Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Bogyn
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Savage blade WSNM

Since it seems the goal is to make stuff in FFXI more convenient I figured it was my time to take a stab at a request. So here goes..

Is there any way possible reaching the ??? could be made less of a hassle? Perhaps moving the WSNM spawn to another location altogether. Anything?
    (2)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I personally feel that it is this the type of request that has torn FFXI along with most of today's MMO's asunder. If we keep asking for stuff to be handed to us because we as adventurers can no longer handle the adventure, then why are we still doing it? I could even go on to how I feel that there are way to many forms of warp, making WHM tele-service obsolete, and you can throw back at me how its my choice to use them or now. However, this is just my opinion, I'm just an old Elvaan that misses the 75 cap.
    (12)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

yup people getting lazy. Its not that hard now you can open the damn door yourself.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Personally I always enjoyed spending time in the Desert, the atmosphere there is very absorbing and the mobs/landscape are cool. So I didn't mind spending lots of time there for WSNM, magian trials or even camping Cantautor / Vinegaroon for days at a time lol. Its one of my favourite zones actually, certainly more fun to be in than Outer Ratsorz for example.
    (1)

Player
    I understand the idea of an adventure, at the same time I'll admit I'm tempted to not even unlock Savage Blade on this character because I have no use for it after I can get Req. The time it takes to go out, do all of the WSs required, and then afterward go out and do the long trek to Altepa & through Quicksand multiple times just to open the gate so I can go inside and fight the NM, all seems like it's far too long to bother with today. In the same time I do this I could probably do each of my LBs from 71~96 and have enough Merits for Req already provided I use Abyssea like almost everyone does.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    I understand the idea of an adventure, at the same time I'll admit I'm tempted to not even unlock Savage Blade on this character because I have no use for it after I can get Req. The time it takes to go out, do all of the WSs required, and then afterward go out and do the long trek to Altepa & through Quicksand multiple times just to open the gate so I can go inside and fight the NM, all seems like it's far too long to bother with today. In the same time I do this I could probably do each of my LBs from 71~96 and have enough Merits for Req already provided I use Abyssea like almost everyone does.
    You are right about the WS not being worth much, but the quest itself is good the way it is right now.

Hopefully after the WS rework it will be actually using again.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    The only time I loathe doing old ??? Quests is when it's in a section that got their mobs replaced with those that were/are supposed to help us level post 75 before abyssea came out that are aggressive. Which makes it difficult for anyone who is trying to get these quests done around the level you normally would with help. Even if you were to do these types of quests at 99 solo pending on the job could be a bit tiresome to clear out the area.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Unless they're True Aggro mobs, go /DNC, /RDM, /SCH, or /WHM for stealth, or else go whatever sub and bring Silent Oils/Prism Powders. You don't really have to clear out areas unless you're coming unprepared (like I do, frequently! ^^; ).
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    I have no problems with stealth, but there are some ??? spots that have aggressive mobs near them that need to be cleared out so you're not dealing with them and the mob you popped via the ???.
    (0)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    I have no problems with stealth, but there are some ??? spots that have aggressive mobs near them that need to be cleared out so you're not dealing with them and the mob you popped via the ???.
    Off the top of my head, I think Dangruf Wadi suffers hard with that. The ??? spot for the chocoleech(?) that drops a low level katana, the lottery pop Steam Lizard NM, and whatever THF has to do for their AF in the zone.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast