Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Galka/ Mithra/ Tarutaru/ Hume/ Elvaan

We all have our opinions on what race we prefer and choose to play, either due to looks, abilities, etc. But let's talk barebone stats for a minute.

Clearly there's a difference in stats a race brings to certian jobs, it's black and white. However, in the end, does it truly matter? Would any one of you choose a galka monk over a taru if you had the choice?
    (0)

Character
    Aisubeki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The races are just aesthetics, there is no superior difference between the 5. If one really believes that Elvaan are truly the greatet DDs, and Taru are best mages, etc, then they are fooling themselves. All races are equal in the eyes of Pr... wait spoiler alert. Altana*
    (0)

Character
    Jerritt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 23
    It's just a personal preference, but I would definitely choose a Galka over Taru :P.

I think stats make a small difference at low level. You can definitely tell when you are meleeing as an Elf compared to a Taru. At 90 though, I am not sure if the differences are that noticable, especially if you have geared your character to make up the difference.

I love to Melee which is why my characters are usually Elvaan. However I do have a few Humes in there. I have to admit though, of all the characters I have created in the last 4-5 years, I have played all races except Taru. *Shrugs* I think it's more to do with their size though, than their stats.
    (0)

Player
    Is it a matter of personal opinion that you look on a chatacter selected? Or do te stats in the end matter? If two characters, a Taru and Galka Monk are to choose from, both having the exact same gear, whould you choose one from the other?

Same with any job. A DRK Galka and a Taru. Whom do you choose if in the same gear? The Taru will out shine the galka in spells casted. Yet the Glaka will have more HP (minor) and VIT and STR.

Andylynn is right, in the end, it really doesn't matter. There will always be stat differences with the races, but with the right play style and gear choices, all are useable.
    (0)

Taru are the master race. You may debate this as much as you want. We are the cutest. The end.
    (0)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Miiyo View Post
    Taru are the master race. You may debate this as much as you want. We are the cutest. The end.
    you kow this comment was comming

this is ned thread comment XD
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Not sure how people think hundreds of hp or 10+ stats don't matter.
    (0)

And I eat tarus. Therefore they are non-existent and no longer qualify!
    (0)

It's an old sig, but I still <3 it.

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Race counts, but not more than gear and player skill. That being said race isn't going to be on top of my priority list.

However, let's say the taru mnk had access to a galka mnk w/ the same gear and played w/ his same play style, he'd perform better as a galka than he would as a taru.
    (0)

Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    i wish we could change our races even if it was like once a year or something! i wanted to be a taru. .but my husband said he wouldnt marry a taru in game.. (hes a galka) lol So i settled on Hume.. but honestly i think know matter waht race you are if you know how to play the job and gear it well you can master any job.. some harder then others im sure but still doable.
    (0)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast