Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Kuwabaraone
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Mog Garden Growth; It is time.

Ah, Mog Gardens. Had I only had this sort of thing back in '05 I probably would be a much, MUCH richer adventurer. Thanks to it, and 99 in general, I've a bounty of wealth and a means to store it all (Repository. BRILLIANT!). That being said, it's time to grow beyond the current rankings in place.

Don't get me wrong, as achieving Rank 5 is a challenge, but I feel we need to go beyond that, and see what Mog Garden can REALLY do. This is an untapped vein of fortune and a new means to gather the funding needed. The time has come to really harvest this new idea. Though the dev team may already have the roadmap for Mog Garden laid out, here's some hopeful ideas that I had brewing for a while:

-Compounding Interest from the Repository: Yes, I know, having the game generate money from the stored chest WILL cause inflation/deflation issues with current AH prices; among other things. Just would be NICE to see the money we gather grow along WITH the harvest. After all, we have to check it once a day ANYWAYS, so we might as well get a small bonus out of it. Say, 0.001% a day?

-Lower Contract at higher Ranked Gardens: It's always been difficult to have hired help at lower ends when money/bayld is tight. So, when you have a higher Ranking Garden, you should get a reprieve from the cost of assisstants. For example, Rank 1 would cost 10k per week, whereas Rank 5 would cost 2k per week. Keep in mind the 2k is minimum amount that is allowed for services, IF you are not using Coalition Items.

-Coalition Purchases using Gil: This is another untapped venture that could help with crop yields. TRUE, GPS Stars help out with this, but it's not far-fetched to have the Garden Moogle provide Coalition Items as well as a 'shipment' from the Inventors' Coalition. This can be made available after you reach Adoulin shores along with reaching a certain rank of prestige in the Inventors' Coalition.

-Mini AH 'Boat': Let's be honest. The dev team is trying to make Mog Garden self-sustaining. Might as well throw in access to the AH from there as well and makes us ALL Mog Garden Neets.

-Tie-in to the Main Storyline: Now THIS I would like to see! Possibly having the Swordmaiden gone missing or maybe tailed you into your Garden and just having a mini-mission/quest of sort. Maybe throw in a certain 'person' as well...

-Beyond Rank 5: Whether or not this is in the works, I don't know. But I would like to go beyond Rank 5. It doesn't necessarily have to increase the SIZE but rather the yield of items, as higher NPC valued items become more prevalent, or Flatsom items become even MORE rare...though I WILL say this: If by some MIRACLE of Altana a KRAKEN CLUB shows up as Flotsam, I may very well quit this game. (Nah, I'd still play, and BRAG about getting a K.Club from mere flotsam!!!)

-Actually SIT in the chair: Why is there a chair and table by the sea if you can't sit in it!? MAKE IT HAPPEN!

-Overalls and Hoe that HELP with Gardening: Since we can get these exclusive items, why not have them help with boosting our yields? Similar to how Field Gear (H.E.L.M. to some) helps with gathering goods in the mainlands, having the Overalls and Hoe should help with growing crops or getting higher quality of crops.

Well, I've said a lot on this topic. But I am curious as to what the Dev Team has in store for us Gardeners. I know I'm not alone in this, so drop a line for the Dev Team to read and see what you want added in the Garden of Mog!
    (11)
    YO!

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwabaraone View Post
    Ah, Mog Gardens. Had I only had this sort of thing back in '05 I probably would be a much, MUCH richer adventurer. Thanks to it, and 99 in general, I've a bounty of wealth and a means to store it all (Repository. BRILLIANT!). That being said, it's time to grow beyond the current rankings in place.

Don't get me wrong, as achieving Rank 5 is a challenge, but I feel we need to go beyond that, and see what Mog Garden can REALLY do. This is an untapped vein of fortune and a new means to gather the funding needed. The time has come to really harvest this new idea. Though the dev team may already have the roadmap for Mog Garden laid out, here's some hopeful ideas that I had brewing for a while:

-Compounding Interest from the Repository: Yes, I know, having the game generate money from the stored chest WILL cause inflation/deflation issues with current AH prices; among other things. Just would be NICE to see the money we gather grow along WITH the harvest. After all, we have to check it once a day ANYWAYS, so we might as well get a small bonus out of it. Say, 0.001% a day?

-Lower Contract at higher Ranked Gardens: It's always been difficult to have hired help at lower ends when money/bayld is tight. So, when you have a higher Ranking Garden, you should get a reprieve from the cost of assisstants. For example, Rank 1 would cost 10k per week, whereas Rank 5 would cost 2k per week. Keep in mind the 2k is minimum amount that is allowed for services, IF you are not using Coalition Items.

-Coalition Purchases using Gil: This is another untapped venture that could help with crop yields. TRUE, GPS Stars help out with this, but it's not far-fetched to have the Garden Moogle provide Coalition Items as well as a 'shipment' from the Inventors' Coalition. This can be made available after you reach Adoulin shores along with reaching a certain rank of prestige in the Inventors' Coalition.

-Mini AH 'Boat': Let's be honest. The dev team is trying to make Mog Garden self-sustaining. Might as well throw in access to the AH from there as well and makes us ALL Mog Garden Neets.

-Tie-in to the Main Storyline: Now THIS I would like to see! Possibly having the Swordmaiden gone missing or maybe tailed you into your Garden and just having a mini-mission/quest of sort. Maybe throw in a certain 'person' as well...

-Beyond Rank 5: Whether or not this is in the works, I don't know. But I would like to go beyond Rank 5. It doesn't necessarily have to increase the SIZE but rather the yield of items, as higher NPC valued items become more prevalent, or Flatsom items become even MORE rare...though I WILL say this: If by some MIRACLE of Altana a KRAKEN CLUB shows up as Flotsam, I may very well quit this game. (Nah, I'd still play, and BRAG about getting a K.Club from mere flotsam!!!)

-Actually SIT in the chair: Why is there a chair and table by the sea if you can't sit in it!? MAKE IT HAPPEN!

-Overalls and Hoe that HELP with Gardening: Since we can get these exclusive items, why not have them help with boosting our yields? Similar to how Field Gear (H.E.L.M. to some) helps with gathering goods in the mainlands, having the Overalls and Hoe should help with growing crops or getting higher quality of crops.

Well, I've said a lot on this topic. But I am curious as to what the Dev Team has in store for us Gardeners. I know I'm not alone in this, so drop a line for the Dev Team to read and see what you want added in the Garden of Mog!
    Why not, bump
    (0)

Character
    Kuwabaraone
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Thanks...I think...

But now here's some more ideas I managed to brew up. Again, whether or not they'll get DONE is at the mercy of the Dev Team. Hope they hear of this:

-Sparring "Mannequin" for Skilling up in the Garden. This would be an excellent way to kill downtime while waiting (Be it for a party, Garden refresh, etc.) Also, should help with timing of Skillchains and Magic Burst...also, to prevent from overusage, the "Mannequin" could last approx. 1 (Earth) hour, and can have a moderate rate of skilling. To GET the mannequin, you could tie in the Mannequin Quests as an incentive.

-Monstrosity: Earlier there was talk of Mog Garden being able to 'raise monsters' so why not BE the monster and raise yourself? Similar to the concept of the Sparring Mannequin, there could be a training session of sorts to help boost skills for Monipulators, after you've reached a certain point in Monstrosity, of course.

-Senergy Crucible access and usage: Don't know if this one is already in effect, but it would help with promoting Synergy if you have your own Cruicible at your disposal. Keep in mind, access to this is restricted until you meet the requirements to obtain your own crucible first, to be fair.

-Cutscene Viewer/Memory Viewer: Yes, there's already a Gobbie there that gives you the ability to watch Mog Garden Cutscenes, but let's EXPAND THAT to all CS you've watched/participated. Maybe even stream them together and make a movie out of it. Bring your friends and watch your tales unfold!

Well, that's it for the moment. More will pop up as time passes, but don't be afraid to jot some of your OWN ideas down. The Dev Team might consider them.
    (1)
    YO!

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I'd be happy with being able to view shouts from within it, and raising the max rank. It feels rather forgotten tbh, it hasn't seen an update in what, 8 months or so? I mean a real update too, not "you can invite friends in, and shoot off fireworks!"
    (1)

Character
    Kuwabaraone
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Too true. Hence the need to see it grow along with the main parts of the game. I do like the Shout idea. Would be nice to see them and possibly prep ourselves for that event. Any other ideas? The Dev Team could use our help.
    (0)
    YO!

They said something about raising sheep if I recall so...I WANT MAH SHEEP. Ahem and some mandys and maybe a bunny to be fair. And didn't they say we were going to be able to do something with the crabs walking around there?
    (2)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Kuwabaraone
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    They said something about raising sheep if I recall so...I WANT MAH SHEEP. Ahem and some mandys and maybe a bunny to be fair. And didn't they say we were going to be able to do something with the crabs walking around there?
    I think they did. But again, that's down the pipeline. A Mandy, Bunny and Crab Pet would be awesome to see. Could make a little pen on the side to raise them. Or BETTER!

-Chocobo Raising in the Garden: Could possibly combine the Raising of our own Chocobo from inside the Stables or further the stats of existing ones. Make them fit to race too! Naturally, you have to either complete the Chocobo raising sidequest or start it simultaneously. Could add in the Garden feature once the Chocobo Chick reaches a certain maturity.

These are some GOOD IDEAS! Let's give the Dev Team some more to really get the Garden growing!
    (0)
    YO!

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    If we did get the chocobo raising thing it would be a lil cute to see your chick or young cho following you around or being a pest to the crabs.
    (1)

Character
    Kuwabaraone
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I'd love to see that interaction among the Chocos and the Crabs too. But good news! Dev Team is raising the bar on Mog Garden to Rank 7~! From the looks of things, it's gonna be the Freshwater Pond getting a visual upgrade. Here's to getting HQ drops for high end synths, or increase in loot from the Garden. Can't wait to see what else is in store!
    (0)
    YO!

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Now if the nice lady would give me the KI already to bump my furrows to rank 5 I would be even more happy.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast