Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Yandaime
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Actually, if you read what I said more closely, I was talking strictly about Melee...

Merits 5%
    dDEX 20%
    Razed Ruins 30%
    Claymore Grip 3%
    Rancor Collar 5%

thats 63% Critical hit rate base, adding Gnarled Horn will push that up to 83% (Atma boost caps at +50%?) which is very impressive for Melee DoT. Now you can simply check this on Paper to find that *FOR MELEE ONLY* Gnarled Horn > Apoc and ill show it here.

Its a safe assumption that WAR Crits 3x harder than our Melee hits correct? so we'll just say our Melee hits are fixed at 350 Damage making each Crit 1050 Damage
    And cuz Im oldschool we'll just say its Bravura were using and not counting the hidden effect so
    488 Delay - Gear Haste - Hasso = 317 Delay = 5.28 seconds per attack = 681 Attacks per hour
    using a Rancor Collar, your DA Rate will be 29%

Ill start with Apocalypse Atma:
    Swing Ratio (being Generous) 44:29:15
    Swings per Hour: 300:394:306 = 1000 Swings per hour (lol 1000 Exactly)
    Critical Hits per Hour (63%) = 630 Critical Hits and 370 Normal Hits
    Normal: 370 x 350 = 129,500 Damage per Hour
    Critical: 630 x 1050 = 661,500 Damage per Hour
    Total: 791,000 Damage Per Hour
    WSs per Hour (6/5 Hit): 199 (This is assuming a dream world where WS Animation is tiny and doesnt stop our melee lol)

Gnarled Horn Atma:
    Swing Ratio: 71:29
    Swings per Hour: 483 + 394 = 877 (12.3% Fewer Swings)
    Critical Hits per Hour (83%) = 728 (13.5% More Crits) and 149 Normal Hits
    Normal: 149 x 350 = 52,150
    Critical: 728 x 1050 = 764,400
    Total Damage per Hour: 816,550 (3.2% More)
    WS's per Hour = 175 (12.1% Fewer WSs)

Can see simply enough that if you do not want to WS, Gnarled Horn will do more damage than Apoc Atma. And I stress MELEE DOT ONLY keep getting replies where people arent reading what Im saying lol. I dont need to go into any probable math to see that when you start WSing, Apoc will poopoo on Gnarled Horn lol 12.1% fewer WSs and only 3.2% better Damage so its a "Pearl Jam" Atma only pretty much.

As for the Temporary Item, if your party is operating as it should, Azure should be kept high, and Blue Boxes should be opened on sight. Stalwart's Tonic lasts 5 minutes, and Item Boxes appear more frequently than Time Extensions more often than not. The odds of you *NOT* having a Stalwart's during an XP party (XP Party NOT a Raid) are staggering lol. So yea, you can pretty much count on having it, I just never really used it but Im definitely going to now xD

Edit:
    Oh and I will say again, I AM NOT talking 6-hit vs 5-hit here Im just saying Gnarled Horn indeed has a purpose and that with Temporary Items, if your a WAR that likes a 5-hit Build, now you can get it and still keep a super high Attack, thats all Im saying lol
    (0)
    Last edited by Yandaime; 09-13-2011 at 12:52 PM.
    = He who hesitates is lost = (dont remember who's quote this is but I like it)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandaime View Post
    Actually, if you read what I said more closely, I was talking strictly about Melee...
    I don't know what the point of that is, even if that was true, why would you restrict it just to melee? A WAR's melee hits are also extremely strong, if you're trying to hold the NM, just stopping WS won't help much. And in that case, you wouldn't wanna deal much damage anyway. The only mobs it would be useful on are mobs that have you amnesia'd all the time, and even then the difference wouldn't be great.

Also 3x damage for critical hits sounds a bit high too, even with SS Atma. And the difference between these two isn't very big to begin with, so if you reduce your critical hit modifier a little, it becomes negligible. Maybe it's not entirely stupid to be using it, but it definitely isn't smart either.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Can see simply enough that if you do not want to WS
    This is where you lost me.
    (1)
    There is more to FFXI than Abyssea.

Character
    Yandaime
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    a situation where you dont wanna WS is at the start of the party where you dont want any Ruby at first, or a "Pearl Jam" and like I said, it has a purpose, never said it was a good one lol
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Ahh I get you, you've made a solution for a problem that doesn't arise.
    (2)
    There is more to FFXI than Abyssea.

Character
    Tsuneo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    a situation where you dont wanna WS is at the start of the party where you dont want any Ruby at first, or a "Pearl Jam" and like I said, it has a purpose, never said it was a good one lol
    Personally, I would just ruby everything in sight. There's no reason not to kill everything as fast as possible. You're going to get more boxes killing as fast as possible than you would with no ruby kills.
    (0)

Character
    Yandaime
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    pretty much lol. Theres always a better way of doing things, even if your doing silly things lol. I do like finding out more about the Temp Items tho, it was one of those things that just sat there in my inventory, ya know?
    (0)

I'm fairly sure that if you account for having blood rage up 20% of the time, it will boost the damage of apoc atma that 3% to beat GH anyway. Even before you add in any WS.
    (0)

Player
    GH is a wasted atma, go back to using Apoc, etc.
    (0)

wrong math
    It's nice you wanted to math this out......... but its complete BS.
    Crits don't do 3x normal hits unless you're terrible. You would basically need to have the lowest attack value you can achieve with WAR for crit to do 3x more, in your 'pearl jam' exp parties, this is absolutely not going to happen. (You would need pdif at 1, which isn't going to happen unless you full time defender and dont use any sort of attack buffs at all)
    (1)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6