Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Surprised no one made an unofficially supported translation for something like spanish who could do the same for this. I don't know of one at least, and it wouldn't be allowed I'm sure, but if someone knows of one that could really help too.
    (0)

Character
    Bluelove
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I agree it's a learning task, but I'm no speaking for myself I'm speaking for all the gamers that we'll loose cause of it. Not everyone has enough breath to take it along..
    (1)

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I see it as an opportunity for the german and french community to open up their minds and start enjoing the game as an international game.

I'm german and I started the game a month after US release.
    I never knew the game other than english (except for a short insight in the jp-client).

I meet a lot of People from different countries and I could encourage some to play the game in english since they will understand others better and they will improve their language skills.

Hopefully we won't loose so many people and those who'll stay will be enjoing the game even more.
    (0)

SE has probably crunched the numbers for this anyway. They might have data over how many germans are playing it in german, and how many are playing it in english, and also how many germans are playing it in total, then weighing all that up against what it costs to keep the german version up to date.

I doubt they would do it if it lost them money.
    (0)

Character
    Bluelove
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Don't get me wrong I've played that game for over 2 Years before the release came, and had fun. But I even had much more fun when the German release got on start. It felt more like home. This is what I can say.
    (2)

Character
    Diag
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 72
    they have translated so much already, it stands in no relation to the content which will follow.. they should keep the already translated text and can add the new one in english even if the change in languages maybe will look ugly sometimes.. we speak different languages, why not the npcs i´ve learned a lot trough playing english solo rpgs/visual novels (by reading, not talking, so thats a different matter ^^) but my english is still not good enough to understand every single word. and i enjoy ffxi mainly because of its story-related content, but there a so many items and other specified (mmo) words which are not common to use for someone who´s native language is not english. i think i´ll probably unterstand most part of the game, but not all of it to fully enjoy it :/ i can understand the decision to stop the localisation of new content, but please let the option open to stay with the already translated textfiles :/ maybe some spells etc. are not well-translated, i rrrreally love the translation most part of the game <3 in the german forum some people already said they will stop playing and i think it will be some more than that :/
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2