Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I have to play devil's advocate and ask why you need so many warp scrolls? Is the 30 seconds it takes to get a new one that much of a hassle? Yes, I know sometimes you might forget, but thats what the warp-cudgel shoved in your sack is for. I carry plenty of things that can help me get back to my homepoint. WotG retrace staves just require an additional HP-crystal teleport. Rounsey wand will get me to whatever city I need. Tavnazian ring can get me close to another HP-crystal. City collars from holiday events. If for some reason all of that stuff is on cooldown, that seems more like a personal failure on my part.
    (1)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    I have to play devil's advocate and ask why you need so many warp scrolls? Is the 30 seconds it takes to get a new one that much of a hassle? Yes, I know sometimes you might forget, but thats what the warp-cudgel shoved in your sack is for. I carry plenty of things that can help me get back to my homepoint. WotG retrace staves just require an additional HP-crystal teleport. Rounsey wand will get me to whatever city I need. Tavnazian ring can get me close to another HP-crystal. City collars from holiday events. If for some reason all of that stuff is on cooldown, that seems more like a personal failure on my part.
    Convenience and I don't really want to carry 4309480329402 different items, a couple of warp cudgels, my tav ring and warp scrolls should be all i need. I'm the forgetful type and when I see a shout for something I want, or I start a shout for something I want to do, sometimes I feel rushed and forget to pick up a warp scroll, and if you're doing quick events like SKCNM20s both my warp cudgels are still cooling off after the third run ends, and if I forgot a warp scroll then I'm stuck holding the group up while I run back through the den of rancor, being able to buy a stack of warp scrolls would definately help in situations like that
    (1)

As a few of you have pointed out, we have to approach the situation carefully to ensure that it doesn't have an adverse effect on things like warp cudgels or the black mage's magic spell.

However, the dev. team is considering adjustments related to the scroll of instant warp and they are continuing to look into it.
    (11)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    As a few of you have pointed out, we have to approach the situation carefully to ensure that it doesn't have an adverse effect on things like warp cudgels or the black mage's magic spell.

However, the dev. team is considering adjustments related to the scroll of instant warp and they are continuing to look into it.
    Ah, never considered this.
    (0)

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

People used to synth things like High breath mantles too but now there's no market for it with the way game has changed. It really would be no different than most other gear that has lost its luster with new content/updates. Warp cudgels are just one specific item that comes to mind because no one uses it as an actual weapon. Why should warp cudgels get specific attention when nearly anything else that is crafted has not?

If you are that concerned about warp cudgels and do remove the rare on warp scrolls/make them stack, why not reduce the warp cudgel recast to 1 minute? People can use them more which would put more in the market (though yes, their sales would decrease due to more warp scrolls). If someone's primary money market is warp cudgels, they can find something else. Everyone else has as things have changed (see nearly every craft except perhaps cooking)

I also doubt that anyone would be upset about the BLM spell Warp. It takes minimal fame and is a really easy quest to complete. If you are concerned about the price of the scroll, recently many scroll prices crashed (raise 3, phalanx, etc) due to the BCNM campaign so why should it really matter for the warp scroll?

Also, the daily tally goblin gives a way a lot of random cooking items like Tavnazian salads and Coeurl Sautee. That's a disregard for cooking and not many (if any) cared. Again, why the big concern for one woodworking recipe for warp cudgels? It just doesn't make sense.
    (22)

I personally haven't carried a warp cudgel for years anyway. There's so much other junk that I have that can teleport me.

Treat Staff II
    Maat's Cap
    Tav Ring
    Olduum Ring (ok, I almost never use this lol)
    Recall: Pash ring
    Ram Staff

And, let's face it, the only thing that's inconvenient about blood warping these days is that from most areas you have to strip naked so it doesn't take the mobs forever to kill you!
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Heh.

My woodworking skill is at 92, and I've crafted exactly zero (0) warp cudgels, ever.

If I do look at the sales, I guess there is some want for them, but fishing takes all my time these days so I'm not going to start now either (chances are I would not start that even if I weren't fishing).

Only a few times have I used such a cudgel, years ago, and I did not buy the item(s) myself. I, for one, would not miss them.

I do miss many other things that have been affected adversely by other changes made. ^^;
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Stackable to 12 seems reasonable. Cudgel sales aside, making the spell available to all jobs at level 99 would also be reasonable to me (keeping blms ability to learn at current level).

Alternatively, introducing an all jobs repatriation spell at level 99 works for me as well.

Whether SE adjusts this or not doesn't matter much to be personally, but more convenient warps is always welcome.
    (0)

Is this the lesson we learned from killing the waystone/earrings?
    (4)

Character
    Tumz
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Ok, its been long enough now and the face of FFXI has changed enough just give everyone a 30 min cooldown warp ability. BLMs don't really care about Warp anymore, and would love the fact they don't get bombarded with D2 requests from those folks to lazy to scroll of instant warp back. The only useful thing about WARP for blms is doing quests and things that require going back and forth rapidly to their respective home point. The 30 minute cooldown still leaves the usefulness of warp there, while the change EVERYONE would love. The fact you haven't already done this, implies no one in your office actually plays this game.

**Lol impact of making changes to scroll of warp... HILARIOUS! Folks really love spending 10 CP to buy a rare spell every time they warp. Oh wait...

P.S. As someone that plays this game, what happens is you just warp back... forget to grab another warp... need to warp again... look in your inventory, and say oh crap forgot to... oh well... runs grabs 10 mobs and blood warps back.

OR

you could just give us an ability to warp back (with a cooldown), or just make warp scrolls non-rare and stackable to 99 if your devs are feeling extra lazy.

Either way, the fact we are having this discussion tells me how totally out of touch with the simple way folks play this game. Get an intern that plays this game to give feedback with stuff like this. You shouldn't need a Dev "...to continue to look at this.", ROFL!

Dev 1: "Hey Bob, come here lets look at the warp scroll!"
    Dev 2: "Yeah, thats a warp scroll alright"
    Dev 1: "So everyone can purchase these right?"
    Dev 2: "Yup"
    Dev 1: "So what are they wanting us to do to the thing?"
    Dev 2: "I don't know, they can everyone can buy them"
    Dev 1: "Huh? well lets go grab a drink, come back and stare at it more..."
    Dev 2: "Sounds good, maybe we can come back and stare at that code that only allows 3 instances to AA fights too"
    Dev 1: "Lol, good one, but we have no idea what that stuff is."
    Dev 2: "Your right its written in Chinese, and we only speak Japanese and English"
    ***Walks to water cooler***
    (1)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast