Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Encore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Temp. Upheaval is nice, it's not as efficient as Frypan as far as MP and certainly not as powerful as Whirl of Rage but it has the quickest recast. If you're playing around in Abyssea especially, it's a great spell.

Where can you learn Retinal Glare? One of last couple spells I don't have and not to change the subject but if anyone could ninja-sneak in an answer I would be grateful ^-^;
    (0)

Character
    Dragmagi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    You get glare off those little eye mobs. They pop in moh gates, hunting grounds and in the Weald. Easiest camp is in moh gates.
    (1)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I love Temp. Upheaval. It's perfect for cleaving mobs outside abyssea. I usually thunderbolt to temp to embalming to temp again.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I saw a BLU the other day spamming Temp. Upheaval on multiple mobs to 'aga' them... I wondered if that was efficient too.

P.S. Retinal Glare is the light one, I assume?
    temp. upheaval has decent dmg, whisker does more, BUT temp. upheaval has such a low cast and recast time. So it works well for AoE burn.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    temp. upheaval has decent dmg, whisker does more, BUT temp. upheaval has such a low cast and recast time. So it works well for AoE burn.
    133MP is low!?
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixtythree View Post
    Temp. Upheaval is nice, it's not as efficient as Frypan as far as MP and certainly not as powerful as Whirl of Rage but it has the quickest recast. If you're playing around in Abyssea especially, it's a great spell.

Where can you learn Retinal Glare? One of last couple spells I don't have and not to change the subject but if anyone could ninja-sneak in an answer I would be grateful ^-^;
    You need to work on your gearsets. Also you realize you just confused a magic and a physical spell. Frypan and WoR are physical spells and use a different formula then R.Glare or T.Upheaval. Those last two you need +M.DMG equipment, especially on the weapons. With the AA Sword and / or the 119 Club you can get big numbers, especially when you factor in Glare's 26MP cost and low cast/recast.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Looks like one of our new spells will be a lot like Temp. Upheaval. This spell, Subduction, has a low recast just like temp, so I guess SE really likes how we blu's handle numerous enemies at once. Forgot to mention it has gravity as additional added effect.

On a side note, I'm really looking forward to the two other spells we'll be receiving: Errative Flutter and Thrashing Assault. Pretty sure that Erratic Flutter will be our haste 2 and Thrashing Assault will be our best damaging spell.

Hopefully, we'll get more than just 3 spells. Just 3 do not sound like the word they used in the update notes, plethora. Perhaps, more spells will come a later update
    (0)

Player
    I'm not sure if this is new or not, but since they were not mentioned on Bluegart I'll post them here.

Accuracy Bonus III: (Accuracy +35)
    Each Tier requires 8 points towards Accuracy Bonus, so you need 24 in total.
    Checked using /checkparam <me>

Attack Bonus III: (Attack+35)
    Each Tier requires 8 points towards Attack Bonus, so you need 24 in total.

Magic Attack Bonus III (MAB+28)
    Each Tier requires 8 points towards Magic Attack Bonus, so you need 24 in total.

Defense Bonus II
    (DEF+22)
    Each Tier requires 8 points towards Defense Bonus, so you need 16 in total.

Evasion Bonus II (EVA+22)
    Each Tier requires 8 points towards Evasion Bonus, so you need 16 in total.
    Checked using /checkparam <me>

Fast Cast II
    Fast cast is a strange one. Someone feel free to make corrections if I calculated this wrong.

Blue Mage starts from Fast Cast 0 (Cast Time-5%/Recast-2.5%), and can gain up to Fast Cast II. But this is silly, because it forces us to spend 24 points for Tier II, when most of the other traits only require 16 points for Tier II.

In any event I did this test using metallic body recast time.

Fast Cast 0:
    Requires 8 Points towards Fast Cast
    Cast Time-5% / Recast-2.5%
    metallic body recast down to 58s

Fast Cast I:
    Requires 16 Points towards Fast Cast
    Cast Time-10% / Recast-5%
    metallic body recast down to 57s

Fast Cast II:
    Requires 24 Points towards Fast Cast
    Cast Time -15% / Recast-7.5%
    metallic body recast down to 55s
    (2)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    For Magic Attack Bonus - why did you only list Magic Attack Bonus III - cant we achieve Magic Attack Bonus V now, or is there a hidden cap?

Cursed Sphere(4),Sound Blast(4),Eyes On Me(4),Memento Mori(4),Heat Breath(4),Reactor Cool(4),Magic Hammer(4),Dream Flower(4),Erratic Flutter(8)

Same applies for attack bonus - we should be able to achieve Attack Bonus IV?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by larrymc View Post
    For Magic Attack Bonus - why did you only list Magic Attack Bonus III - cant we achieve Magic Attack Bonus V now, or is there a hidden cap?

Cursed Sphere(4),Sound Blast(4),Eyes On Me(4),Memento Mori(4),Heat Breath(4),Reactor Cool(4),Magic Hammer(4),Dream Flower(4),Erratic Flutter(8)

Same applies for attack bonus - we should be able to achieve Attack Bonus IV?
    Feel free to re-check them, but from what I found, the Tiers listed were the maximum tier I could achieve even when setting every single spell available for that particular trait.

IE. My attack went from 190 to 225 when setting every single spell that grants Attack Bonus and accounting for the "+STR" set bonuses. This is equivalent to Attack Bonus III even though in theory I should be getting Attack Bonus IV.

Same holds true for Magic Attack Bonus III.
    Tem. Upheaval deals 562 damage nude with no spells equipped. If I equip all spells for Magic Attack Bonus V, and Account for the INT+10 from set bonuses, Tem. Upheaval deals only 719 damage (+28% = MAB III).

Accuracy Bonus Caps at Tier 3, while Evasion and Defense Bonus both cap at tier 2.
    (0)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast