Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Best way to screen for Provenance Watcher eligibility?

Hey all,

I was kind of a dolt and passed on Voidwatch when it was all the rage and you could get in through pickup groups. Belatedly, I am trying to clear all Voidwatch. I've already done most of it: all Aht Urghan, all Promathia, all Zilart all cities, and all Jeuno T1-T6. All that's really left is Botulus Rex, Ig-Alima, and Provenance Watcher.

I was in a pickup group for Provenance Watcher that took a while to get off the ground and ultimately failed because we could only get 6 people. We found that Provenance Watcher wasn't terribly tough offensively, but because we lacked sufficient magic damage and stunning, those Crystal Fetters really got in the way. We fought to something of a stalemate then timed out after 30 minutes.

That was probably a month ago. Since then I got Jeuno clears for a few more people and am setting up a Provenance Watcher run this Saturday. I'm not sure how many people I'll get and I might try to do some /yells to fill it out. To that end, there's something I want to prevent.

One thing that kept happening was that we'd get someone who wants to join but didn't realize that the PW fight is a battlefield and that there are several requirements. We'd get people who only had some Jeuno VW cleared, who had no Jeuno VW cleared, or had no VW cleared period. There were probably about 6 people who dropped out before the actual fight because of failure to meet requirements.

So my question is this, what is the easiest way to be sure that you can do the Provenance Watcher +3 caturae fights? I'm thinking that if you can enter the Verdical Conflux in Pashow (S) then you should be good. I guess you could just ask people if they did all Jeuno Voidwatch fights, but I've been finding people don't really know for sure. Having White Stratum Abyssite VI would mean that you're at least UP TO tier 6, but not necessarily ready for PW.

So what should I ask for if someone tries to jump in on my Provenance Watcher fight? Not job-wise, just how do I assure they're not gonna dick around for an hour then say "lol I can't get in" right when we're about to start? Maybe check for Kupofried's Corundum key item? But people might not have bothered to pick those up? Any quest to check for in the quest logs?

Also if anyone is on Carbuncle and wants to come or can help, the run is at 6 PM Eastern on May 3rd (Saturday).
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Well you get your first Kupofried just by entering provence iirc so should have one unless you used it up. Or you could ask for Clairvoy ant which can't get used up and you get one first time you go into provenence lobby area.
    (0)