Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    STOP

Blue spells are not magic like Black / White, they are TP moves and function using the same rules. Torb and BC are physical weapon skills like Tachi: Gekko / ect. They do damage but have a chance of procing an additional effect. With some TP moves that chance is damn near 100% while others is really low (Metatron Torment / Tachi: Agehia). Macc / MEvasion checks are only done AFTER the
    effect procs, if the effect doesn't proc then no MACC/MEVD check happens.

MAcc/MEvd is really easy to understand, it's a direct comparison of your M.Acc minus the target M.Evasion with the result being the percentage chance of it happening. With magic there are multiple resist stages, typically two to four. If the first stage fails then it will check again for half resist, and then quarter and so on until there is no more stages to check. As a iLevel 119 player, our magic accuracy should be 600~700+ and a level 52 monster will be about 150 magic evasion. That's such a large difference that your going to have capped land rates no matter what. Yet testing 10+ and only one landed, but landed for a very long time. The chances of a capped magic accuracy missing twice is 2.5%. The chances of it missing twice in a row for five or more monsters is 0.000000000009765625%. That is in the realm of being so improbable as to be considered impossible, and for it to happen on multiple people adds even more decimal places. Now if the additional effect has a 10% or less proc rate, then those capped magic acc checks never happen on the hits that don't proc.

Now stop thinking it's like Thunder, Gravity, Slow or Frightful Roar.
    Stop right there I know exactly how magic hit rate and proc rateworks. If you had thoroughly read what you are trying to argue with you'd have realized that your reasoning of why this must be the work of proc rate doesn't actually answer my questioning of whether that is actually been tested to be the case nor contradict the explanation I gave of why it might not actually be that.

I specifically mentioned spell AND ws. I know that's how normal additional effects work but can you name a ws that has been proven to work like that? Also you completely glare over me mentioning the fact that there macc checks aren't a simple your macc vs the mobs meva but takes into account things specific to the spell vs the mob (which btw is the reason why SE has repeatedly said they don't want to add macc into /checkparam because it's somewhat dependent on specific element and debuff type that further vary depending on the mob cast on) and continue to insist you must be capped magic hit rate. Unless there is some testing that shows conclusively this is definitely below floored land rate you don't know that isn't just a case of insane meva to that particular spell/effect. And the odds of it missing 10 times in a row at floor hit rates assuming no half or higher resist states is almost 60%. With just 2 resist states (which is most common for debuffs) floor hit rate would lead you to 10% chance total to land the effect which lines up fairly well with your 1/10 thing. For example like I mentioned before imps have a high resistance to dark in general like dark based sleeps. iirc it was tested to be about +120ish meva to dark sleep. Which is fairly easy to overcome now but is just an example of how different values can be. And if they can do that what's to say they didn't just give some -10,000?

There is also another possibility. It could be that this spell has an additional check after meva/macc that lowers it's hit rate. An example of this would be
    It also could be that they flat out sleeping skeletons. Even a 119 rdm with elemental seal against lvl 10 skeletons will miss sleep 100% of the time under normal circumstances despite it not having the completely immune message. The exceptions to this are immunobreak which the limited testing I've done shows it seems to add some hitrate back depending on level and stymie which my even more limited testing seems to indict that it more or less just forces the effect into the next resist state.

Note in case you are thinking def down is def down why don't all of them work this horribly I'd like to point out Jettatura is resists a lot and even when you land it it wears off almost immediately while Absolute Terror lands easy.

Now if there has been testing on ws/blu spell additional effects like that to prove that then fine guess it definitely isn't. I just have never heard of such testing

Regardless of the exact mechanism that is being employed to cause these to not land even on really easy stuff it needs to be fixed. And given they work on the test server it's clear they can be

Also not particularly necessary to the conversation but why do you keep putting a "D" in the abbreviation for magic evasion? Also typically outside of flash/stun (which have an unknown number) debuffs just have 2 resist states. Usually just nukes that have more
    (2)
    Last edited by dasva; 12-14-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    In other words, let's get these spells fixed.
    (4)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10