Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Repeat Login Campaign No. 11 and Items

When I was complaining, uh, I mean suggesting for an adjustment on the price of drill pugils and dwarf calamaries... or whatever they are, I know I mentioned having them removed altogether, but I didn't imagine you'd take it that seriously!

Heh! At least I can now relax on that regard a bit, though now there is the Timepiece... for 3000 points!?

/sigh

I really need to learn to not hoard so much stuff. My /bank is literally full of (event) furnishing already as is, so it would definitely be for the best if I could look away.

So for me, the only useful/wanted item(s) was/were left off this time around. What do you, the reader think of the latest list? Do you think the letterboxes that are (I think) 100%-loot from certain enemies are nice and cool? I could possiblai think of at least a couple of more useful things, but who knows, perhaps someone will take home a few of them.

I of course have many uses for many of the items, but I'm very indifferent about them, since I can go and do what normally is required for them. The bait for matsya is quite time consuming to procure, and I actually appreciated the idea of them being included. I'd appreciate it more if they weren't so highly priced, of course.

In theory, I might be able to get the amount the campaigns awarded, within one day, by fishing up around 200 cave cherax (from looking at my notes, I'd often be around 40 pugils at 140-200 cherax).
    In a real-world example, between February 7th and May 5th, I got about 222 dwarf pugils from 872 cave cherax. Adding the bait from two campaigns, in which I used almost all of the points of 4 characters into these, I've got about 30 matsya (from which none had a shawl; I'm expecting the first one to come somewhere at around 300, meaning I should need about 2000 bait more at least, which is what, around 30 months at this pace, and I want more than one shawl).

Speaking of price, that of the duck ring still makes no sense (assuming I know of all that it does), nor does the price of the expertise ring. These are things that might be cool to obtain from the gobbie mystery boxes, if they were actually made worth the time it takes to play their menu-game... I think my total daily tally is somewhere between 50,000 and 80,000 points, or thereamabouts.

Uff, this post suddenly doubled in size... ooopsies! It probably seems more ranty than intended, too. I was simply wondering what others think of the event nowadays, and of the current items provided by it.

Meh!

Anyblue, it looks like I'll remain as a not-a-fan of these logging in campaigns, and them myst'ry boxes. ^^;

Thanks for checking in!
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

I'm excited by the beads as it may make it worthwhile to try putting together a low-man group for delve. Or they may be worth selling. Either way, I should benefit from them. Also happy to see all seals in the 10 point category.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Since you brought up the extravagant timepiece that's available for 3,000 points, I feel this would be a good spot to share a post from Producer Matsui with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Hello, Matsui here.

We plan on continuing the repeat login campaign as we have received a lot of positive feedback from the community.
    As you may know, the 11th repeat login campaign will start from May 10. Since the the number "11" is very special to us, we have prepared a special lineup for everyone!

Please note that the current plan is to have all of the 3,000 point items obtainable only from this campaign.

On the other hand, items such as the worm masque will be obtainable in the future.
    (I really want that timepiece...)
    (6)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'm totally, totally getting the timepiece.

I'm so obtaining that item. Its really erudite and stylish!

(2)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    What do you, the reader think of the latest list?
    Savory shank and either a bead or 2 or a beastly shank (depending on resale values at the time), then probably some AF upgrade items that drop from limbus zones that aren't my favourites. Same for both of my mules too.

Edit: I take it back, just spotted Zeid and Lion on there, which I missed while I was away.
    (1)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 05-10-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Character
    Rifaran
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    no no no why put the savory shanks only in this login campaign? that is a very bad idea please reconsider
    (3)

Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    yes please, more savory shanks
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Bayohne,

Thanks fer sharing.

Interesting tidings indeed. I was expecting them to leave those items off sooner than this, for at least a while, but they seemed to become the staple of the series... so to speak. I don't mind since I never spent my points on them, since with my luck, defending ring is not something I would get. I sometimes do go for the trigger(s) the normal way, however.

I can probably sympathise with those who enjoyed having them, since I just lost my only interest as I described earlier. They'll probably be back at some point...

As for the timepiece, of course I'll have to get it, too. I'll just have to move something away from my room to make it fit. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    probably some AF upgrade items that drop from limbus
    Those can be pretty nice time-s(h)avers. I might go for some as well, though I like Limbus, but eh, fishing takes all my time, I maybe guess!

It is unfortunate that they left the empyrean +2 upgrade items off, as those were something a friend was collecting (I've spent quite a few points on them as well, just to complete them sets). Again, a cool time-saver, though I often prefer to go and beat them Abyssean NMs instead.

I wonder if they could implement an item that would grant us guild-points, or something similar. I bet I'm not the only one who'd find that worth their points.

Blubb!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Danial
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Please reconsider only having Savory Shanks in this campaign. This is the first time since these campaigns came out that I have actually looked forward to it. Up until now this event consumed my entire weekend once a month, I dreaded knowing that it was going to be time to stand in that stupid line again. I have added more people to my black list standing in the Behemoth line than I have in the rest of my 10 year ff career. In addition the ridiculously small chance of getting the ring (0/33 now on KB) makes the entire system feel reward-less in spite of 10-15 hours in consumes every month. Maybe this is the second last campaign, I don't know... but please please leave the KB pops in there and ease my and no doubt thousands of other players suffering if only just a little ...
    (0)

Player
    Ok first of all I think that SE doesn't need any white knights neither I want to be one but here's one thing I'd like to share to this OP about savory shanks.

1) If it so "outdated" stuff and so Oh-I-can-have-my-50%-DT-set-without-it like many people do claim on this and another forums, why people still try so hard to get it?

2) With that being said, in my humble opinion it is still an awesome piece to have, gives you a great chance of survival in a oh-shoot situation. Therefore, it has to be "hard" to get it.

3) SE already threw us a bone every login campaign to get it, with 1 mule and your main you get 8 chances to get a savory. Also, the NQ and HQ version of behemoth are soloable for most any job with sparks gear at the very least. (for those who complain casuals doesn't get any love whatsoever).

4) I know SE concept of grind is way out of any human parameters reaching masochism, lol. But this grind is not hard (annoying? Yes) to get what is, in my opinion, an awesome item.

Also talking about keeping player base, if they just threw us all great gear and stuff just like that, people would be quitting in higher rates than they already do. Because no challenge at all makes a game boring and people will look somewhere else.

Even by multiplying the odds in between getting a savory shank out of the NQ one and the chances of King Behemoth dropping a D.Ring, acquisition of this is, by far, easier than ever, and all you have to do is log into the game and cash in NQ pops, I mean, more easier than this would be insulting.

I never thought I would of get a D.Ring myself. I remember my days back when people had to be on HNMLS' to get this, when some folks had practically no life and had to be called or texted to log into the game. I always have been a busy person, first with college and now with work. Neither I was so hardcore to devote myself into a game that will make me stop sleeping at 4 A.M. just because Behemoth window opened up lol.

So yes, getting D.Ring just became a grind thing, instead of a moronic farm where you have to be lucky AND with tight bonds with those LS leaders (dealing with drama and so on). Asking to just put on savory shanks every login campaign is not going to happen imo, taking in mind the "baRance" and how SE wants (in their own twisted train of thought) to keep people logging back and keep FFXI alive.

And for the record, I didn't spend a single gil on getting my D.Ring. It took me months ? Yes. But I finally got my ring using login campaign and I'm grateful SE made it reachable, so I've been thru that hell, and I wish everyone else on this ordeal the best luck.
    (3)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 05-16-2014 at 08:45 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast