Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    As a few of you have pointed out, we have to approach the situation carefully to ensure that it doesn't have an adverse effect on things like warp cudgels or the black mage's magic spell.

However, the dev. team is considering adjustments related to the scroll of instant warp and they are continuing to look into it.
    How long has the dev team been looking into it and considering adjustments related to the scroll of instant warp? The game is 11 years old, are we looking at another 11 years for them to make a decision, or are they serious about it?

I can understand the rare tag on certain nm drops, I mean this can be a good thing to help put a damper in RMT activity, but scrolls of instant warp are buyable with cp, an, isp, bayld, etc, get rid of the rare tag already and make them just exclusive, and stackable to 12 or 99, doesn't really make a difference which, 99 would be better but 12 is good
    (3)
    Last edited by predatory; 05-11-2014 at 07:03 AM.

Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    we need jsut a book with 12 scrolls from npcs
    (1)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If they were going to remove the rare tag from a scroll, I'd prefer the reraise scroll. Sick of paying inflated prices from greedy crafters for the RR equips.
    (2)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    If they were going to remove the rare tag from a scroll, I'd prefer the reraise scroll. Sick of paying inflated prices from greedy crafters for the RR equips.
    Why not just remove the rare tag from both?
    (0)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    Why not just remove the rare tag from both?
    Ideally they would. If I had to pick one to make a topic about it would be the RR one though.
    (0)

Character
    Rivicus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I really doubt its worthy of worrying about Warp Cudgels, I haven't used mine in years. You could always introduce new items that woodworkers could sell that would make them profit, idk like Arrows, and such. considering I'm assuming that is one of the primary reasons anyone leveled the craft. as not only did it allow profit from people unwilling to level woodworking, but it also eased there own costs.

Last I checked the popular Ninja Tool Shihei also required woodworking. So I doubt Warp Cudgels would be there first loss to complain about.

The blm spell(s) would probably be relatively unaffected. As you would only need to buy them once, and cast them when on a job that can cast them while you have the MP, all this would do is save us points on buying another warp scroll. Like it always has. The spells price is more then worth it in the long term, weather you gathered the fame and did the quest. Or just bought it outright from AH.
    (1)

Character
    Fatts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I think warp scroll should be removed from the game. That functionality should be added as a "Return" spell (like in XIV). BLM Warp should let the player choose which Home Point to warp to (not just the one you saved at). In addition to that it should be castable on others. Warp II should do the same, except for the whole team at once. (or you could go with the same functionality as before)

Just some ideas here.

I think it's a real chore always having to collect one single warp scroll and/or forgetting it (we luckily do have warp cudgels etc though). I guess the ideas above could make warp items useless - however if they acted like BLM Warp spell which let you choose HP, and didn't have very long timer, they could still provide value. You will have a timer on Return spell in any case (like in XIV), 10-15 mins for example (but not much more).
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    I think warp scroll should be removed from the game. That functionality should be added as a "Return" spell (like in XIV). BLM Warp should let the player choose which Home Point to warp to (not just the one you saved at). In addition to that it should be castable on others. Warp II should do the same, except for the whole team at once. (or you could go with the same functionality as before)

Just some ideas here.

I think it's a real chore always having to collect one single warp scroll and/or forgetting it (we luckily do have warp cudgels etc though). I guess the ideas above could make warp items useless - however if they acted like BLM Warp spell which let you choose HP, and didn't have very long timer, they could still provide value. You will have a timer on Return spell in any case (like in XIV), 10-15 mins for example (but not much more).
    But this isn't 14, this is 11, and we've always used warp scrolls, and cudgels, and warp spell, and other items, we don't really want to blend the games too much together, some of us really like playing ffxi, we just want some minor tweaks made to the game. I don't know why people keep saying they do that in 14 they should do that here,this is a totally different game and I for one would like to keep it that way.
    (4)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Don't think a warpga can happen in XI due to how they code it.
    (0)

Hello,

Just a slight update on this.

The team is currently looking into making it so warp scrolls can be stacked, and though there is a concern that Warp Cudgels may lose a bit of its luster, they are also looking into adding something to them that will boost their value a bit.
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast