Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Gonna bump this thread, not gonna let it die until we get some sort of response/action.

It makes no sense to have two useless A grade skills. This is not like a pld's secondary weapons, clubs, staff, etc, but these are skills that are unique/only used by ninja. Even a war can be efficient with B grade skills, Brd C grade. Imo, the innin stance requirement should be removed (Makes no sense for a tanking job honestly, when you consider the penalties and stance positioning), and also, a ninja needs to be able to better utilize all of its tools; otherwise just remove shurikens and elemental ninjustu from the game. It is highly possible to make these three skills work in unison SE; you did it for other jobs whom have secondary weapons, not A grade skills. I gave an perfect (Imo, lol) illustration on how this can be done. A generic JA (With skillchain properties; akin to sam's chain bound JA, only damaging), Allow sange and range attacks to be instant (Yags do it), shorten sange recast a little, give us magic attack on 106+ katanas (Enough for it to be efficient during self skillchains; don't we have magic burst/skillchain bonus anyway,hmmm), give us high lvl shurikens with evasion, range acc/att on them, also remove the innin stance requirement.

This would not require a re-haul and fits directly into some of the traits native to ninjas atm, magic burst/skillcahin bonus. I mean blu can self sc (They are in the dumps atm), it would not break anything. Self skillchaining would be a great way to gain hate and also utilize unused A grade skills.
    (0)

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Mikage as a job trait and as new 1-jour, an ability That double the effect of ninjustsu.
    (0)

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
    If it doesn't bleeds...
    I can probably kill it too.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwena View Post
    Mikage as a job trait and as new 1-jour, an ability That double the effect of ninjustsu.
    This would be cool; some may argue that it could be broken, but does it not dependent on the number of shadows you have? If you are reaching breakneck speed; enmity would be most likely generated which could equate to your shadows being lost. Nin was intended to be a fast striker, look at the -delay on their gear.

Ninja is a great job, in theory, but the vision and the actual performance does not equate. Innin; great idea, but the circumstances that makes this JA shine are quite rare. Mikage; another great idea, but it only occurs every hour. Sange; Imo the JA with the most potential (No I am not a Naruto fan, never even watched the crap, lol), but where are the lvl119 shurikens? We have a A grade in throwing. Imo, sange should be a instant JA on a 3min timer. With high lvl shurikens, this can reach near ws levels of damage on crits (Innin from the from front), not to mention the tp gain from an instant 5 hits. Ninjutsu is nice, in theory, but there are no magic attack on our katanas. Magic burst and skillchain damage boost traits are nice, but under what circumstances would we use this in today's XI? A self-skill chaining capabilities would solve this.
    (0)

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I feel like devs don't care much about ninja... Only major adjustment we got was sange. The most useless skill ever for now (compare to other merits). And definitely, Mikage should be a job trait. Also, its about every debuffing stuff (ws, weapon's procs, spell, ninjutsu, blue magic, JA...) should stack.
    (0)

If it doesn't bleeds...

Player
    While not a stance, I welcome this^^ http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...337#post507337

I just was some use for shurikens; they were such great weapons at lower lvls, hopefully these elements are solid.
    (0)

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Well, we will see it... Soon? I don't know. But new shurikens will be welcomed.
    (0)

If it doesn't bleeds...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5