Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Geomancer and Rune Fencer Jobemotes??

As the lover of silly things as I am, I can't help but wonder about this. Will we see new jobemote quests soon? I'm fine with GEO and RUN getting no empyrean or relic of whatsoever kind, but PLEEEEASE tell me we're getting the jobemotes!!

Also, disappointment on the update.. we got one whole new continent and not even a single new furniture? Hoping to see some new ones soon!

And last but not least, some new low-level costume gear would be cool! Any news on the matter? Any thoughts?
    (4)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    oh no, a whole new continent with a new city, new quests and new content, and two new jobs, what a shiatty update... /sarcasm

There will be more version updates, don't panic.
    (2)

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    oh no, a whole new continent with a new city, new quests and new content, and two new jobs, what a shiatty update... /sarcasm
    Don't put words in my mouth. I never said the update was bad, just that I was disappointed to not see furniture.

And I wouldn't say asking questions about things that I personally haven't seen being brought up yet is 'panic', either.

Each player is free to prefer certain aspects of the game over others, and inquire about it. Unless there's a rule somewhere saying that one must not ask about stuff right after an update, that I'm not aware of.
    (7)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    @above: no offense, but I think you need to revise your priorities if the thing you were most excitied for was new furniture and job emotes. I want them too, but it's not ruining my experience not to have them yet.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-29-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    it's not ruining mine either, but I think I'm free to care about other things than stats or achievements.

this is a free forum where players are allowed to discuss anything related to the game. I see many other threads complaining, demanding, attacking SE with aggressive tones or threats of quitting or whatsoever kind of insult. I'm doing none of this, so why bash me for asking about something I like?
    (5)
    Last edited by Kjara; 03-29-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Character
    Avina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    @above: no offense, but I think you need to revise your priorities if the thing you were most excitied for was new furniture and job emotes. I want them too, but it's not ruining my experience not to have them yet.
    I missed where he said the thing he was most excited for was new furnishings and job emotes. Pretty sure he just said he was disappointed on the update lacking furnishing and was hoping there would be some in the future, and looking for a confirmation on when we might expect some job emotes.

And he didn't say that it was ruining his experience either. So I don't know, troll/lie/make stuff up less?
    (8)
    Last edited by Avina; 03-29-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Player
    Either way so what if he was most excited about those things? They're his priorities to have not yours, you got your own.
    (7)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I am disappointed too with this new expansion. I don't understand their reasoning for not including a lot of stuffs being this is EXPANSION not a measly update. They did great with many small things, but seems they did the bare minimum. On top of this, they are not doing a very good job with the bigger things, seeing other people have posted their not so great experience in playing them.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    I am disappointed too with this new expansion. I don't understand their reasoning for not including a lot of stuffs being this is EXPANSION not a measly update. They did great with many small things, but seems they did the bare minimum. On top of this, they are not doing a very good job with the bigger things, seeing other people have posted their not so great experience in playing them.
    Every expansion didn't release all content immediately. For one, it would take much, much longer to release if they waited for every single bit of expansion content to be developed before releasing it. No MMORPG in existence does this.
    Second, Content is released in doses in order to gate the content, so we can't all beat it all within a few days of launching and get instantly bored.
    Third, there is a crap ton of content in the initial release, so I don't see any valid reason for complaint on the content front.
    If a whole bunch of new areas with new battle content and mechanics, two new jobs, a new city, new quests etc. doesn't qualify as an expansion or isn't sufficient for its initial release, I don't know what is.

Nobody acted like this when the other expanisons came out, and they all had a similar amount of content available at their launches. Other than the usual expansion release congestion sh1tstorm (which is a legitimate complaint, and I totally agree with the complainers on that) this release wasn't functionally better or worse off than the ones before it.

WotG and ToAU both had only a few missions initially avialable. Each added a fairly similar number of new areas. Each had no AF/merits/etc for the new jobs in the initial update. This was done intentionally. They knew there would be a bunch of 99 players in the first 2 days. This is about the only way they have to slow things down a bit .

I haven't met anyone who can tell me they've leveled both jobs to 99 and completely explored all new areas and experienced all new content to the fullest extent possible yet. Until that happens, arguments about too little content have no leg to stand on.

it's not ruining mine either, but I think I'm free to care about other things than stats or achievements.

this is a free forum where players are allowed to discuss anything related to the game. I see many other threads complaining, demanding, attacking SE with aggressive tones or threats of quitting or whatsoever kind of insult. I'm doing none of this, so why bash me for asking about something I like?
    I'm not bashing you for liking these things- you're free to like whatever you want, and that's cool with me. however, that doesn't make me any less astounded that somebody could be "disappointed" about the update *in general as a whole* because of these things by themselves. You're not enjoying the new jobs? you don't like the new areas? don't like the battle content? There has to be more to it than the job emotes not being released yet.

I'm finding the new jobs quite fun to play (difficult to say how wanted they will be in general, but that's another matter). The new areas are well done, and frankly I'm overwhelemed at the apparent complexity of some of the new features. I'm having a hard time finding things to complain about, at least that arent technical in nature.

And he didn't say that it was ruining his experience either. So I don't know, troll/lie/make stuff up less?
    I'm not trolling/lying/making stuff up. That's what his post read to me as. My post was based on the impression I got from it (specifically from the statement: "Disappointment with the update."). As I stated earlier in this post, I find it hard to believe someone could be disappointed based on t hose two things named alone- especially when I'm sure both will come in future updates.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-30-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The job emotes are already sorta in there. If you type "/jobemote RUN" or "/jobemote GEO", you get the message stating that you cannot use that job emote. If you did something like "/jobemote RTY", you get a message saying that a command error occurred or something like that.

Let's not forget that this is just the beginning and features will be added. BLU, COR, and PUP didn't even have AF when TOAU came out. Now they have all 3 sets of AF.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast