Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Arcon, you forgot to include the ws tp gain, its not 25/13. Assuming you ws with /sam and average store tp gear on a ws your looking at +25-30 store tp on a ws.

Your looking at 18.2 tp if all 4 htis land.
    So 100- 18.2 = 81.8 tp needed until you can ws again.

81.8/4 = 20.45
    20.45/13 = 1.573 , so roughly 58 store tp during tp phase.
    carbonara + sam + SQ = 41, so 17 from gear
    +1 Brutal Earring
    +8 Ravager's Lorica +2
    +5 Rajas Ring
    +5 Goading Belt

Puts you at 19, and if you wanna equip it all you can adjust for misses on the WS.

Personally id go rr/vv/apoc, ditch SQ and just get the 38 from gear / regain
    +4 Rose Strap
    +1 Brutal Earring
    +8 Ravager's Lorica +2
    +4 Hoard Ring
    +5 Rajas Ring
    +5 Goading Belt

For 27 + 15 for sam, 6 for carbonara = 48
    ---> 13*1.48 =19.24 per hit
    4 hits gives 76.96
    4 hit ws gives 18.2 (95.16 tp)

And the last 5 tp you will get from regain in the time it takes to make 4 swings.
    (0)

Player
    Hmm, I calculated it differently from the beginning but the end result is the same, that checks out assuming initial + 1 additional hit lands which at capped accuracy will occur at least 90% of the time iirc.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Everyone creams their pants over lowering 6~5hit, but if you're using VV/RR/Apoc you have a 1/3 chance at DA and a 3/20 chance at TA procing. Even with barely a 6hit if TA procs twice you're 14~17 TP over 100, given regain ticks even at capped haste.

Maybe you're using spell cast or something that insures your WSing IMMEDIATELY after hitting 100%, but in high haste situations (Gear+Marches+haste+Hasso is minimum 5% away from cap if the bard is geared and skilled) even if your macro is /input exec war/ws.txt next line /wait 1 next line /ws "Ukko's Fury" <t> thats giving the player a .8 second chance to hit the WS button assuming you're paying great attention and don't care about using warcry or blood rage before your ws.

Not saying that getting that 5hit isn't the best because capping haste while lowering your xhit is the absolute best way to increase your damage, but for the average player its unnecessary. Plus on asura white tathlum is 2.5mil, no one does campaign so rose strap would be a nightmare to get nowadays, and you lose 35 attack on tactical mantle when compared to atheling during tp rounds.

5hit looks a lot better on a spread sheet than it does in practicality.

Given the opportunity to be at capped haste even though I use a 6hit (taking off 1stp would lower me into a 7hit) I take hate (cap it after the first two ukko's) get retaliation up and can constantly skillchain Ukko's for light without worrying about TP at all. All you need is a good WHM and BRD, and you practically make all other jobs in the game obsolete if not for proccing.

Don't get me wrong, 5hit should be your goal if all you do is warrior and can spend all your time playing FFXI getting it to be the best.

TL;DR: 5hit is time consuming to get if you start from scratch compared to a 6 hit and, in most cases where you are allowed to go all out, is rather over rated (though still the best).
    (0)
    Last edited by Leonlionheart; 04-30-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakima View Post
    RR/AOA/VV 26% haste 5-hit. For any ukon war your highest fury so far? buffs etc? Highest single crit :P?
    Highest crit: 2255 (set proc I assume, on capped attack could probably do 2.5k)
    Highest fury (Berserk/bloodrage): 12,372 (lol smiter) on a real mob 8.3k. Assuming TA capped attack and full crit. RR/VV/Apoc
    Highest fury (No buffs) 7.3k. La Theine Leige is a really weak NM...
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfoley View Post
    Arcon, you forgot to include the ws tp gain, its not 25/13. Assuming you ws with /sam and average store tp gear on a ws your looking at +25-30 store tp on a ws.
    I guess I had a different definition of an x-hit build. I thought it meant x hits from 0. This would include multi-hit WS as well, because on those you get a few extra TP, but usually have less Store TP gear on, so you could maintain your hit/WS ratio.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfoley View Post

For 27 + 15 for sam, 6 for carbonara = 48
    ---> 13*1.48 =19.24 per hit
    4 hits gives 76.96
    4 hit ws gives 18.2 (95.16 tp)

And the last 5 tp you will get from regain in the time it takes to make 4 swings.
    1) that is a 5 hit
    2) with apoc and retalliation you will often swing 4times before getting 3tic of regain
    (0)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    in most cases where you are allowed to go all out, is rather over rated
    You have this part backward.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    1) that is a 5 hit
    2) with apoc and retalliation you will often swing 4times before getting 3tic of regain
    I was going on what arcon described of hitting 4 times to build 100 tp then letting a ws go. If thats what you want to call an x hit build fine.

3 hits + ws

With standard WS set: with all 4 hits landing, it will net you 18.2tp
    that means you need to get 27.6 tp per hit, which requires 112 store tp. Which is actually worse then arcon had initially though. Even if you ws in your store tp set, its still impossible with current gear without giving up 2 good atma and WSing in your store tp set. Neither of which is a good idea.

On a side note: thats probably where arcons inital confusion came from when people were talking about 4 hit builds, they were thinking 4 hits + ws, not 4 hits including the ws.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dfoley; 05-03-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryozen View Post
    You have this part backward.
    No I meant what I said.

Soul Voice'd Marches + Haste + Hasso + capped gear haste = 80.8% Haste, reduces Ukon swings to 1.6 seconds per swing if TA procs once you should be at a minimum of 50.1 TP, starting from 0. At max it takes 9.6 seconds to get 100% TP, at minimum it takes 3.2, assuming no retaliation procs. If TA procs twice, you can constantly Skillchain with yourself.

All of that is not including any sort of TP from WS's, add that in, assuming both hits of Ukko's Fury connect and no DA or TA (Which is unlikely) you only need 5 swings, maximum of 8 seconds, minimum of 3.2, except this time it only requires 1 TA proc and 1 DA proc (hitting more than twice is more common than hitting once with over 35% DA and 15% TA).

If retaliation procs JUST ONCE you're cutting the amount of time between ws's severely and with haste this high most players, at least on PS2 and 360 and or not using windower, won't have time to change gear/ws to keep up with TP gain.

TL;DR: Higher the haste situation, the more useless everything other than haste becomes
    (0)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    You're speaking about your limitations, not the build's limitations.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast