you get the lowest leveled one and build up to the highest.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBEWD View Post
    As far as keeping up with ilvl players goes, I don't see why they couldn't just add an instinct set that functions like ilvl gear. Something like when you hit 99 you talk to one of the skull NPCs and unlock an instinct set that says something along the lines of "If level 99: [Holy mackerel! Look at those stats!]" and then just add a system where you get the lowest leveled one and build up to the highest.
    A) I don't think you understand how powerful 119 characters are. 6 of them take down enemies with more than a million HP in a couple minutes. These instincts would have to add hundreds of thousands of HP, thousands of evasion and defense, etc. and hundreds of base stats, PER INSTINCT, in order to stand any chance. And even then it'd be pure base stats, since you'll only have abilities and spells the player jobs have. No aga IV's or aga Vs, no massacre elegy, no damage immunities, no auras, no using 1 hour abilities every 20 seconds that monsters have to be able to do to even be a challenge.

B) They would run into the same problem BLU has. You could equip maybe 2 of them and run out of points.

C) It's impossible that SE would balance it properly. Literally impossible. One side or the other would always be at a massive disadvantage, because the variables are just too big to be controlled for. And then it'd be even more impossible when item level stuff above 119 comes out. They can't balance 22 jobs against actual game content properly, how are they going to balance what are essentially hundreds of new jobs against each other?

D) You'd then make all of the old instincts entirely worthless. So why ever level anything but that one monster you wanted to use?

E) Do you really want to grind all these monsters to 99, then have to do whatever obscene grind to get item level 119 instincts require, too? Because if I have to level Frog to 90 to get 20% Haste, what is HP+600% DEF+900, STR, DEX, and AGI+150 going to require?

F) Monstrosity would destroy any zone anyone played it in, since a monster that could rival 119 players could fight every enemy in an entire zone, at once, and win with 0 effort. The griefing would be game breaking. It'd have to be a separate instance like Diorama. Which means you'd just have to sit there, doing nothing, in an empty zone, waiting for other players. No exping, no sneak attacks, no strategy, no hiding, no big zone to chase your enemy through, just sit and wait, and wait some more because there'll never be any useful rewards from it.

Also SE doesn't make new instances anyway, they just reuse old ones. Especially not for silly minigames. It takes a full, paid for, expansion to get a couple new ones made. So it just wouldn't happen at all.

Level capped though, 6 players vs a monster of equal level with 6 times a player's stats, or two equally matched monsters. Bingo, bango, fair fight.
    (0)
    Last edited by Louispv; 05-12-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast