Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Lack of RSE

Dear SE,

Back in, oh, the stone age, I remember these things called magical patters that gave to us a unique set of armor known as RSE (Race specific equipment). When I was dawned in it as a RDM back in the stone age, I felt rather unique and special. The equipment boosted my stats in a way that suppressed my weakness and made me look unique among the five races.

The other day I was strolling around Windurst for one reason r another and began o notice some of the NPCs in rather unique gear and had to wonder to myself, why are these unique outfits not RSE? You know, maby something that will make Tarutaru feel more Tarutaru? Or Mithra more savage? or Galka more as they where when they ruled the deserts?

Well that is my plea. SE, why not implement more RSE? And if nothing else, please, please please, a TaruTaru only polearm known as the Toothpick.

Sincerely yours,
    Kaiichi of Seriph err Bismark
    (7)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I totally agree, the RSE was cool with the quirky names and stats. Magical patterns were fun and it is a shame the quests are not repeatable. One reason they might not add new versions of RSE is that those sets were supposed to compensate for the racial HP/MP/Attribute inbalance, which has now been balanced automatically.

I liked "Toothpick" lol. Would also like to see a mithra H2H which looks like two small silver sharks, one on each paw. The WS could be called "Asuran Fish." We all have our dreams, don't we.
    (2)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    lol, Asuran Fish. Reminds me of a time before PUP didn't get Asuran Fists and my lil bro said they should release a new WSNM just for them so they could lear PUPercut. >:P
    (1)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't like RSE, would rather not have more gear locked out based on something that's fixed. JSE is fine because you can access that by leveling that job.

Also, the whole point of RSE was to compensate for the weaknesses of the races, but they've already started taking steps to reduce those natural differences, so RSE isn't as needed as it was before.
    (2)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Well you can't please everyone I guess, I personally enjoyed it. I like being able to stand out on a job more than other races. But everyone is entitled to there own opinion. I guess if some Items where added as town / lockstyle gear, I'd be happy with that too. But come on.. Toothpick? You know you love it.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    I wouldn't like RSE either if I was a galka. Who ever at SE thought dressing that race up in a bondage outfit should have been slapped.
    (0)

I personally always thought it was so we'd not only have better stats but look like we're "suppose" to look...but then yeah...the Galka...kinda killed that. Still if your only excuse is that they're "fixing" the differences between the races I think you're maybe looking at it as if the hp/mp boon isn't all their going to do and that might not be the case. Other than that they gave no indication that they're going to do anything else besides that just means the RSE will work even better, win/win.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Well, as I posted earlier, I guess what I was going for where just some sets of gear (whether they had 1 def or 100) that gave the races a solid look. For Tarutaru, Kinda like what Apururu and Ajido-Marujido wear. For the Mithra, I was hoping for something more tribel, feathers and such, kinda like what the chieftains have, but less, as not all Mithra are. And for the Galka, I want to know what they where dawning back when they owned the desert. I have a feeling it was more Egyptian-like.
    (1)

Exactly, I kinda wonder why even now why they don't let us have some of the npcs stuff to wear. Even if it is done as RSE we should you know have some of their stuff.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'll always have a soft spot for my savage gaiters. Appearance-wise, it tended to look like I had no foot armor on, but the extra str had me wearing them almost non-stop during low to mid level xping.

But it is an interesting idea. The level 1 starter gear and the RSE are the same models just recolored (I vote new green tint for Mithra). It would be neat to have a high level version. But maybe instead of the concern that the stats vary too much and are based on race, make it a general piece of gear that everybody could benefit from. Even something similar to the sparks armor that gives increased skill-up rates with the only difference being cosmetic.
    (1)