Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Why no throwing weapon skill?

I know throwing is not great, but it just feels a bit incomplete when most all damaging skills get a ws but not Throwing. That and my thief always carries an evasion+ throwing weapon with little incentive to use it.

How about one that has a chance to land stun or addle? (getting hit in the head with a rock might addle someone ;-) )
    (2)
    Last edited by radicaldreamer; 04-25-2014 at 08:36 AM.
    It's important to hold onto your dreams.. Even if it means staying half-asleep.
    -rd

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Technical reasons. People have been asking this question for years and that's the main reason we've gotten.
    (0)

As i remember it, its because theres no way for the game to tell the difference between a Boomerange-type ranged and a Shuriken-type ranged (I.e Ranged and Ammo), and its further hurt by the existence of non-throwable ammo items.
    (1)

They are supposed to be doing something about the whole throwing system though...just don't know what.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Greetings,

As throwing weapons are not a main source of attack for battles, the development team does not have any plans to introduce throwing based weapon skills. However, we will be implementing throwing weapons that have item levels.

Also related to throwing, in order to increase the opportunities for using shuriken with ninja, we would like to add some new elements that will be unique for ninja.

The team is currently working on developing and adjusting other aspects of the game at the moment, so this will take a bit of time; however, I’ll be sure to keep you updated as there is progress.
    (9)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

But...what...would...be...the...point...with...no.......weaponskill?
    (1)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Aarahs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    But...what...would...be...the...point...with...no.......weaponskill?
    Stay tuned and find out.
    (0)

Player
    Please more crossbows for THF and maybe newer status bolts for THF! We welcomed the Oxidant Bolt but a new and upgraded Sleep Bolt and Blood Bolt would be welcome.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

As throwing weapons are not a main source of attack for battles, the development team does not have any plans to introduce throwing based weapon skills. However, we will be implementing throwing weapons that have item levels.

Also related to throwing, in order to increase the opportunities for using shuriken with ninja, we would like to add some new elements that will be unique for ninja.

The team is currently working on developing and adjusting other aspects of the game at the moment, so this will take a bit of time; however, I’ll be sure to keep you updated as there is progress.
    How i loved chucking those things^^ Main hate tools at lower lvls. I am intrigued by this news, wonder how SE will implement shurikens? Thowing them will result in a delay in dps, unless they deal large amounts of damage and tp at lvl119. These things were slept on at lower lvls (Hate magnets), however, as our dps increased (Traits, WS), shurikens were rendered useless. Sange was nice for quick long range damage in abyssea (If it crits); but koga's were a pain to get, not to mention the new lvl119 weapons > lvl75 shurikens. Adding new elements is the only hope for shuriken ninjas, even a 119 shuriken would fail in the delve era.

Shuriken ninjas ftw^^ hopefully this works, best XI news I have heard in a long while.
    (0)

I want to be able to equip Tarus as ammo to throw at mobs. =D
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast