Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Suggestions: All servers using one Action House

Hello

in odin it became very hard to sell anything, for instance 5 out of 15 items sold and the rest are returned to me, where I remember before everything get sold even the junk which u get from normal mobs.

So what if all servers merged to one action house?
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Wouldn't solve any problems, really. just more supply of the things people want most and still none of what people need for short periods of time (e.g. low level stuff).

Also It's a good thing that each server has its own economy. I don't like the idea of trading items across servers.
    (7)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by iSafa View Post

Your 5 items that sold would probably have made you more money off the vendor than the AH.

You were either undercut, prices too high, or lack of interest as to why items returned to you. But by all means, push for this change if you like the idea of trying to sell your one darksteel ore on a AH with 1,000 darksteel ores at once. Nevermind what you might or might not get for your item. You'll probably never be able to sell anything with all undercutting across servers crammed into one economy. Talk about damn. Talk about I rather deal with FFXIV's non existent economy.

With that said, I don't see a problem with designing something like a mini AH where certain items that have a difficult time selling on a single server can be put at and seen and bought across worlds. This would be a great benefit to the game and new characters, and big hairy frickin' deal if Joe conspires with Tom on BG to use the cross world AH to exchange a large amount of gil, or whatever earth shattering misdeed they can come up with, a limited number of shady business deals is no reason at all to not go through with a limited cross world AH system that only permits so many specific items to be put on it in an effort to help any existing characters in need of it's service.

It's the only way the new/do over characters are ever going to have things be eased for them. I just don't know if there's enough of either to warrant the work put into making it happen. And even if there is, if there's enough players who would bother stocking the secondary AH when the choices for stocking are restricted. And even then, how do you go about choosing what's on the short bus list? There's so many items that rarely sell. Should it be for gear only, levels 1-50? Craft materials only? Misc only? I can't even begin to scratch the surface on this idea. I just know it'd do far more good than bad.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    The economy would take such a nose dive there'd be no reason for anybody to do much of anything, one of the prime motivators for getting stuff done is farming crafting, fishing etc. If you took those activities away alot of people would die of sheer boredom. What would be the use of doing anything other than skirmish and delve if there isn't going to be a reward for it?
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    But people don't craft now because most things needed to start a craft or to get back to leveling one that is low level is that they are almost never on the AH.
    (1)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by iSafa View Post
    Hello

in odin it became very hard to sell anything, for instance 5 out of 15 items sold and the rest are returned to me, where I remember before everything get sold even the junk which u get from normal mobs.

that wouldnt solve anything, infact it prolly would things even more worse ¬.¬
    (0)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I was actually wondering the same thing a wile back but figure it would turn into a large supply of basically what items are already on AH. This in turn would just have prices fall. If they fall too much, most will stop farming the few things that are farmed. The only way I can see more lower level gear/item on AH is one, we need more of a player base across all worlds, and two, go back in time and kill of the super fat exp from abbysea, not kill the content, just the super fast level gain, or, have the level requirement to get into abbysea 70+. But even if they fixed that aspect now, it would anger a lot of players, both new and old for may reasons.

I believe that SE knows that this game is now dieing, so there just having fun with it, teasing us with other things, and overall just handing us things till we all quit. Even today, the only reason I did anything is because my wife was adventuring along with me. I belong to.... lol I got off subject...

Yeah, um... too many of same items will have people undercutting massively, everything will cost 1 gil, everyone will have everything except the ones that don't. >:P
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    But people don't craft now because most things needed to start a craft or to get back to leveling one that is low level is that they are almost never on the AH.
    most in not all lowbie crafting items can be farmed, harvested, logged, mined, or bought from npcs. This goes with the mid to lower upper levels as well
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiichi View Post
    I was actually wondering the same thing a wile back but figure it would turn into a large supply of basically what items are already on AH. This in turn would just have prices fall. If they fall too much, most will stop farming the few things that are farmed. The only way I can see more lower level gear/item on AH is one, we need more of a player base across all worlds, and two, go back in time and kill of the super fat exp from abbysea, not kill the content, just the super fast level gain, or, have the level requirement to get into abbysea 70+. But even if they fixed that aspect now, it would anger a lot of players, both new and old for may reasons.

I believe that SE knows that this game is now dieing, so there just having fun with it, teasing us with other things, and overall just handing us things till we all quit. Even today, the only reason I did anything is because my wife was adventuring along with me. I belong to.... lol I got off subject...

Yeah, um... too many of same items will have people undercutting massively, everything will cost 1 gil, everyone will have everything except the ones that don't. >:P
    lower level gear ca be obtained from cp, an, isp, roe etc. turning back the clock on fast xp means going all the way back to the pre-toau days, and as much as I loved the sense of community back then, I really don't want to go back to level 70 being halway ro 75, and a year at a time leveling jobs to cap. You have no idea how expensive leveling rng or nin was back then, or what kind of strangle nold the rmt had on the economy because of the time it took to level
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    most in not all lowbie crafting items can be farmed, harvested, logged, mined, or bought from npcs. This goes with the mid to lower upper levels as well
    Because people want to deal with the troll that is the rng while harvesting for their things. Even if they are in the right zone it can take quite some time to get enough of the correct item you need for the most rewarding for skilling up on. Guilds and region vendors are not an option for somethings and at times trying to find a shop that sells an item you need might take a while checking various wikis. The time spent gathering the items you need in the amount you want vs the time to synth them while hoping you don't break and loose the hardest to get every single time is not worth the reward. When if the crafting economy was better you could spend less time buying from the AH at maybe a higher price. With not having to go jet setting around the map for a good while. Heck i'd probably have a better chance abusing my mog garden at getting the items.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast