Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    If monstrosity is what made you lose all respect for SE, I don't think you've been paying attention for a long while.
    (1)

Player
    Updates to Monstrosity mean a lot to me too, but I'm sorry to say the majority of the playerbase don't rely on Monstrosity updates. If the question is between Wardrobe and Monstrosity, Wardrobe means more, same with if it involves Job Points, or other things new to the system. Monstrosity has a lot of races, a lot of instincts, there's content still to do and unless it's literally all you've done you're unlikely to have finished it all. Am I saying it doesn't need updates? No, it does, parties and MvM as well as adjustments in general and new races to play are all needed to keep it going, but it's far from forgotten or ignored. Going 2 updates without adjustments to it isn't a sign of abandonment, as it was said in the OP we had consistent updates the last few months. The last 2 updates were large, but be fair, they added a lot of new things system wise such as the Job Point system and the new Wardrobe system which is unique system wise. I can see why they may have pulled the team away from Monstrosity for a bit, or it's also possible the Monstrosity team has taken this time to pull back from creating new families, having gotten out the primary 7, and are now trying to work in the special mobs which use TP moves for normal attacks such as Harpia that have been left out thus far.

Either way, cut them some slack, we've had updates every month for a bit, missing out on 2 isn't the end of the world.
    (0)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    Valid concerns & arguments.
    A & C) One thing I don't think some players account for is that despite the many gimmicks used to challenge players in boss fights, all of those bosses are A.I. with predictable patterns and most if not all can be/are easily dealt with by designating one or up to a handful of people to distract it while you apply the cheese appropriately. The potential power and challenge of a player controlled boss is experience/knowledge of the game, adaptability, and the freedom to use abilities and make decisions in a way that the tactics you use against A.I. bosses fall mostly, if not completely flat on their face. There is also the factor that, in time, with a wide enough selection of instincts, a player can constantly rebuild their boss monster to fit whatever strategies enemy players commonly use to take them down and then try to overcome them. I believe all that is required to kick things off successfully right now, is a way to set Monipulators and Adventurers on equal footing by allowing Adventurers to use their gear without having to bog their inventory with lower level sets, but allowing Monipulators to scale up to the current level that Adventurers are at in a relatively simple way. I know I suggested an instinct set, but really, that's just me throwing one idea out there, it could be that, a one-time Monipulator limit break, Monipulator Atmas, a set of ilvl capped belligerency zones that scale monsters to various caps, you name it, all that matters is that it's at least looked into.

B, D & E) IF my instinct suggestion WERE used (remember now, it's just a suggestion), my idea would be to make it basically a "one size fits all" type of deal like the job based instincts, but you only get one, which would look something like "Limit Break Instinct I - If Level 99: Monipulator Level 104 - Cost: 15."
    Then you'd be able to replace/upgrade it with new ones until you end up with "If Level 99: Monipulator Level 119 - Cost: 15" and it essentially would function like the SMN pouches that invisibly scale your stats/give you basic traits to be on par with an average/typical/medium difficulty end game boss at that level, then you'd be able to fill out the rest of your stats with other instincts to suit your needs.

F) Adventurers can/have already created this problem, with ilvl players turning up in a zone to train all of the mobs and one shot them with Stonega without regard for anyone else trying to EXP/farm there, leaving others to wait until they're done or move elsewhere. The only difference is that, Adventurers actually have content to go do to keep them occupied enough so they don't find the time to go troll people trying to level up.
    (1)

I'm sorry, but you're wrong, MONs are WAY MORE POWERFUL than players. Ilevel might bring them to 1 on 1 chances. If MONS can't compete they could add some instincts comparable - but our ilevel gear doesn't have that much stats on it, really. I mean yeah maybe 100+ here or there and better base damage - but I've played as a MON and they are WAY STRONGER than comparable players of their level, even without good instincts. I can do stuff as a MON I could never do as a player.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I'm sorry, but you're wrong, MONs are WAY MORE POWERFUL than players. Ilevel might bring them to 1 on 1 chances. If MONS can't compete they could add some instincts comparable - but our ilevel gear doesn't have that much stats on it, really. I mean yeah maybe 100+ here or there and better base damage - but I've played as a MON and they are WAY STRONGER than comparable players of their level, even without good instincts. I can do stuff as a MON I could never do as a player.
    I know you just returned to the game and are therefore still 99ish, but you're just incorrect. A player in 119 cannot be touched by any level 99 monster. Even on jobs with terrible evasion, 99 monsters have floored accuracy and hit for less than 30 damage a swing when they do hit. And all the magic evasion and MDB on the armor means you don't even have to worry about spells anymore, since the 5% of them that aren't resisted do only a couple hundred damage. And that's before protect and shell, or other buffs.

And offense wise, my PLD, wearing full defensive gear with no DD gear, has 1k attack after food. My MNK after food, gear, buffs, and abilities has 1800 attack. Does your monipulator have the 4500 defense needed to floor that damage? While actually being able to hit and hit for damage too?

At 99 most monipulators will have 20k hp or so unless you're really going for an HP build. That's about 10 seconds for any competent DD job at 119. Heck if Level ? Holy procced on you with a good number you might be one shotted by a SMN. It's no contest, even solo a 119 player wouldn't even notice that fight. They wouldn't even need to heal afterwards. Six players would steamroll hundreds of 99 monipulators. It's level capped, raise the max level for monipulators to 140, or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBEWD
    F) Adventurers can/have already created this problem, with ilvl players turning up in a zone to train all of the mobs and one shot them with Stonega without regard for anyone else trying to EXP/farm there, leaving others to wait until they're done or move elsewhere. The only difference is that, Adventurers actually have content to go do to keep them occupied enough so they don't find the time to go troll people trying to level up.
    A Player can round up everything in a camp and kill it

A Monipulator that could fight 6 119 players could round up everything in the entire zone and hold it literally forever. Just hit them all with a single AoE to screw everyone who'd pull them off you out of exp, and the entire zone is closed until your internet cuts out. Doubly so if you pulled them all to a far corner no one visits, or behind a reive no one does.
    (0)
    Last edited by Louispv; 05-16-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Player
    I think you're underestimating the power of the monsters we can play as. I won't say you could do it without a ton of specific instincts, but to say solo 119s would destroy a level 99 Monster so easily? I doubt it. Sea Monk 1 is very easy to obtain, it alone is +3% Accuracy, assuming it works without any caps or anything like that, at 99 you could probably stack enough Accuracy instincts to hit a level 119 character without much issue when you count in amazing ones like Pugil 3 with +35 Accuracy or DRG with +40. After that stacking some simple Attack instincts would help crack the defense of a level 119, it's not easy either, but Behemoth 1, Gnole 3, WAR, DRK, they could crack a 119 wide open, especially if using one of the monsters with higher attack or a powerful berserk. As for combating the defense issue, you'd only need Wivre 1, Uragnite 2, and Crab 3, and you'd have enough defense to put up at least some resistance against a 119's attack. Adding up the amount of points for the things I just listed, you're looking at a cost of 97, easily do-able for a Lv.99 Monster. Add in Toad 3 for capped Haste basically and maybe a few extras on the side, and you're looking at a hard to get but very possible setup for 119s.

I don't mean to say that it's reasonable nor easy, and any party of 119 DDs would crush you yeah, but I'm just saying a single 119 wouldn't cut it if you did things right. Needing level 140 though, that's just not even reasonable from a balance standpoint in all honesty, at that point no level of 119 gear would come close to stopping us especially when you add in EVA & DEF instincts we can stack while players can't gearswap.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2