Thread: New Content PUP

Player

New Content PUP

I need some help.

I want to do the new content battles on PUP, but no one seems to like them on my server. I work hard at my job as PUP, I have almost all the attachments save the two new ones and an economizer. I'm working toward getting my mythic(slowly, but it's a work in progress), and I'm trying to keep up with getting the new AF/Relic +2s out there so I can hold my own against mobs, the only problem is people still won't take me as a PUP.

Any gear advice outside reforged AF/Relic armor that could help me with a boost in chance? Or auto set up? I'm usually solo so I stick with WHM and RDM set ups for me to go all out DD but all my frames are capped on skills.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    From the sound of it, you're looking to join PUGs as Pup. To be frank, no amount of suggestions, tips, advice, gearswap files, mythic, etc, will convince PUG leaders to take a job that hasn't been heralded as the beez knees for an event. They're generally trying to put together a party with the best chance of winning, and even though your *insert job* may be more than capable of doing the content, unless they're aware of such, they'll rarely take your word for it, and continue to search for someone who has the job they're looking for, even if they're geared far worse. There's a reason you see bandwagon job setups, even though the one's following these setups may be clueless as to why.

Outside of getting into an open minded LS or developing a close knit group of friends that run content, you're going to have an extremely difficult time getting Pup into many events. Even jobs that are more than capable of handling content get shafted simply because whoever's leading the PUG isn't aware of what the job is capable of. Ex. Skirmish v3, many like to take a nuker. What do you see shouted for? Blm, always, sometimes Sch, but extremely rarely, if at all, Rdm and Geo.

Best advice I can offer is to enjoy the jobs you like in the content that you can. But when it comes to running group content with others, take advantage of the best system FFXI has to offer among MMOs, and change jobs. lvl em up, gear them up, and be flexible.
    (2)

Marada, go to Community -> General Discussion. There's a thread called "A Suggestion From The Pet Job Community: Stop Ignoring Us and Listen To Our Plea." Check it out and contribute your comments so that pet jobs will become balanced and accepted into more content!
    Don't give up working on PUP (I love the job to bits myself) but don't expect to get into much endgame on it at all unless you know some friends that can work it in. Even if you have the mythic and Divinator, the automaton cannot hold a candle to difficult content (same goes for wyverns, avatars, and jugs also). It's not your fault, nor is it just on your server.
    As for reforged gear, the only thing I tp in is Foire Tobe +1, and that's really only because I never got the Otronif body from Skirmish so it's the best I have for that slot. The rest of the AF/relic reforged pieces seem better suited for mix & match pet builds for various solo endeavors, depending on your automaton frame.
    (1)