Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    Feel free to re-check them, but from what I found, the Tiers listed were the maximum tier I could achieve even when setting every single spell available for that particular trait.

IE. My attack went from 190 to 225 when setting every single spell that grants Attack Bonus and accounting for the "+STR" set bonuses. This is equivalent to Attack Bonus III even though in theory I should be getting Attack Bonus IV.

Same holds true for Magic Attack Bonus III.
    Tem. Upheaval deals 562 damage nude with no spells equipped. If I equip all spells for Magic Attack Bonus V, and Account for the INT+10 from set bonuses, Tem. Upheaval deals only 719 damage (+28% = MAB III).

Accuracy Bonus Caps at Tier 3, while Evasion and Defense Bonus both cap at tier 2.
    Thanks for figuring that out.
    (1)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Feel free to re-check them, but from what I found, the Tiers listed were the maximum tier I could achieve even when setting every single spell available for that particular trait.

IE. My attack went from 190 to 225 when setting every single spell that grants Attack Bonus and accounting for the "+STR" set bonuses. This is equivalent to Attack Bonus III even though in theory I should be getting Attack Bonus IV.

Tem. Upheaval deals 562 damage nude with no spells equipped. If I equip all spells for Magic Attack Bonus V, and Account for the INT+10 from set bonuses, Tem. Upheaval deals only 719 damage (+28% = MAB III).

Accuracy Bonus Caps at Tier 3, while Evasion and Defense Bonus both cap at tier 2.
    Thank you, this is great information.
    (1)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

thats kinda shitty ._., wouldd have been nice if they would have gone higher up for more situational customization, but alas still better then how it was previously
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    One of the core design concepts for blue magic is based around the fact that as you level up, more powerful spells will become available. Due to this, the development team would prefer to focus on adding new blue magic at the higher-level tiers rather than to adjust low-level spells. However, they are aware that there is a limited variety of single-target physical blue magic and support-type blue magic in the high-level tier so they are planning to add more, but it will take some time until they become available.
    One of the core design concepts for black mage is based around the fact that as you level up, more powerful spells will become available. Due to this, they constantly spam Stone1 to deal the most efficient damage over time...(By comparing this statement to black mage, you can tell it's rather rediculous)

Also, if you intended older spells to become obsolete as newer spells are obtained, why do higher traits (the good, used ones) often still require lower level spells to be equipped to obtain the higher trait tiers?
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    One of the core design concepts for black mage is based around the fact that as you level up, more powerful spells will become available. Due to this, they constantly spam Stone1 to deal the most efficient damage over time...(By comparing this statement to black mage, you can tell it's rather rediculous)

Also, if you intended older spells to become obsolete as newer spells are obtained, why do higher traits (the good, used ones) often still require lower level spells to be equipped to obtain the higher trait tiers?

Just the same if they intended for older spells to become obsolete they mize well of given blues a delete old learned spells feature for the newer spells they intend to keep on giving us instead of them just sitting there forever in the void and this much is just like: laugh out loud, you took forever to learn those older spell's at lower levels, well now it's worthless->lol. It is as they kind of have an idea where newer players could skip learning the older spells and speed level to 99 and just pick up the newer level supposedly better spells that replaced all of the useless now older spells >_<;; by taking this route in truth. Wow! Okay, yeah sure thing....
    (1)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 07-24-2014 at 02:43 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Player
    Not to mention, "One of the design concepts things about levelling a job, is unlocking new weaponskills that are much more powerful than old ones! Which is why we just buffed the crap out of all the old weaponskills." wait, what?

And yet they say this to both Blu and Bst (Who have recently asked for all jug pets to no longer be level capped, which is I think a fantastic idea) "one of the design strategies is that as you level, you get access to stronger versions of certain types of things", it's just often, and hilariously untrue.
    (1)

Character
    Kafrein
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It makes sense to me really, the 'broken' spells perhaps aren't that useful in the lower levels but they're there if you need them. Blue Mage has a vast collection of spells and the idea is that you constantly update your strategy and repertoire to suit the situation, meaning stronger attack spells and so on. It's unique compared to other mage classes in that sense, because Black Mage still has a good usage for their low level spells. I don't think that's a necessity it's just a difference between the classes. While there are some spells that I think should be fixed, ultimately I agree with Square on their explanation.

I think Blue Mage has got a lot of attention and buffs recently and it's fantastic, so I am not about to complain about it.
    (1)

Character
    Sabishii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Can we do something about pyric bulwark? The July update says: The name of the blue magic spell Pyric Bulwark has been adjusted to Polar Bulwark. (Added on 7/15/2014)

But it hasn't (at least in the english patch updates), and it still does the same thing. The only thing they did was change the element from ice to light (which doesn't do anything).

Maybe they should change the spell so it actually IS polar bulwark, the magic nullifying spell. Nullifying one HIT of physical damage doesn't do much. If it lasted for a set period of time, I'd use it. If it was like sentinel, or rampart, I'd use it. If it was a mini-invincible I'd use it. If it nullified magic damage instead of physical damage, I'd consider using it, because magic usually hits harder than physical hits from mobs. Right now, I'd rather use bloodrake to get my HP full in one spell, than a spell that'll just nullify the next melee swing, even if I use diffusion to give it to the whole party.
    (2)

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Should be changed to be a Migawari effect for 30 seconds, if damage exceeds 50% of your max HP, the damage is nullified. Lasts until it wears off or an attack of that caliber hits you.
    (2)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Well my thought as of late for blue besides the sub supports with certain jobs!

I'm actually looking forward to newer or redone spells through newer spells and even though I forgot all i wanted to say in this one post, i'm looking forward to more AoE buff up spells that cover the party but not only your party/trust party but a few new spells that could reach the alliances if there ever formed or should i say when they are formed. Hopefully I can remember the other spells I was thinking on that could be added to edit them in my post later again. Natural Meditation spell seems to fade away rather quickly specially if you buff up and recover mp old fashioned style-{/heal} then go about your business of the battle ahead.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast