Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Nobody warps out of a fight because they might die, I`d rather go down fighting myself, and the exp loss is hardly even noticeable anyway. As almost everyone has said you can just go and get another warp scroll anyway and go straight back out. I don't know where this sense of fear you talk about comes from. The only mobs in the game currently that anyone really fears dying to are endgame mobs and I doubt anyone is going to waste a run for the sake of a bit of exp.

Warp scrolls are just a way of getting from 1 place back to your home point when you're done with whatever it was you were doing. Can't remember the last time I ever used a warp scroll to escape death.
    (4)

Character
    Fatts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'm very happy with this change. Warp Ring sounds great.

I'm trying to understand why people are dissatisfied.

I understand having to wait for 10 seconds for equipping may be inconvenient, but on the bright side it's great you don't have to worry about how many warp scrolls you have left in your inventory, or forgetting to restock at one point. That would happen, it's more likely to forget about it when you can buy multiple. And you don't have worry about carrying another Warp item in that kind of situation.

While Warp Cudgels may be devalued, price fluctuations happen to all items in a game with fully dynamic economy. I don't think people were getting particularly rich only by selling Warp Cudgels, and items which were far more valuable had been devalued before due to many other reasons. There will be other, new items that you can make money from too.

I think it's a great change! Let's be happier.
    (2)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm not dissatisfied with the addition of a warp ring, I think it's a great addition. I always have a random teleport ring, a warp club, olduum ring and a warp scroll on me anyway so I always have a way of getting home.

I am just confused at their reasoning behind not wanting to allow warp scrolls to stack rather than create a whole new item. The reasons they state aren't situations players use warp scrolls for.
    (4)

I have a minor update about the Warp Ring I would like to share.

After the October version update the development team will be reducing the 30 second period you have to wait to use the Warp Ring after you've equipped it.
    (14)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    I have a minor update about the Warp Ring I would like to share.

After the October version update the development team will be reducing the 30 second period you have to wait to use the Warp Ring after you've equipped it.
    So there's an October update then?
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Hello, everyone.

The main reason why the development team decided on the previously mentioned plans for warp scrolls is that they wanted to keep a sense of tension on the battlefield in both field areas and dungeons.

Since warp scrolls can be used without interruption as you are being attacked by enemies, if we were to make it possible to stack and carry around numerous scrolls there would be no real sense of fear when you are attacked by a monster. Due to this we decided to create a new enchantment item that has a slight timer before it activates.

While you will have to wait 30 seconds after equipping this new item in order to warp, we’ll be reducing the Warp Cudgel’s use timer to 10 seconds and reducing the recast timer to one minute.
    Once again the devs prove how out of touch with the community they are. We don't think the way they think we do.
    (3)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Wait, we are suppose to experience fear when attacking a monster?
    LMAO!
    Wha?
    How most players think:
    "Oh NO I am going to die ... I guess I will lose that 1.5k EXP .... on look I killed a rabbit in the new areas and got that 1.5k exp back.... I'm going to go fight that other monster again and see if I can win!"

Just say'n it is a game, fear is not a factor.
    (0)

Character
    Kafrein
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    FFXI has always had a really strong sense of tension though. If you get aggro you get adrenaline, because if your character dies you'll lose tons of exp. It's not as bad nowadays because the game on the whole is so much easier, and exp loss is so much less, but it is something quite unique to FFXI I think because most MMOs it's really not a big deal.

I guess what I'm saying is, I get where Square is coming from. They need to keep that sense of tension, it's one of the things that makes FFXI so immersive.
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6